ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for newborn

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pogotosh
Newly Registered

OCI for newborn

Post by pogotosh » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi Everyone. I am currently in the process of applying an OCI for my daughter and wanted to clarify a few questions.

1. Is it mandatory for the applicant to attend the appointment even if they are minor. My daughter is around a month old and we will hence like to avoid taking her to the VFS office.

2. Both me and and my wife are OCI holders. However I was only planning to submit copies of my own OCI as part of the application as I noticed on the website that as long as one of the parents is an OCI holder, the minor is eligible as well. Is this adequate or should I submit copies of my wife's OCI as well.

3. In terms of proof of relationship, I was again only planning to submit a copy of my birth certificate. Is this adequate or will my wife's birth certificate be needed as well?

Thanks for your help in advance.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: OCI for newborn

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 am

pogotosh wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:45 pm
Hi Everyone. I am currently in the process of applying an OCI for my daughter and wanted to clarify a few questions.

1. Is it mandatory for the applicant to attend the appointment even if they are minor. My daughter is around a month old and we will hence like to avoid taking her to the VFS office.
- No need to take your newborn.

2. Both me and and my wife are OCI holders. However I was only planning to submit copies of my own OCI as part of the application as I noticed on the website that as long as one of the parents is an OCI holder, the minor is eligible as well. Is this adequate or should I submit copies of my wife's OCI as well.
- Submit both.

3. In terms of proof of relationship, I was again only planning to submit a copy of my birth certificate. Is this adequate or will my wife's birth certificate be needed as well?
- Only your daughter's full birth certificate is needed which will have both parents names.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards,
crowbar6

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Re: OCI for newborn

Post by pogotosh » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the responses. Much appreciated.