ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my Thai spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DAVIDTAS19
Newly Registered

Visa for my Thai spouse

Post by DAVIDTAS19 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi, I’m looking for some clarity and hope someone here can help.
We are recently married, I’m uk citizen and my wife is Thai we want to get spouse visa so she can join me in the uk.
I’m looking for a step by step guide re the application. The Gov.uk web site has a lot of information but I can’t find a step by step guide to assist in our application.
Hope someone who has recently been through the process can help.
Cheers
David

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Visa for my Thai spouse

Post by physicskate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:27 pm

DAVIDTAS19 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:53 pm
Hi, I’m looking for some clarity and hope someone here can help.
We are recently married, I’m uk citizen and my wife is Thai we want to get spouse visa so she can join me in the uk.
I’m looking for a step by step guide re the application. The Gov.uk web site has a lot of information but I can’t find a step by step guide to assist in our application.
Hope someone who has recently been through the process can help.
Cheers
David
I presume your wife is not already living in the UK on a visa.

Your wife must apply from a country where she holds residency (generally citizenship or a visa allowing long term residency - not a visitor visa).

First - you need to do your research as everyone's situation is a little different...
Essentially you need to meet three requirements:
Financial (YOU must meet this, not spouse): https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9drOMpiJpZ
Accommodation
Relationship

Figure out how you can meet the requirememts

Second - apply for your visa.

Simples!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 pm

physicskate wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:27 pm

First - you need to do your research as everyone's situation is a little different...
Sorry for being just a tad terse before... trying to do too many things at once!! Not enough info about your situation to be much more specific either...

So financial. How will you meet the requirements? Employment? Savings? Non-employment income? Self employment?

Accommodation. Do you own or rent?

Relationship. Generally a marriage certificate (translated into English if needbe), two photos (one of the wedding), proof of ongoing communication since your relationship began.

Also a letter from you saying how you meet the three requirements to sponsor your wife and a brief history of the relationship and why you want her to move to the UK. Proof of your UK citizenship.

Wife needs to meet the English requirement. Her passport and a passport photo.

Once she's submitted the application (however that needs to be done from Thailand as all countries are a little different with submission), she will need to give biometrics. But the first and most important thing she (and you) need to do is figure out how you meet the requirements of the visa and prove it. Then you worry about filling in the application (online) and Appendix 2 (which is a paper form).

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 pm

And of course come back with specific questions.

And she may need a TB certificate if Thailand is a TB country, which I do not know if it is or not, but you would want to look out for this.