ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR old paper version from 1980s

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

evangelista
Newly Registered

ILR old paper version from 1980s

Post by evangelista » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:55 am

Dear All,

Wondering if anyone could shaed some light. My aunt has been in the UK since 1975 and acquired ILR in the early 1980's.

She is now 80 years old and hasn't flown abroad for the last 5 years but I do recall her having some issues when she returned after holiday as she had the old style ILR in paper version (on which the actual document clearly showed its age).

Two questions:

1) Would there be an alternative process to get this transferred into the new style ILR?

2) What are the procedures if she wanted to apply for naturalisation, taking into consideration she has had ILR for over 25 years and is now 80 - I understand that she wouldn't have to forego some of the tests but would this mean she would have to pay the full price of naturalisation now?

I'm sure if she was to go on holiday she would experience more issues upon her return and just wanted to make sure.

Thank you for uyour assistance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR old paper version from 1980s

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 am

1. Apply for a biometric residence card - http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hontl.pdf

2. No requirement for English and LIUK tests. She does have to pay the full price. There are no fee exemptions for citizenship. She will also have to provide evidence of continuous residence for at least the last 5 years, possibly longer, to prove she qualifies. HO would need to be sure her ILR has not lapsed due to absence of 2 or more years. If she opts for citizenship, she does not need to apply for the biometric residence card. She completes form AN online, uploads her documents, attends UKCVAS Sopra centre on the date she books the appointment for to enroll biometrics and then she waits for HO to process the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

evangelista
Newly Registered

Post by evangelista » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 am

Thank you,

Could she go straight for naturalisation even if she only has the paper ILR from the 80s?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:15 am

evangelista wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 am
Thank you,

Could she go straight for naturalisation even if she only has the paper ILR from the 80s?
Yes. And again, she will need to provide a lot of additional evidence to prove she has been resident.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.