ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying to EU settlement scheme with criminal conviction

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lotte89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Applying to EU settlement scheme with criminal conviction

Post by lotte89 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi to all,

just wonder if there is anyone who applied for settled status with previous conviction and what the result was? I have a friend who had a criminal record from around 15 yrs ago (think it was possession of class B with intent to distribute ...he did not get prison sentence only community one, I believe). However, about 20+ years ago he was jailed in another EU country for extortion. He's been in UK for over 20 years most of it working and have 2 kids born here. We recently did submitted EU settlement scheme applications: mine came back with confirmation I was granted settled status pretty much next working day, his (although saying he will be considered for settled status) did not come back just yet. Is there is reason to worry? Thanks a lot for an advice.

kamoe

Re: Applying to EU settlement scheme with criminal conviction

Post by kamoe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:48 pm

You are actually asking two questions in one, and they are compleely different and unrelated.

1) Can one get granted Settled Status with a criminal conviction? Answer is yes. See this post.

2) Should one worry because one has not received confirmation of their status within 24 hours? Answer is no. See this post with plenty of examples of (much) longer waiting times.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

lotte89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Re: Applying to EU settlement scheme with criminal conviction

Post by lotte89 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks for that.