ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Taina
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Taina » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi guys, Ive noticed some people received " You will be contacted within 21 working days” email....is there a way to ask Home Office for this email? I am stressing every day that what if the letter by post goes missing and I will never know what's going on :? :? ...It has been 3 months since I applied, heard nothing, I am EU applicant. I have sent an email to FutherNationalityEnquieries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, asking them to let me know only one simple thing - if any post has been sent to me. All they replied " I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application process"... does this mean no correspondence been posted ? Should I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk instead , or it doesn't matter ? Thank you

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Taina wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:13 pm
Hi guys, Ive noticed some people received " You will be contacted within 21 working days” email....is there a way to ask Home Office for this email? I am stressing every day that what if the letter by post goes missing and I will never know what's going on :? :? ...It has been 3 months since I applied, heard nothing, I am EU applicant. I have sent an email to FutherNationalityEnquieries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, asking them to let me know only one simple thing - if any post has been sent to me. All they replied " I can only comment that your application is ongoing in the application process"... does this mean no correspondence been posted ? Should I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk instead , or it doesn't matter ? Thank you
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice one sent me same reply
nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk i emailed twice and both times i got reply that my representatives were contacted on 29th may but so far i didnt recieve anything is there anyone who got a reply like mine and recieved anything. its been 9 days but nothing recieved

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:50 pm

It’s common to see a 2 week gap between the date on the letter and when you actually receive it.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:17 am

Nerazzuri wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:50 pm
It’s common to see a 2 week gap between the date on the letter and when you actually receive it.
yes i have seen i am sure the post doesnt take 2 weeks to come what could be the reason for this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:15 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:17 am
Nerazzuri wrote:
yes i have seen i am sure the post doesnt take 2 weeks to come what could be the reason for this
Whatever the postal room process is at HO etc and then the second class post it gets sent out as.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:51 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:17 am
Nerazzuri wrote:
Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 days, sometimes it takes 2 weeks or a bit longer. As CR001 suggested, there are internal processes in Home Office on how mail gets sent. It’s not as simple as a caseworker printing mail and walking to the mailbox to send drop it.

Also, they try to avoid you getting a decision letter too many days in advance of when a council gets the naturalisation certificate to avoid people calling the councils too soon. Councils typically get certificates on a Tuesday, but not every Tuesday.

Applicants typically get decision letter on Friday, Saturday or Monday (with a few exceptions).

At the end of the day, there is absolutely nothing you can do. You have to wait 21 days after May 29 before you can chase them (they will ignore you and keep giving you stock answers before that). In all likelihood, you’ll get it long before mid-June. I know it’s frustrating. Many of us have experienced the same frustration. Waiting is all you can do. Just remind yourself that you will probably get it within the next week or two, and you know that if you don’t get it by June 19, you can email them to chase it.

Alexbokkie
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Alexbokkie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi Guys,
I've probably missed this somewhere in all the threads (newbie)

I'm just kicking off the frightening process that is: Naturalisation (ILR for over 15 years)

So as we know, there's a new online - all singing and dancing - form. and Now I see that there's a UKVI/UKVAS type service to go with it!

My questions are as follows:
1) My current Passport doesn't have m visa in it, my expired one does. But I go on holiday in August, and I don't want to have to submit either - otherwise I'm stuck! Do Passports etc. need to physically be submitted?

2) I submit the form online, which is great - and then have to do the two paper referees in support of that and I assume scan everything online and submit it...... so what are UKVS there for, other than for biometrics? Do they submit the biometrics on my behalf to HO?

Apologies in advance for the rant. Panicked brain has taken over.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello guys I applied in April 8 I saw many applications decided in 7 to 8 weeks I contect with home office and they reply me this today.

Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 8th April 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Any can tell me its look like they will response soon or I have to wait longer I'm little bit worried .

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 pm
Hello guys I applied in April 8 I saw many applications decided in 7 to 8 weeks I contect with home office and they reply me this today.

Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 8th April 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Any can tell me its look like they will response soon or I have to wait longer I'm little bit worried .
The question is asked here many times a day. Unless UKVI ask for further info then nothing to worry about.
You cannot compare to other applicants, some take longer than others.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi guys! Please anyone with refugees status + ILR who applied within the last 6 months for naturalisation and received any reply or outcome from the home office. Any update will be highly appreciated. Good luck everyone. God bless! :roll:

Onesie2017
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onesie2017 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:48 am

Scorpio111 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 pm
Hi guys! Please anyone with refugees status + ILR who applied within the last 6 months for naturalisation and received any reply or outcome from the home office. Any update will be highly appreciated. Good luck everyone. God bless! :roll:

I applied with same status on feb 6th. Got the 21days email on Wednesday the 29th of May and still waiting for the response by post as promised. Will post the outcome when it arrives. Fingers crossed it will be good. When did you apply?

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:44 am

Hi! Thanks, I applied on 8 February and my friend applied in Jan but still waiting no reply. :roll:

Beowulf
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Beowulf » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:07 pm

Scorpio111 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 pm
Hi
I applied on 24 January this year, and got my approval decision on 15 March.

Knight4ever
Newly Registered

Post by Knight4ever » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi,

I have made my application for nationalisation using the online method. Do I receive my decision or the approval letter for my application by email or post?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Knight4ever wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:47 pm
Hi,

I have made my application for nationalisation using the online method. Do I receive my decision or the approval letter for my application by email or post?

Regards
By post, second class mail, brown A5 envelope!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi all,
I applied for naturalisation since 14 of February under the refugee status 5 years + 1 year ILR and still waiting.I have got a lot of questions and I am freaking out.
Has anyone got their approval under the same route?
I was reading online and they are people(refugee) that got refused because they entered in Uk illegally.
I came to Uk 27 May 2011 and I had the first appointment as a refugee on 3 of June with a letter from my solicitor.My asylum was successful on 11 October 2012.September 2017 applied for ILR and got approved 13 February 2018.Please if anyone has any information can give me an idea.
Thank you in advance.

Onesie2017
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onesie2017 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:00 pm

KatiSarah wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:02 pm
Hi all,
I applied for naturalisation since 14 of February under the refugee status 5 years + 1 year ILR and still waiting.I have got a lot of questions and I am freaking out.
I was reading online and they are people(refugee) that got refused because they entered in Uk illegally.
I came to Uk 27 May 2011 and I had the first appointment as a refugee on 3 of June with a letter from my solicitor.My asylum was successful on 11 October 2012.September 2017 applied for ILR and got approved 13 February 2018.Please if anyone has any information can give me an idea.
Thank you in advance.
I applied on the 6th feb and biometric 2days after. I was in the UK illegally for 6 weeks before my application for asylum lol, I have a defence and I referred to my case notes in my application should the need arise. I have received an email on the 29th of May that I will receive a response for my naturalisation application within 21 working days and I will be posting the timeline good or bad as soon as I receive the response.
Be patient... hopefully you will hear something soon.

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Thank you for your reply.Lets hope for the good news

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:28 am

KatiSarah wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:02 pm
Hi all,
Thank you in advance.
Hi
Me and my husband applied on 24th jan, my husband is a refugee and I came under family reunion
But no response until now.

Onesie2017
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onesie2017 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:56 am

A new guide for naturalisation as a British citizen by discretion/nationality policy was updated on the 19th of April and is available on the internet but I don’t know how to add links on here. It laid emphasis on discretion to waive immigration breaches from page 26 of the document. This is worth reading for refugees who are worried about a refusal due to immigration breaches whilst seeking asylum.
Also I think but not certain that this is the reason for delays in most of the refugees naturalisation applications because if this update was not done, most applications would definitely be refused on the grounds of past immigration breaches.
I would advise also to just be patient and see what happens in the coming weeks.

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:27 am

Defence for refugees in immigration breach https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf

Onesie2017
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onesie2017 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Finally had to learn how to do it lol

This is the document from April and I hope it helps.

Focus for refugees should be from page 26 upwards

Nationality policy: Naturalisation as a British citizen by discretion

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3.0ext.pdf

KatiSarah
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by KatiSarah » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi everyone,Read this law office to the part refugee and illegal entry.It says that the law has been amended in January 2019 and should not penalise refugees.
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/british ... plication/

Flo1
Newly Registered

Post by Flo1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Hello everybody ,

Does anybody know or have any idea what are the criterias they use in order to approve some people very fast and for others it takes so much longer ... ? :?
I am from EU country, i applied on 28th of March, biometrics on 29th and paid £100.00 for that ... have never left the UK since arrived here, never changed address, never changed job, never claimed any benefits, never been in any problem with police or anything ,have no dependants ... i thought i would be approved with the speed of light ... yet ... here i am ...11 of June ... no sign of the brown envelope :( :( :(

mengo

Post by mengo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:49 am

Hi everyone,

I have applied on 25th February and still haven't heard back. I emailed to Further Nationality Enquiries and was told last week that "application is ongoing" which is a generic response. I also emailed to NationalitySupportTeamFMT last Friday, but they didn't reply at all. Has anyone received quick response from NationalitySupportTeamFMT recently? I was expecting the approval in April and unfortunately there is no sign of any progress which is really frustrating and i can't do summer plans. Thanks