ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Obsrv. ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Richiegreshan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Obsrv. ILR

Post by Richiegreshan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Hello,
Please anyone could help me by explaining what does my visa stamp means:
Type: Leave to Enter
Obsrv: Settlement indefinite leave to remain

I want to know whether I have got ILR or do I need to apply for ILR because my visa on my passport valid only for 33 months. And what does "Obsrv" mean on visa stamp?

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Obsrv. ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:55 am

You are given 'Indefinite leave to enter'. It is an entry clearance visa sticker which also means you are admitted to the UK as having ILR upon entry. Obsrv is short form for 'observation'. However remember for working/studying in the UK you need get a BRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 am

Are you a child or an dependent adult?

The visa type and observation are inconsistent. The type is correct. Therefore, observation should have “Leave to Enter”, rather than “Leave to Remain”

However, the 33 months visa validity is normally associated with limited leave to enter for a partner and may conflict with the “indefinite” period in the observation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:48 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Richiegreshan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Richiegreshan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:29 am

Thank you everyone
May be i got this type of visa because my dad is a British citizen.
And if i got ILR on arrival does this mean that i am eligible to apply for British citizen after one year?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:20 am

When (month/year) and where were you born? Was your father a British citizen at the time of your birth? If he was, was he married to your mother at the time of your birth?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:30 am

What’s the immigration status of your mother?