ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New tier 1 Forms

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arunkumarprs

New tier 1 Forms

Post by arunkumarprs » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi All,
I'm not sure if this was updated in the forum or not, but UKBA site has a new form now. The format of the form has been changed. Even thought the number of pages have been increased from 45 to 66, they have tried to reduce the redundant sections and give more space between questions.

All the new applicants please update yourself, if not yet....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ndantforms

Thanks
Arun

N.B. I'm sorry if this is a repeat post... Please let me know if so, I will delete this thread....

ruka
Newly Registered

Discrepency - please Help

Post by ruka » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 am

Hi,

The heading of this application reads

'APPLICATION FOR AN INITIAL GRANT OF LEAVE (SWITCHING) OR AN EXTENSION OF LEAVE UNDER TIER 1 (GENERAL) MAIN APPLICANT'

I am outside UK and I want to apply under tier1 (general). Is this the application form I should submit. I have two confusions

1. What does the heading contain 'SWITCHING' - Is this the application for some one who's already in UK or some one already with an HSMP approval

2. In this application form (PDF document) it says the application is 750 GBP for Tier 1 (general) application. But in the UKBA web site when I clicked on the link 'cost' it says the fee is just 600 GBP if applied from outside UK.

I am pretty confused. Can some one please help ?

Thanks in advance

arunkumarprs

Re: Discrepency - please Help

Post by arunkumarprs » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:59 am

Hi ruka,

I believe this application is only for people applying from UK. Where are you applying from? If India, then check the form available in VFS India website.

I'm not sure for other countries... check with your local embassy

Cheers
Arun

ruka wrote:Hi,

The heading of this application reads

'APPLICATION FOR AN INITIAL GRANT OF LEAVE (SWITCHING) OR AN EXTENSION OF LEAVE UNDER TIER 1 (GENERAL) MAIN APPLICANT'

I am outside UK and I want to apply under tier1 (general). Is this the application form I should submit. I have two confusions

1. What does the heading contain 'SWITCHING' - Is this the application for some one who's already in UK or some one already with an HSMP approval

2. In this application form (PDF document) it says the application is 750 GBP for Tier 1 (general) application. But in the UKBA web site when I clicked on the link 'cost' it says the fee is just 600 GBP if applied from outside UK.

I am pretty confused. Can some one please help ?

Thanks in advance

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Reading this webpage should clear your doubts on switching, which forms to use, and how to apply (from within UK or outside UK) ...... provided you read through *carefully*.

See also Cost: If you are outside the UK

Make an effort to read the information available - *carefully*.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:31 pm

how long do you think the new form will last for? I already filled out the old form and will now have to refill the new form :(

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:32 pm

I intend on applying in September when I come back from North America but want to get everything ready as soon as possible

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:50 pm

JESSIES wrote:I intend on applying in September when I come back from North America but want to get everything ready as soon as possible
Use the form that is available on the relevant website at the time you make your application.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

JAQ9509
Newly Registered

Queries on the

Post by JAQ9509 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:05 am

sushdmehta wrote:
JESSIES wrote:I intend on applying in September when I come back from North America but want to get everything ready as soon as possible
Use the form that is available on the relevant website at the time you make your application.

regards
Hi,

I must say the new forms are not very intuitive as compared to old ones

I have few queries on the new form and could not find explaination in the policy guidelines etc. I hope someone can shed some more light on it

I am planning to switch from WP=> Tier1. My queries go like this

1. In the question B25 applicants main occupation the option INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY is missing so I am not sure out of the given 25 options which one suits for person working in IT. I think the closest options are:
a. Science and technology professionals
b. Science and technology associate professionals

Any thoughts?

[/b]

2. Section 3A => G (G1,G2) HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review.
What is HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review? apologies for my ignorance but does it have something to do with people who are in UK under HSMP and switching into tier1? does it apply to WP=?tier 1 switch?

3. Section 3A=> H(H1,H2). Master in Business Administration (MBA) transitional arrangements

Again as the name suggest, does it apply to applicants who fall under the MBA transitional arrangements? and does not apply to fresh(first time) applicants in any category?

4. Am I correct in saying, All the people to whom the section 3a G&H does not apply should start complemeting the form from section 3A J. ?

Regards,
Jaq

rely

form filling VAFs

Post by rely » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Are these forms (pdf) VAF9 and B fillable on line?I tried to fill up after downloading but didnt succeed.
Or only black pen is to be used to fill.

rely