ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ellyell

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by ellyell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:48 am

mufc69 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 am
johnlk wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 am
ellyell wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am
I think it would be good idea to try to reach one of the major newspapers at this point. That seems to be only way to get a response from HO. (or to start a change.org campain?/parliament petition and get it heard - any ideas?)
I would agree, bring it to the attention of the masses, and rightfully embarrass all those involved. With the Windrush scandal so fresh in everyone's minds this should make a good story for someone.

I'm not sure which one would be the best to contact though.
There does seem to be a second class tier on how non EU citizens are treated, what i find very unusual about this process is that they have not sent out certificate of application, there is no excuse after 1 month they have not issued COA along with returning peoples documents . When you phone them no one can give you an answer and there is no updates whatsoever the whole process has been a sham from the very beginning from when non EU citizens had been excluded from the online process. If anyone receives any information about the Surinder Singh paper applications please let us all know.
Actually this seems to be only for Non-Eu family members of British citizens.
Non-Eu family members of EU citizens are able to apply online and process seems to be fairly quick for them (for straight forward applications)

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 am

JAMAA wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 am
Dear all
for the people already submitted the papers application Form for Settled Status (ILR) on SURINDER SINGH ROUTER:
What documents did you sent with the application please give any feed back will be appreciated briefly. like:

passports - proof of living 5 years in the UK - proof of living together - proof of exercise treaty (employment) etc

thanks for help
if you go back and check earlier posts, someone shared the link to copy of the paper application form.
There you will see all you need to submit with the application, hope that helps

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 am

ellyell wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:48 am
mufc69 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 am
johnlk wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 am
ellyell wrote:
I think it would be good idea to try to reach one of the major newspapers at this point. That seems to be only way to get a response from HO. (or to start a change.org campain?/parliament petition and get it heard - any ideas?)
I would agree, bring it to the attention of the masses, and rightfully embarrass all those involved. With the Windrush scandal so fresh in everyone's minds this should make a good story for someone.

I'm not sure which one would be the best to contact though.
There does seem to be a second class tier on how non EU citizens are treated, what i find very unusual about this process is that they have not sent out certificate of application, there is no excuse after 1 month they have not issued COA along with returning peoples documents . When you phone them no one can give you an answer and there is no updates whatsoever the whole process has been a sham from the very beginning from when non EU citizens had been excluded from the online process. If anyone receives any information about the Surinder Singh paper applications please let us all know.
Actually this seems to be only for Non-Eu family members of British citizens.
Non-Eu family members of EU citizens are able to apply online and process seems to be fairly quick for them (for straight forward applications)
Sorry my correction, you are absolutely right.

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Post by Anamkhan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:15 pm

Spoke to resolution centre today.
They said they will be sending out letters requesting biometrics sometime this week. Once they have received biometrics , caseworkers will look at the applications and the process of returning documents will begin .

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Anamkhan wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:15 pm
They said they will be sending out letters requesting biometrics sometime this week. Once they have received biometrics , caseworkers will look at the applications and the process of returning documents will begin .
I will try to call and see if I get the same response.
Still no feedback how long it will take to make a decision?

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:56 pm

ellyell wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:28 pm
Anamkhan wrote:
Just to update everyone, I called the EU resolution team and they told me my wife’s Surinder Singh paper applicatio‭n is being processed and she will soon receive a letter in the post with information regarding the biometrics. So hopefully everyone gets their status soon.

markgbr
Newly Registered

Post by markgbr » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:08 pm

I just love it how the information they give us is always so vague and if they give us specifics it usually turns out to be inaccurate. When I requested the application form, I was told I would get it within 5 days, then I was told another 10 days, then another 10 days and eventually it arrived 28 days after the initial request. I hope what people have been told about biometrics letters is accurate this time! and if it is, it would still be good to know why it seems that our category of applicants has been treated so badly compared to others. Good luck to everyone.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:06 am

Anamkhan wrote:
Well they have to return the documents for biometrics appointment, we will need our passports for that.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:09 am

markgbr wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:08 pm
I just love it how the information they give us is always so vague and if they give us specifics it usually turns out to be inaccurate. When I requested the application form, I was told I would get it within 5 days, then I was told another 10 days, then another 10 days and eventually it arrived 28 days after the initial request. I hope what people have been told about biometrics letters is accurate this time! and if it is, it would still be good to know why it seems that our category of applicants has been treated so badly compared to others. Good luck to everyone.
I exactly experienced the same with the application form. First they said i will receive it in 3 days then another 10 days, then another 10 days. Each time I called resolution centre, I got different feedback. That is why I gave up calling them because I never get an accurate information.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:05 pm

mufc69 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:56 pm
ellyell wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:28 pm
Anamkhan wrote:
Just to update everyone, I called the EU resolution team and they told me my wife’s Surinder Singh paper applicatio‭n is being processed and she will soon receive a letter in the post with information regarding the biometrics. So hopefully everyone gets their status soon.
Just called the resolution centre, and the person I talked to said he cannot advise anything because paper applications are not in the system. Then I asked to speak to a manager and all manager said was my application has been assigned to a caseworker and no further details. She said they cannot advise deadline, even no information about what next step would be. Nothing about biometrics letters will start to be sent this week.

So here we are again, inconsistent information.

masoud62

Post by masoud62 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:08 pm

I called them yesterday and I was told there is no way for them to check the status of my application because is not in the system yet.
And they dont know when or how the application will be processed.

markgbr
Newly Registered

Post by markgbr » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Anyone that wishes to, please make a complaint directly with Sajid Javid's office:

privateoffice.external@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

doury

Post by doury » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Does anyone get accept under the settlement scheme

doury

Post by doury » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:26 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:36 pm
My friend applied Paper Based application ( Derivative residence ) on 15th and She received COA after 10 days

So don't why Surinder Singh is taking longer. Both are paper based application
What is on the coa did it say have right to work while application is in process

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:18 pm

This is what it look like
Attachments
DBC78ED4-7B94-42DC-9162-D2B3C0F6D6AF.jpeg
DBC78ED4-7B94-42DC-9162-D2B3C0F6D6AF.jpeg (358.36 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Just called EU resolution and they can’t give me a straight answer on what’s happening, it’s all arse about face, what a mess of a system, so after 1 month nobody can give any update on the progress of our application. Was told on Monday and today told something else, I wouldn’t believe a word they say.

sid7867
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sid7867 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 am

ellyell wrote:
johnlk wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:46 am
I'll ask again as no-one has posted a reply:
Has anyone made a complaint, and have they received any kind of response yet?

If so, which is the best place to complain: UKVI, a national newspaper or an MP?
I suspect the best results would be to an MP, but mine is a Tory so I suspect little help as he would try to contain yet another embarrassment to his party.
I had sent a complaint (HO complaint email which is on their web site) around mid April regarding not having paper form ready when scheme was fully open. No response at all.

I met my MP 10 days ago, she said she will try her best but so far I could not get any feedback from her. I am sure it takes ages to get any sort of feedback from HO.

I totally agree! We should get heard that's the only way HO will give some answers to reporters.

I think each person concerned who has made an paper application is only looking for COA to put their mind at ease that things are heading in the right direction.

It's the no update phase plus immature information from HO that's getting us worried. I think we all should contact the news with some screenshots of our messages on here just to give the reporter an idea of how so many people are in the same boat.

everyone should give their name or username to the person contacting the news with also a brief history of how many times they contacted HO and what they got in response. They can mess us around individually and not give an correct answer.

The answer they give to a group has to be a solid non changing statement.

Bamtexltd
Newly Registered

Post by Bamtexltd » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi all,
i got my application form Wednesday as a father of a British citizen and i rang the EU resolution centre today to confirm which documents i will need to submit with my application, but i was told that anyone that has leave to remain have no longer eligible for this scheme anymore. When i ask them why do you think i'm not eligible again, since you confirm it to me on phone, the lady said the law has been change today. She said anyone with 2.5 leave to remain under the UK immigration can't be eligible for EU settlement because a lot of people has been requesting for the form.

Can anyone confirm this to me, because i'm confused now. Can i still fill the form and send it to them or not?

johnlk

Post by johnlk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:46 am

I wrote to agency weblink removed by moderator a few days ago as they claim to offer the story to any paper/mag interested.
I'm starting to think they expect a "aliens ate my hamster" type story so probably the wrong place to write.
Anyway, no response so far.

I didn't bother making an official complaint to UKVI as it shows such a long waiting time before they need to reply. I can't see this doing much too, so I've just written to my MP explaining our personal situation, and the fact there are multiple other cases nationwide.

I mentioned the forum and how it's my main source of info and updates for our application, and ended the email stating "in light of the recent Windrush scandal....".
I figured I needed to add this as he is a Tory, and may not have cared too much otherwise.

I'll update here if/when I get a response, and I encourage others to do the same.

markgbr
Newly Registered

Post by markgbr » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:47 pm

I called the EU Resolution Centre AGAIN on 5th June. I got the standard answer again, application is in progress and we can't tell you anything else. After a bit of shouting and telling the officer that the Home Office's actions bordered on misconduct in public office, she disappeared for a couple of minutes then told me that they will start sending out letters to Surinder Singh applicants in the next 1.5 weeks. She also said that they would be sent out in batches. I then asked her whether my wife had to give biometrics again as she had already provided them recently - to this, she disappeared again and then said no and that my wife would receive a letter on the next steps. I WILL NOW HOLD MY BREATH and wait to see if any of this information turns out to be true.

I pity the call handlers because they are just telling us what they are being told, but someone needs to be held accountable for this farce.

In relation to complaints, I have made one to Sajid Javid's Office, one through the Home Office complaints procedure and contacted my MP. I will update when I get anything back, but this is a slow process. I have also contacted a journalist at the Guardian who recently ran an article about someone with status under the EU Settlement Scheme who wasn't allowed on the plane by British Airways - I will let you know if she is interested in publishing anything about Surinder Singh applicants issues. I have also put in a Freedom of Information Request to find out the actual number of Surinder Singh paper applications that have been made, to see if the information they have been giving us is indeed true or a bunch of lies.

Wishful thinking, but I hope everyone gets their status within the next few weeks.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:16 am

markgbr wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 pm
Anyone that wishes to, please make a complaint directly with Sajid Javid's office:

privateoffice.external@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I have done this last week, and also sent another email to HO complaints email again. Not hopeful but let us see

doury

Post by doury » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 am

I have requested a paper application under Surinder Singh on the 10th of April for my wife I am a British citizens and we had 2 British children we use to live in Germany but they sent me the Zambrano application form after I called them told them that they sent me the wrong application they apologised and say they will send me the Surinder Singh application but they resend the Zambrano application again been chasing them since April for Surinder Singh application will contact the media and my MP too

markgbr
Newly Registered

Post by markgbr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Timeline so far.

First contact made to request form: 30th March (Details given 31st March after callback)
Application form received: 26th April
Application form completed and returned: 26th April (Special Delivery)
Application form received by Home Office: 29th April
Biometrics letter received: 11th June (Letter dated 5th June) including return of passports and previous residence cards - other documents not yet returned.

I hope others receive their letters soon.

Although I was previously advised that my wife did not have to give biometrics again, the letter states that she does.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:50 pm

markgbr wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm
Timeline so far.

First contact made to request form: 30th March (Details given 31st March after callback)
Application form received: 26th April
Application form completed and returned: 26th April (Special Delivery)
Application form received by Home Office: 29th April
Biometrics letter received: 11th June (Letter dated 5th June) including return of passports and previous residence cards - other documents not yet returned.

I hope others receive their letters soon.

Although I was previously advised that my wife did not have to give biometrics again, the letter states that she does.
Great to see that our applications have finally started to move forward.
My application was received on 1st of May by HO, hopefully I will receive mine this week, fingers crossed

kiwigoldilox
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by kiwigoldilox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi markgbr,

Congrats on getting your biometrics invitation letter! Was your wife's UK RC in-date or expired? And was it an old fashioned non-biometric vignette in the passport or was it a credit card style one with biometrics?