ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can armed forces member apply for his step child?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naija99
Member of Standing

Can armed forces member apply for his step child?

Post by naija99 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am

Good morning forum
Can any of the gurus please confirm whether a member of armed forces can apply for his step children's settlement visas.

He is a British citizen and a member of the armed forces. He applied for his wife and she was given 5 years leave to enter as a spouse of a member of armed forces in June 2016 until June 2021.

Can they both now jointly apply for settlement visas for her two children whom she has sole responsibility for?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can armed forces member apply for his step child?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:21 am

Where are the children other parent?

Who is this query for? Why can't these people you are asking for register and ask their own questions?? Or are you advising people and charging a fee given the wide range of category questions you ask on the forum?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:00 am

The childrens other parent, the father - is in their home country but they do not live with him.
The query is for a community member who does not speak good English, most people I help do not have even money for food to eat let alone a computer to register and ask questions, hence me assisting. I am not charging anyone anything for my assistance.

Can you advise?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am

Is the father named on their birth certificate?

Were the children born while the parents were married and if yes, what were the custody award for the children?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:45 am

Thanks CR001

The parents were never married but the father is named on the birth certificate.
Since they separated he does not play a role
The home country is Ghana

The armed forces state a member can apply for their children but makes no mention of step children hence my question.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Can anyone please advise?
Can a member of armed forces apply for step-children's settlement visa or is it only biological children?