ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen for dependent step daughter

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms12345
Newly Registered

Schengen for dependent step daughter

Post by ms12345 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:05 am

Yesterday we attended A VFS centre to apply for Schengen visas for my wife a non eu citizen and also her 10 year old daughter non eu citizen . They recently recently received ILR and both now have BRP cards . I am British from Birth , but the Daughter has not been officially adopted by me , we had my wife’s divorce documents that shows she has sole custody.
They just refused point blank to even process the application of the Daughter saying she does not qualify as a family member of an EEA . I argued she is my dependent , but again they refused to accept the application. They did take my wife’s .
They said she must apply as a normal tourist visa with all the correct documents for that category, and booked her in for next week .
I don’t have these documents yet , and now they have my wife’s passport so I don’t know what to do next.
She has previously had 2 Schengen visas and have never had this problem before . We did apply directly to the embassy in London before . But this time we went to VFS Manchester . The guy there said he was the manager , he would not give me his name or the person he said was his senior who he went to call to confirm they would not take her application . He refused to give me anything in writing to say why he was refusing either .
Is it the law that we need an adoption certificate as he claimed ?

ms12345
Newly Registered

Re: Schengen for dependent step daughter

Post by ms12345 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Can anyone help , does anyone have any experience of this ?

travellove
Newly Registered
Malta

Re: Schengen for dependent step daughter

Post by travellove » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:31 am

No experience but since you got refused I think you should just go ahead with tourist visas untill you proceed with the adoption. Or apply again in London?