ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependants RQF level 6

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tonnie
Newly Registered
Kenya

Tier 4 dependants RQF level 6

Post by Tonnie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:47 pm

I got my CAS(undergraduate degree), I'm going for Tier 4 Visa. I do not qualify to bring dependants under Tier 4 category. What's their best route to join me in UK? Kindly give your views

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependants RQF level 6

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Tonnie wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:47 pm
I got my CAS(undergraduate degree), I'm going for Tier 4 Visa. I do not qualify to bring dependants under Tier 4 category. What's their best route to join me in UK?
There is no specific route for that. They would need to be eligible for a study or work visa in their own right. Otherwise, they can come for short visits under the Standard Visitor route.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Tonnie
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Tonnie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 am

Thanks sah10406

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aslamaria » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi,

I have a similar query. I am applying for my partner and two children. In my husband's application, it asks whether he has any dependents that rely on him financially. I am only submitting my statements that have more than sufficient funds for all of our maintenance. If my husband says yes to having dependents, i.e. our kids, who will also be travelling with me; will he need to show his bank statements?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Aslamaria wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:53 pm
If my husband says yes to having dependents, i.e. our kids, who will also be travelling with me; will he need to show his bank statements?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aslamaria » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:45 am

Thanks. Just to clarify, the question actually asks: Does anyone rely on you financially, include those who will or will not be travelling with you. Our kids intend to travel, subject to visa approval. Now when this question popped up, we thought it meant more to do with depending on him financially in the UK and we answered no. Ever since, its been nagging on the back of my head ever since. So, my question really is: should it be yes or no?
Why I am confused is if at any point my husband, who is my dependent partner is asked to pr9duce proof if he answers it yes has not much to show in his bank statements as he has been actively funding our plan to travel and has been putting money in my account, which will be used to prove that I have funds for my dependents. It'd be very helpful if anyone could advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Aslamaria wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:45 am
So, my question really is: should it be yes or no?
Yes.
Aslamaria wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:45 am
Why I am confused is if at any point my husband, who is my dependent partner is asked to pr9duce proof if he answers it yes
He will not. If he or you are not happy with that answer, he could always add a note in the free text box explaining that he and you have joint financial responsibility for each other and your children, who are also applying, and that the maintenance evidence shows the required money for living costs for the whole family. But I do think it is not at all necessary and that you may be over-thinking it.