ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

krishxe
Newly Registered

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by krishxe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 pm

pankispankis wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:46 pm
My timeline:
Applied online - 25th May
Biometric enrolment appointment - 28th May
COA - 3rd June
Status outcome: 3rd June

I was on a tier 2 visa and I applied with my passport for pre-settled status as a spouse of the EU person who has been granted settled status. We recently got married and I've provided a marriage certificate along with proof of relationship over the last 2 years (shared address: leases, shared bank account etc.)
when did you get married ?

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:39 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:44 am
Leo_one wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks for made me correct. Is there any difference between permit and card except of permit stamp on passport. just for my information please
Today I have received my non Eu son's settled status confirmation letter by email. In the letter mentioned BRC is on the way and will be arrived in 7 days.
One thing make me confuse my son is non eu national and he came in UK 2 years before on non eu family member visa valid for 6 months. After expiry of visa i did not apply for further visa due to some reason. Now when i got my settled status as EU national live in UK last 15 years I had applied for my son who is non EU and he got the same status where as i have heard less then 5 years will get the pre settled status. If someone have same experience please share. Thanks

Applied on 13/05/2019
submitted bio-metric on 21/05/2019
COA received by email on 22/05/2019
settled status confirmed on 30/05/2019
waiting for BRC expecting in 7 days.
Today 03/06/2019 received BRC valid for 10 years mentioned EU settlement- Indefinite Leave to Remain.
wishing a good luck for all those are waiting.
Thank you for your updates , did you have to sign to get your BRC ! Or it was just left in your mail box !
yes it sent by special service signed for

leucocephulas1
Newly Registered

Post by leucocephulas1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:44 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:08 am
Good morning,

I hope you are all okay.

Finally, today I have received my pre-setled status after 2 months waiting. To calrify, I am holder of Tier 4 visa, but I applied using my passport.

My Timeline :-

Application Made:- 30/03/2019
Bio Done:- 11/04/2018
CoA Received:- 22/04/2019
Status Received:- 31/05/2019

Please who is still waiting contact your MP this will speed things up for you ! If you keep waiting without further actions your application will not move as fast as it should be. My application stayed at the same stage for 45 days until I contacted my MP and within two weeks I received my decision.

May i ask what did you wrote in the letter to your MP??

gigtom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gigtom » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:12 am

My Timeline:
Married Oct 2012 to Eu spouse
Separated May 2018 ( No Divorce)
28.02.2018: Resident Card Expiry
01.05.2019: EU settlement scheme Application
16.05.2019: Biometrics Taken
16.05.2019: COA Issued
03.06.2019: Settled Status Granted 18 Days after COA
No home office contact after Application.
Really surprised at speed, maybe ex already applied ??, who knows

Docs Submitted: Marriage Cert, Copy of Eu National iD ( found by accident on computer taken in 2014) Council Tax Letter indicating we had lived together for over 5 years (had to speak to council tax team to produce letter)

Good Luck guys, you're all next.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:09 am

@gigtom Congrats.

Couple of questions this will help many please!

Did u apply with passport?
After your RC expired did u apply for PR?
Any covering letter? If you can paste a draft here after deleting personal data.

Hope to hear from you soon.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

gigtom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gigtom » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:59 am

Yes I applied with passport as I did not have a BRC
I applied for PR 3 times got rejected on each occasion
for PR application I included an extensive cover letter explaining my circumstance and all the attempts I had made to contact ex to get relevant Docs and her ID
for settlement application no cover letter sent just attachment of the docs I mentioned
Hope this helps

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:56 am

@gigtom

You mentioned you had included an extensive covering letter and later you said no covering letter. Can you advised?

Also i would like to mention one thing here, my PR refused, ILR 10 year refused, First tribunal on basis of 10 year refused, then i changed solicitor he reopened my PR appeal which was with drawn when i applied for 10 year ILR. It was refused again and now my upper tribunal is in process.

My RC expired in June 2016 and since then i am fighting for my PR or ILR. I am over 21 family member of EU national dad. Still living together since he moved to UK in 2010. And his Settle status granted on 9th May 2019, took only 7 days to process.

Thats why I was asking what did u mention in your covering letter? Please if you can paste here after deleting personal data.

Many thanks
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:01 am

@gigtom

Also my all 3 passports are with HO. My passport expired already so I applied for new one for which I am waiting to receive by 12 June then I will apply for Settle status application.

gigtom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gigtom » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 am

I included a cover letter for my PR application. The reason for writing a cover letter is to explain why you cannot get hold of certain documents that are required for the application and to further give home office information that they would otherwise not have. Despite the cover letter my application was still refused

For my Settlement Status application i did not need to include a cover letter.

its strange that the home office has decided to hold on to your passport/passports?. You need to speak to them about this and get a clear answer as to their reasons

My suggestion will be to wait until you get your passport which is a basic requirement you will need to apply for the settlement scheme. The settlement scheme does not require a lot of documentary evidence like PR application as most of the checks are done by home office.If you have been working in the last 5 years you should be fine or if you can link your dads application to yours when you apply even better.

i hope this helps

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Post by zoeleong » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am

zoeleong wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 pm
Am a Permanent Residence Holder

Biometric done : 29th April 9am
COA received by email : 29th April 11:33 am ( surprisingly fast )
Settled status : pending
Biometric card : pending

Quick question : Do I need the biometric card for travelling?
Update
Settled status confirmed via email : 31st May 2019
Biometric card will be received within 7 working days.

Good luck everyone!

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:56 am

Hi everyone.

I also received my pre-settled status yesterday (after ~2 month waiting).

My timeline:

My background: Was on Tier4 visa before applying. 8 years in the country total. Got married a year ago. My husband applied and received his settled status in the trial phase.
Applied: 30th of March. Used passport as my ID (did not mention/scan/submit my Tier 4 BRP at any point). The system told me I am eligible for the pre-settled status, but I thought to provide evidence that I has been in the country for more than 5 years. Here I made a mistake, since I must have been married for more than 5 years to be eligible for one. The system also asked me to submit my biometrics. I did not post any documents anywhere.
Biometrics: 4th of April
COA: 5th of April

Then numerous calls back and forth with no success

Important call 1 : called on the 24 of April and I was told that my application has been downgraded from settled to pre-settled status . They confirmed that I must have been married for 5 years to qualify for the settled status. Since it is not the case, I can only receive pre-settled status
Important call 2: On the 5th of may called again and EU resolution centre offered me to escalated my my case since i waited for a month already.

Called a week after the escalation and I was told that now I got assigned a caseworker and I have to wait to receive a decision

Application outcome: Got an email at 5:30pm on the 3rd of June saying that I got my pre-settled status

Now waiting for my BRC card ( to arrive in 7 days hopefully).

Good luck everyone who is still waiting and congratulations to those who received it!

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:00 am

Hi everyone.

I also received my pre-settled status yesterday (after ~2 month waiting).

My timeline:

My background: Was on Tier4 visa before applying. 8 years in the country total. Got married a year ago. My husband applied and received his settled status in the trial phase.
Applied: 30th of March. Used passport as my ID (did not mention/scan/submit my Tier 4 BRP at any point). The system told me I am eligible for the pre-settled status, but I thought to provide evidence that I have been in the country for more than 5 years. Here I made a mistake, since I must have been married for more than 5 years to be eligible for one. The system also asked me to submit my biometrics. I did not post any documents anywhere.
Biometrics: 4th of April
COA: 5th of April

Then numerous calls back and forth with no success

Important call 1 : called on the 24 of April and I was told that my application has been downgraded from settled to pre-settled status . They confirmed that I must have been married for 5 years to qualify for the settled status. Since it is not the case, I can only receive pre-settled status
Important call 2: On the 5th of may called again and EU resolution centre offered me to escalated my my case since i waited for a month already.

Called a week after the escalation and I was told that now a caseworker was assigned to my case and I have to wait to receive a decision

Application outcome: Got an email at 5:30pm on the 3rd of June saying that I got my pre-settled status

Now waiting for my BRC card ( to arrive in 7 days hopefully).

Good luck everyone who is still waiting and congratulations to those who received it!

pankispankis
Newly Registered

Post by pankispankis » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 am

krishxe wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 pm
pankispankis wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:46 pm
My timeline:
Applied online - 25th May
Biometric enrolment appointment - 28th May
COA - 3rd June
Status outcome: 3rd June

I was on a tier 2 visa and I applied with my passport for pre-settled status as a spouse of the EU person who has been granted settled status. We recently got married and I've provided a marriage certificate along with proof of relationship over the last 2 years (shared address: leases, shared bank account etc.)
when did you get married ?
A week before I submitted the application

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am

@gigtom

Many thanks for the clarification.

Yeah thats exactly what i will do after receiving my passport to apply. And i will definitely link my application to my dad one.

My RC was from 2011 to 2016. I worked full time from 2011 to 2017 July then they stopped my right to work.

The reason of refusal (all the time) was mainly that I was earning more than my dad on which I am dependent.

So hopefully I will get it this time.

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:09 pm

My non-eu wife has received her PSS status can she travel with me from uk to Amsterdam for a few days holiday?

Also we live in Northern Ireland and i'm an Irish citizen would she be able to travel by road with me to Dublin Airport in the Republic to fly from there as flights are more convenient?

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Hello,

I have received my BRC today. I think we will need to apply for Schengen visa from now on. Cause the new BRC doesn't mention that we Non-EU family member. I have attached a photo of my BRC for all who are wondering how does the new BRC look like.
Attachments
20190604_172616.jpg
20190604_172616.jpg (142.5 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
20190604_172556.jpg
20190604_172556.jpg (179.9 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Good news from everyone !!!

I called 3 times so far and they told don’t call because your application is in the Que and there is nothing we can do

It’s 1 month already
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

krishxe
Newly Registered

Post by krishxe » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:49 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:24 pm

I called 3 times so far and they told don’t call because your application is in the Que and there is nothing we can do

It’s 1 month already
Really ??

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Please everyone when you post about the outcome or time frame mention for how long you have been married and for how long you have had BRC

I am None EU married to EU since August 2015
Applied for EU settled S. on 07/03/2019
Got COA same day and called 4 times nothing yet.
One time they told me they are confused which status to give me.
I have BRC since Dec 2016 and I live with my wife since Nov 2014
Wife EU got already Settled S in March.
So this week it’s been 3 months for me waiting.
Last edited by Adamco1 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:59 pm

Please everyone when you post about the outcome or time frame mention for how long you have been married and for how long you have had BRC

Wife EU got already setlled S. in March.

gigtom
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gigtom » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:36 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:29 pm
Hello,

I have received my BRC today. I think we will need to apply for Schengen visa from now on. Cause the new BRC doesn't mention that we Non-EU family member. I have attached a photo of my BRC for all who are wondering how does the new BRC look like.
Thanks for that. I've wondered what it looked like :)

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:31 am

krishxe wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:49 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:

It’s 1 month already
Really ??

They told me " since your last call 15 days ago your file still in the que to be allocated to a caseworker . Calling again and again won't help so Don't call if there is anything we need we will email or call you "

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 am

Adamco1 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Wife EU got already Settled S in March.

Technically you won't get settled status because you are married in august . Now either they will keep your application on Hold till august / call you and give pre settled status / if you are very lucky they may offer you settled status but it's very unlikely ..

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:55 am

amralialla100216 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:29 pm
Hello,

Hi. Congratulations on your status and card :D

Could you please tell me if you had to sign for you card delivery? I saw someone replied to you recently that it is a signed for delivery. But I also remember that someone (long ago in the thread) said that the card was just put in their mailbox (with no signature)

Jamiemi
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Jamiemi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:56 am

askmeplz82 wrote:

It’s 1 month already
Mine has been 9 weeks - haven’t even been invited to do biometrics yet, only sent in and received back my passport and BRP. I’ve been calling them almost every week for the past month and they never said ‘don’t call’ but equally none of the calls felt particularly helpful... just the whole in the queue thing