ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days documents requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

a_sid02
Newly Registered

spouse visa applying on behalf of my wife

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 pm

I have been filling up the online application form on behalf of my wife who lives in Islamabad, Pakistan, and I have a few questions.
  • There's a question which says "Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?", Would me applying on her behalf affect this question? I have currently selected this as "No"
  • As I am applying on behalf of her, would I send all the documents myself?
  • On gov.uk, it says that I can use Super Priority service if applying from the UK? Does me applying on her behalf count as applying from UK?
Any help really appreciated :)

Casa

Re: spouse visa applying on behalf of my wife

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:29 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 pm
I have been filling up the online application form on behalf of my wife who lives in Islamabad, Pakistan, and I have a few questions.
  • There's a question which says "Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?", Would me applying on her behalf affect this question? I have currently selected this as "No" The questions apply to your wife as the applicant. The answer should be 'Yes'
  • As I am applying on behalf of her, would I send all the documents myself? You can't apply on her behalf.
  • On gov.uk, it says that I can use Super Priority service if applying from the UK? Does me applying on her behalf count as applying from UK? No. See my comment above.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:31 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
  • There's a question which says "Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?", Would me applying on her behalf affect this question? I have currently selected this as "No"
  • On gov.uk, it says that I can use Super Priority service if applying from the UK? Does me applying on her behalf count as applying from UK?
1. yes
2. yes you can send documents.
3. no. priority service can be bought. Also check members timeline here:
immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... -1000.html
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:29 pm
a_sid02 wrote:
  • There's a question which says "Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?", Would me applying on her behalf affect this question? I have currently selected this as "No" The questions apply to your wife as the applicant. The answer should be 'Yes'
  • As I am applying on behalf of her, would I send all the documents myself? You can't apply on her behalf.
  • On gov.uk, it says that I can use Super Priority service if applying from the UK? Does me applying on her behalf count as applying from UK? No. See my comment above.
Ok thanks, interesting. What is the purpose of the option of applying for someone's behalf on visa4uk website if I cannot apply on her behalf?

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:31 pm
a_sid02 wrote:
1. yes
2. yes you can send documents.
3. no. priority service can be bought. Also check members timeline here:
immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... -1000.html
I see, thanks. Interesting, some of your answers are contradicting to the poster above. For the first question, should I select Yes or No?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:39 pm
Casa wrote:
a_sid02 wrote:
Ok thanks, interesting. What is the purpose of the option of applying for someone's behalf on visa4uk website if I cannot apply on her behalf?
You can fill up application, pay application fee & IHS fee and send documents on her behalf. Only she need to appear in biometrics appointment for enrolling her biometrics and depositing her passport. Is that clear/?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm
a_sid02 wrote:
Casa wrote:
a_sid02 wrote:

You can fill up application, pay application fee & IHS fee and send documents on her behalf. Only she need to appear in biometrics appointment for enrolling her biometrics and depositing her passport. Is that clear/?
Perfect thanks. When I pay for the application fee, would I have the option of selecting for Priority service?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:26 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:46 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm
a_sid02 wrote:
Casa wrote:

Perfect thanks. When I pay for the application fee, would I have the option of selecting for Priority service?
Yes you might get that option otherwise your partner can buy that service when enrolling her biometrics.

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application through Gov.uk English language requirements are confusing

Post by a_sid02 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi All,

It looks like now there is a direct online application from gov.uk that replaces Visa4UK, and combines the Appendix 2 form in it too. That's great, however the English language requirements are now confusing.

My wife did UKVI Academic first, as I thought that would cover all the requirements, however after reading on these forums some people's application was refused as IELTS Life Skills A1 was required instead. So, she did Life Skills A1 too just to be safe.

Now, this new application form asks a question whether the english level achieved is equivalent to or higher than CEFR B1. If you select Yes, then it asks for certificate number but if you select No, it does not even ask for an IELTS certificate in the list of required documents. Instead it asks for NARIC certificate for her degree :?

This is really frustrating and confusing, should I just bun this new form and continue the application on Visa4UK?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa application through Gov.uk English language requirements are confusing

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:11 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:56 pm
, should I just bun this new form and continue the application on Visa4UK?
Yes if spouse visa still can be applied there

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Spouse visa next steps

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:34 am

Hi All,

I have just paid for my wife's visa and IHS via Visa4UK. Her biometrics appointment is also booked for the end of June. I am a bit confused about the next steps.

I am planning to send all the documents via VFS centre here in the UK. Does my wife need to provide anything at her Biometrics appointment (what happens to her passport?). Can I be proactive and send all the supporting documents before her biometrics appointment?

If I want to pay for priority service, is that supposed to be done at her biometrics appointment, and is it worth the extra cost, as I have read some of the timelines and priority and standard services both seem to have similar processing times.

Also, is there any link where there is a checklist of all the documents I need to send?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa next steps

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:42 am

Yes you can send all of your supporting documents through VFS scanning service in UK and in some countries the same is also offered when applicant is enrolling its biometrics. Usually paying priority fee is well worth for straight forward cases.

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:06 am

Ok thanks. So, would it be okay if she should sends all her documents to me (even her passport?) and I will post everything from the UK before her biometrics appointment takes place?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:26 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:06 am
Ok thanks. So, would it be okay if she should sends all her documents to me (even her passport?) and I will post everything from the UK before her biometrics appointment takes place?
She will have to deposit her passport during biometrics and you can only be able to send documents after biometrics.

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Messages print out for spouse visa

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:20 pm

Our chat logs for whatsapp/imessage are 900 pages long. Surely we do not need to send everything to prove our relationship subsistence. Should I cut the messages down, or send it all?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Messages print out for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:38 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:20 pm
Our chat logs for whatsapp/imessage are 900 pages long. Surely we do not need to send everything to prove our relationship subsistence. Should I cut the messages down, or send it all?

Thanks
Best is to take their screen shots and then with some picture frame software which can easily be downloadable from google drive/apple store fits 4-6 screen shots per page.

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:28 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:06 am
Hi

Can I just check as you have applied the same way as me on the gov site, when you went on the vfs global website to book the biometrics, does it state there type of visa Appendix FM Partner under visa type? or does it say settlement?

Would really appreciate if you can reply soon, thanks

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Nope, did not apply on the gov site. Whoever designed it had a bit of a brainfart.

It asks you if you have a degree taught in English, and if you say Yes, it does not let you give IELTs as evidence, and instead asks for UK Naric certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:15 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 pm
Nope, did not apply on the gov site. Whoever designed it had a bit of a brainfart.

It asks you if you have a degree taught in English, and if you say Yes, it does not let you give IELTs as evidence, and instead asks for UK Naric certificate.
Ho don't care if you have a degree or not. The question in the form is ONLY regarding meeting the English requirement so if using IELTS, you should tick no to the degree question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:20 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I chose No to that question you are refering to as from what I recall it asks if you have B1 or higher,
Initially if you meet the requirement I think that is Yes then it asks the B1 bit after I clicked NO carried on with app..

So did you apply through visa4uk?

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Post by a_sid02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Yeah, but then you will be lying on the application form, and I did not want to take any risks.

Yeah applied through visa4uk.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:00 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 pm
Yeah, but then you will be lying on the application form, and I did not want to take any risks.

Oh please, it is not lying. Ho only wants to know this question if you are using a degree to meet the English requirement, for no other reason at all. They really don't care if you are degree qualified or not for general purposes!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:02 pm

a_sid02 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi I also applied through visa4uk.

My partner lives in Afghanistan but we have to apply and complete biometrics in Pakistan Islamabad. The question where it's asking are you a national of the country you are applying from? I have selected no. I have then mentioned this is because the gov website suggests all afghanistan applications need to be completed through Pakistan and that I've applied for a visitor visa. Is this correct?

Also,did you use vfs or post docs to Sheffield?
Thanks

a_sid02
Newly Registered

28 days documents requirement

Post by a_sid02 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:29 am

Hi All,

I just want to confirm what the rule is for the age of supporting documents.

Are the 28 days in reference to biometrics appointment or the date the application was submitted?

Thanks

a_sid02
Newly Registered

Post by a_sid02 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:30 am

I am going to use vfs scanning service in london to submit my docs