ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application - Confused by page 4/ILR Settled Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

British Citizenship - proof of residency (Settled Status already given)

Post by KW12345 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi all,
First of all apologies if this has been answered many times, I have looked through lots of threads and can't seem to find an answer. My position is this....

I am an Irish Citizen, married to a British Citizen and was granted Settled Status in March by using my Council Tax bills as proof of residency. I have now almost completed my online application for Citizenship through Naturalisation and thought I was there. However, I am now in '3.Documents' and can see that I have to prove my residency for the last 3 years and the form states that bills and bank statements are insufficient. I haven't been working for the whole period (the first 9 months of the 3 years). I was self sufficient, not studying and therefore do not seem to have any proof that is suitable.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Kate

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: British Citizenship - proof of residency (Settled Status already given)

Post by hermanthegerman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:22 pm

council tax bills are perfect so use them.

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KW12345 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
As the online application states that bills are insufficient, may I ask if you know from experience that council tax bills on their own are enough proof? (I'm reluctant to submit my application in case they are not and then I lose my fee.)
Thanks again.
Kate

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 pm

KW12345 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:02 pm
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
As the online application states that bills are insufficient, may I ask if you know from experience that council tax bills on their own are enough proof? (I'm reluctant to submit my application in case they are not and then I lose my fee.)
Thanks again.
Kate
Council tax bills or other official documents (HMRC, Child Benefit, State Pension, etc). If you have council tax bills covering the residency period that's fine. If they have any queries you will be contacted - fee is not lost automatically.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KW12345 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:59 am

Thank you for your reply.
As I say, I only have Council Tax bills to cover the full period, no HMRC documentation, or any other Government benefits. Hopefully the bills will be sufficient - I'll probably go ahead and submit the application with my fingers crossed.
Thanks again for taking the time.
Kate

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Applicants only need to provide one type of document (in your case council tax) so you should be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

KW12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Online Application - Confused by page 4/ILR Settled Status

Post by KW12345 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble with the following section of my British Citizenship online application, any help would be much appreciated.

I am answering 'No' to the question of 'Are you an EEA National who has been issued with a permanent residence document', as I don't. If I answer no, I am taken to the 'Do you have ILR section', for which I can put in the date but no reference to the fact I wish to apply through the EU Settlement Scheme. However if I answer Yes, I am given the option to put in my Settled Status and the date.

Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks in advance.