ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for Syrian - translation question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dani88
Newly Registered

Visit visa for SYRIAN national

Post by Dani88 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:03 am

I have a friend, a Syrian national, currently resident in Germany on a student visa. He wants to visit the UK, where he has some family members resident (they are in the process of receiving refugee status). What are the chances of him being granted a visit visa for the UK, considering he already has a valid visa in Germany (and he has been there for 2 years already and not claimed asylum)? Will it be a waste of time and money? Any information about any Syrians who have been granted visit visas to the UK would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Garry20g

Re: Visit visa for SYRIAN national

Post by Garry20g » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:19 pm

I think he do not need visitor visa. He just need to come at uk airport and claim asylum. Because Syrian is a genuine asylum.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm

I think he do not need visitor visa. He just need to come at uk airport and claim asylum. Because Syrian is a genuine asylum.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm
His friend already has legal residence (student visa) in Germany. He only intends to visit the UK and needs to apply for a Standard visitor visa, showing strong reasons to continue his studies in Germany.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dani88
Newly Registered

Post by Dani88 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:17 pm

Okay, but I'm pretty sure he would not be able to board a plane to the UK without a UK Visa, even if he did intend to claim asylum! Unless you have heard any cases of others (resident in EU like him) doing something like this? I'm pretty sure it would not work.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 am

Dani88 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:17 pm
Okay, but I'm pretty sure he would not be able to board a plane to the UK without a UK Visa, even if he did intend to claim asylum! Unless you have heard any cases of others (resident in EU like him) doing something like this? I'm pretty sure it would not work.
It wouldn't work. No airline will allow him to travel without a valid visitor visa, due to the hefty fine liability.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi Dani. I m not sure but on Germany student visa he can go to Ireland and from Ireland by road he can go to northern Ireland. When you are in northern Ireland than you can travel to uk by plane. This I guess. I do not have surety

Dani88
Newly Registered

Post by Dani88 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 pm

What makes you certain he could fly to Ireland? Ireland is not a Schengen country either.. Sorry not trying to sound rude, genuine question.

Dani88
Newly Registered

Post by Dani88 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Also, they will still check his ID while flying Belfast to mainland UK, and I am certain when they see his Syrian passport they will be looking or a visa..

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:11 pm

Forget all these 'slipping through the back door' suggestions. Your friend simply needs to apply for a standard visitor visa. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

Dani88
Newly Registered

Post by Dani88 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:35 am

Yes he does not want to or intend to slip through the back door.. He doesnt want to claim asylum, he actually just wants to visit. But he wanted to know if he actually has any chances of even being accepted for a visit visa..

Dani88
Newly Registered

Visit visa for Syrian - translation question

Post by Dani88 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:34 am

Hi all, I'm helping my Syrian friend apply for a visit visa for the UK. He currently lives in Germany. He has a letter from the German immigration authorities confirming that he has a valid residency for the next two years in Germany. He is waiting to receive his actual physical blue card. Does he need to get the letter translated since it's in German? I'm presuming he does. It's just expensive so he's trying to avoid it unless he has to.

Second question - the only documents they have requested as mandatory are his passport and German visa but I'm presuming he also needs to provide his proof of income, letter from employer, proof of address etc., correct?

Third question - is he throwing money down the drain with this application because he is Syrian? He has a good job in Germany so they have no reason to suspect he will over stay, but I still think his chances are slim. If anyone knows of any Syrian who successfully got a UK visit visa I would be interested to hear.