ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP PLS:

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mufc69

URGENT HELP PLS:

Post by mufc69 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:21 am

My wife has received her Irish citizenship approval letter and it is requesting for the citizenship fee to be paid in a bank draft using an Irish bank, the problem is we live in Northern Ireland and we don’t have an account in the south of Ireland, how can we pay the fee? My wife’s bank Ulster bank do not provide the service in euro and either does the Bank of Ireland. I have tried to call the citizenship helpline and is useless as always you can’t get through to anyone.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: URGENT HELP PLS:

Post by Finepaddy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Simply just make a international bank draft equal to fee amount and that will work.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:09 pm
Simply just make a international bank draft equal to fee amount and that will work.
Thanks for your reply, used First Trust which is AIB in the south 👍🏻

Raja Masood Iqbal
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Raja Masood Iqbal » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:11 am

Hi,
I applied for my family citizenship based on 3 years residency as me an irish citizen who applied for his spouse and 3 kids. I sent all documents together assuming it as a family application to one address and they received it on the 9/02/2019 as stated an post. Now it has been 16 weeks and no sign of my children's original passports although I only got my wife's passport 8 weeks ago. I tried ringing 1000 times,wrote emails and letters but still no response now my family is planning to go on holidays but kids need their passports ASAP in order to do so. I would appreciate any advice as I am really stressed following this situation

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Raja Masood Iqbal wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:11 am
Hi,
I applied for my family citizenship based on 3 years residency as me an irish citizen who applied for his spouse and 3 kids. I sent all documents together assuming it as a family application to one address and they received it on the 9/02/2019 as stated an post. Now it has been 16 weeks and no sign of my children's original passports although I only got my wife's passport 8 weeks ago. I tried ringing 1000 times,wrote emails and letters but still no response now my family is planning to go on holidays but kids need their passports ASAP in order to do so. I would appreciate any advice as I am really stressed following this situation
Dear Masood
I applied for my child in first week of May and not get any response. Then I send email with subject "Urgent" and I get below reponse. I am still waiting to get back the child passport.When I applied in 2017, they return passports within 2-3 weeks

Dear xyz

I can confirm that your application was received by this Department on
07/05/2019. Once your child's application has been initially assessed you
will receive an acknowledgement letter and application reference number.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 3

Raja Masood Iqbal
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Raja Masood Iqbal » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:09 pm

Yeah i emailed them with URGENT in the title of my email but they keep ignoring me and its been sixteen weeks i have not yet recieved a single word from them myself about the applications. It is very frustrating since there is no way of getting any response :x

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:13 pm

It has been mentioned a few times now on this forum. To make an official request you need to write a letter to them. Emails are sent to their customer service agents, which do not get to your caseworker directly. Some agents may pass it onto your caseworker but others may not. Also you will need to provide the AnPost tracking number as you don’t have an application number yet.

Raja Masood Iqbal
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Raja Masood Iqbal » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:52 am

True but i have sent a letter with all details but got no response not even any acknowledgement this whole citizenship division in tipperary are not helpfull at all. Who keeps somebody original passports for 17 weeks and does not respond when contacted :(