ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Years Absences-ILR Application Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 to ILR Application Queries

Post by aman90 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:27 pm

This issue has been discussed quite frequently on this forum.
I would suggest refer to tier1417’s thread which is pinned on the top of the board.

One thing is for sure.. the start date of employees on the FPS is no longer required. The condition was removed last year. I had the same exact question last year May 2018.
I submitted without those FPS and received ILR in August.
As I’ve no idea of how the RTI FPS looks on the software used by ur self and I can’t comment on whether it will be sufficient but if it contains all the required then it should be fine. Add payroll/accountant letter pertaining to software and the veracity of the FPS records.
As per my own experience. My payroll manger sends me Employers summary each month which has the exact same details as the RTI FPS submitted to HMRC.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:27 pm
I would suggest refer to tier1417’s thread which is pinned on the top of the board.

One thing is for sure.. the start date of employees on the FPS is no longer required. The condition was removed last year. I had the same exact question last year May 2018.
As I’ve no idea of how the RTI FPS looks on the software used by ur self and I can’t comment on whether it will be sufficient but if it contains all the required then it should be fine. Add payroll/accountant letter pertaining to software and the veracity of the FPS records.
As per my own experience. My payroll manger sends me Employers summary each month which has the exact same details as the RTI FPS submitted to HMRC.
Thank you so much Aman for your advise on this matter.

Please be informed that each month, my accountant send us the following 3 piece of documents and this include;

1. Standard Payslips that covers all deductions/Net/Gross salaries
2. HMRC Remittance Report that provide total tax/NI due for the period
3. Payroll Summary for Tax (Each Individual Employee) and this document provide information regarding Salary Gross/Net, Tax Paid, Employee NIC and Employer NIC paid

This is all what I received each month and I just want to make sure that any documents provided will meet the criteria, hence it does not say RTI FPS but I can see it contains all the required information to run a payroll. Please advise if this look fine to you.

Do you think that it will be good to get accountant letter for this purpose?

Your prompt reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:39 pm

You should be ok with those documents. Is it Written on them as P11, P32, etc, once deductions are shown especially to confirm you pay for NI and PAYE you should be fine. Can you scan and copy the sample docs here, remove names etc and all sensitive information from it, just to confirm
Bizman

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:40 pm

aman90 wrote:

By the way aman90; did you use sage. What sort of software did you use.
Bizman

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:33 pm

bizman wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:39 pm
You should be ok with those documents. Is it Written on them as P11, P32, etc, once deductions are shown especially to confirm you pay for NI and PAYE you should be fine. Can you scan and copy the sample docs here, remove names etc and all sensitive information from it, just to confirm
Thanks

It does show all the deductions And Net/gross pay but does not say P11 & P32. Do you think is ok? I will send sample copy for review

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:22 pm

I think once the deductions are indicated, it should be ok, just also include the hmrc receipt for FPS
Bizman

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 am

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 am
aman90 wrote:

Thank you so much Aman for your advise on this matter.

Please be informed that each month, my accountant send us the following 3 piece of documents and this include;

1. Standard Payslips that covers all deductions/Net/Gross salaries
2. HMRC Remittance Report that provide total tax/NI due for the period
3. Payroll Summary for Tax (Each Individual Employee) and this document provide information regarding Salary Gross/Net, Tax Paid, Employee NIC and Employer NIC paid

This looks like the employers summary.

This is all what I received each month and I just want to make sure that any documents provided will meet the criteria, hence it does not say RTI FPS but I can see it contains all the required information to run a payroll. Please advise if this look fine to you.

I would go with it if I was eligible for ILR. Sort out the RTIFPS label later.

Do you think that it will be good to get accountant letter for this purpose?
Yes.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:06 am

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:33 pm
bizman wrote:
Thanks

It does show all the deductions And Net/gross pay but does not say P11 & P32. Do you think is ok? I will send sample copy for review
These are internal company docs. Not necessary or even required. But I understand the point bizman is trying to make.. unfortunately these can be made up so really no point.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:10 am

bizman wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:40 pm

By the way aman90; did you use sage. What sort of software did you use.
Moneysoft..

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 am

aman90 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:06 am
Haadiz wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:33 pm
bizman wrote:
Thanks

These are internal company docs. Not necessary or even required. But I understand the point bizman is trying to make.. unfortunately these can be made up so really no point.
Dear Aman/Bizman.

As discussed, please find attached sample copy of the following Payroll Documents and kindly advise if these are sufficient and meeting the requirement of RTI/FPS.

1. Payslip
https://ibb.co/B2bpptr

2. Payroll summary
https://ibb.co/cDGRK0k

3. HMRC Remittance Report
https://ibb.co/SyKqB2Z

I also have access to Moneysoft and I can create all the required RTI by using accountant information.

Reason being I am a little confuse that should I use Moneysoft as this has slight different in figures when I compare with Accountant reports. I mean few pounds here and there less the same (few pounds less in Tax but I can easily adjust the correct Tax & NIC Actually paid) Manually. For example, accountant payslips shows tax for period is £24 but Money soft indicates £30. This does not showed in all payslip, just few payslips. Please advise as I am more comfirtable with Moneysoft if the small error does not count as long as Tax & NIC actual paid show correctly in FPS with small adjustment.

Thanks

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:22 am

Dear Seniors & Moderate,

I have gone through the MOK for SET (O) application form and I have the following urgent queries. Your prompt advise will be much appreciated.

Time Line;
Tier 1 First Entry Clearance: December 2013
Tier 1 Extension approved: November 2017

Travel History

Q1. I am carrying almost 5 passports since 2003, do I need to provide all of them or just those passports that covers 5 years continuous period?

Q2. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Q2a - The only country I have ever lived previous was UAE between 2008-2011 other than UK or my home country. My previous immigration history was as follows;

Student Visa: 2003 -2007
UK Work Permit: 2007 - valid until 2011
UAE Work Visa: 2008 – Left in 2011
Home Country: 2011 – 2012
UK Dependant Visa: 2012 – 2013
Tier 1 Entrepreneur: 2013 - Date

Do I only need to provide dates or they are required copy of my all Work visas including UAE along with the application? How long they would need me to go back to find out my Immigration history?

Q2b. - How about country of Birth, what information/dates they are looking for as I was first came into the UK on Student visa in 2003, but previously I was in my home country? Please advise

Q3. Have you ever been refused a visa for the UK?

- I answered "Yes" to this question. My Initial application was refused in 2013 but the decision was over turned later on. Do I need to say yes and is this appropriate to submit "Calling in Letter" along with the application?

Company Bank Statement

I have heard that we can also submit Bank Letter instead company bank statements. I understand that these are mandatory documents but I am assuming which ones are more applicable? Reason being I am reluctant in sending them the bank statement as it most of the time figure are in negative (Used Over draft facility) but received number of payments from clients over 2 months’ time but have used these fund immediately. Do you think sending them one month bank statement with negative figures wont effect my application? Please advise

Job Creation

What are the differences between the Job was Created and Employee start date? Its very confusing as I am assuming Employee Start Date was the Date when the job was created? Please advise

Thank you very much for reading and I hope will get few responses soon.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am

Haadiz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 am

1. Payslip

2. Payroll summary

I also have access to Moneysoft and I can create all the required RTI by using accountant information.

Reason being I am a little confuse that should I use Moneysoft as this has slight different in figures when I compare with Accountant reports. I mean few pounds here and there less the same (few pounds less in Tax but I can easily adjust the correct Tax & NIC Actually paid) Manually. For example, accountant payslips shows tax for period is £24 but Money soft indicates £30. This does not showed in all payslip, just few payslips. Please advise as I am more comfirtable with Moneysoft if the small error does not count as long as Tax & NIC actual paid show correctly in FPS with small adjustment.

Thanks
They look fine to me.
The Moneysoft generated RTI FPS must have the exact same figures submitted to HMRC.
Payslips can be tweaked.
Why is there a discrepancy between the figures in different softwares? How does the accountant explain this?

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:07 am

I have submitted the following request but unsure if this has been uploaded on to the system

Dear Seniors & Moderate,

I have gone through the MOK for SET (O) application form and I have the following urgent queries. Your prompt advise will be much appreciated.

Time Line;
First Entry Clearance: December 2013

Travel History

Q1. I am carrying almost 5 passports since 2003, do I need to provide all of them or just those passports that covers 5 years continuous period?

Q2. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Q2a - The only country I have ever lived previous was UAE between 2008-2011 other than UK or my home country. My previous immigration history was as follows;

Do I only need to provide dates or they are required copy of my all Work visas including UAE along with the application? How long they would need me to go back to find out my Immigration history?

Q2b. - How about country of Birth, what information/dates they are looking for as I was first came into the UK on Student visa in 2003, but previously I was in my home country? Please advise

- I answered "Yes" to this question. My Initial application was refused in 2013 but the decision was over turned later on. Do I need to say yes and is this appropriate to submit "Calling in Letter" along with the application?

Company Bank Statement

I have heard that we can also submit Bank Letter instead company bank statements. I understand that these are mendatory documents but I am assuming which ones are more applicable? Reason being I am reluctant in sending them the bank statement as it most of the time figure are in negative (Used Over draft facility) but received number of payments from clients over 2 months’ time but have used these fund immediately. Do you think sending them one month bank statement with negative figures wont effect my application? Please advise

Job Creation

What are the differences between the Job was Created and Employee start date? Its very confusing as I am assuming Employee Start Date was the Date when the job was created? Please advise

Thank you very much for reading and I hope will get few responses soon.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am
Haadiz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 am

1. Payslip

2. Payroll summary

Thanks
They look fine to me.
The Moneysoft generated RTI FPS must have the exact same figures submitted to HMRC.
Payslips can be tweaked.
Why is there a discrepancy between the figures in different softwares? How does the accountant explain this?
Hi

By looking into this you think I will be fine submitting these FPS including Payslips format? You have mentioned Payslips can be tweaked, I dont actually get it? Please advise

Regarding Discrepancy, some of tax figures does not match with Money soft, not really big difference but few pounds here and there. Moneysoft has now all the information that is required but due to small differences I need your opinion that HO will have no objections when they compare with RTI and found few pounds difference in Tax? Please advise

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:54 am

Haadiz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 am
By looking into this you think I will be fine submitting these FPS including Payslips format? You have mentioned Payslips can be tweaked, I dont actually get it? Please advise.

Payslips are internal company paperwork which reflect the information submitted to HMRC.
Obviously you can make slight changes to it. For example not including hours or pay rate. Or even change tax figure according to RTI submitted

Regarding Discrepancy, some of tax figures does not match with Money soft, not really big difference but few pounds here and there. Moneysoft has now all the information that is required but due to small differences I need your opinion that HO will have no objections when they compare with RTI and found few pounds difference in Tax? Please advise

Compare to what? Payslip?
Ho will look at ur Moneysoft RTI FPS and confirm the figures submitted to/with HMRC.. if they are different than it’ll look odd.
If you can manually match the figures already sent to HMRC earlier via e whatever on moneysoft you should be fine

Thanks

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:10 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:54 am
Haadiz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 am
By looking into this you think I will be fine submitting these FPS including Payslips format? You have mentioned Payslips can be tweaked, I dont actually get it? Please advise.

Payslips are internal company paperwork which reflect the information submitted to HMRC.
Obviously you can make slight changes to it. For example not including hours or pay rate. Or even change tax figure according to RTI submitted

Understood, but I meant to say that those snap shots (FPS) I have tweeted previously met the requirement and contain sufficient information that is required by HO? During my extension, I have sent moneysoft payroll because my accountant payroll system did not allow to provide start/end date of employees. Since there is no such requirement for this, I was wondering If I can submit my account FPS instead moneysoft FPS's. Please have a look the above link and kindly confirm accordingly.

Compare to what? Payslip?
Ho will look at ur Moneysoft RTI FPS and confirm the figures submitted to/with HMRC.. if they are different than it’ll look odd.
If you can manually match the figures already sent to HMRC earlier via e whatever on moneysoft you should be fine

I will again try to look into this if I am able to make any necessary changes.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Haadiz..
I already said your current RTI FPS should suffice.
You raised the query that it does not specifically state RTI FPS to which I replied to get a letter from ur accountant/payroll manager to mention the software used, the result and attest to the veracity of the RTI and state if the HO has any questions he/she would be happy to answer..
capiche?!

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:05 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:02 pm
Haadiz..
I already said your current RTI FPS should suffice.
You raised the query that it does not specifically state RTI FPS to which I replied to get a letter from ur accountant/payroll manager to mention the software used, the result and attest to the veracity of the RTI and state of the HO has any questions he/she would be happy to answer..
capiche?!
Got it. Many thanks

Please see above some other queries In relation to my application and kindly advise.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:05 pm
Please see above some other queries In relation to my application and kindly advise.
You’ve been given appropriate advice for ur earlier queries. Ive nothing to add. But please feel free to ask if something is still bothering you..

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Sorry. Disregard my previous post. I just looked and noticed you have raised a number of questions

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:53 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:47 pm
Sorry. Disregard my previous post. I just looked and noticed you have raised a number of questions
No worries looked forward to your response

Cheers

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:22 am
Dear Seniors & Moderate,

MOK? Or mock?

Time Line;

Eligible under continuous residence from Dec 2018

Travel History

Yes. All. Shows how good ur immigration history is. I sent all.

So the answer is YES. Mention both UAE and home country. Tourism related visas are not considered as LIVING.

Do I only need to provide dates or they are required copy of my all Work visas including UAE along with the application?

I’m not sure abt this.

How long they would need me to go back to find out my Immigration history?

From birth to date..

Advised above.

Decision was over turned so not a refusal. So NO.

Company Bank Statement

I have heard that we can also submit Bank Letter instead company bank statements. I understand that these are mandatory documents but I am assuming which ones are more applicable? Reason being I am reluctant in sending them the bank statement as it most of the time figure are in negative (Used Over draft facility) but received number of payments from clients over 2 months’ time but have used these fund immediately. Do you think sending them one month bank statement with negative figures wont effect my application?

A bank letter shall suffice if ur uncomfortable sending bank statement.

Job Creation

What are the differences between the Job was Created and Employee start date?

Job creation date would be a little earlier than employee start date but not necessarily.

Its very confusing as I am assuming Employee Start Date was the Date when the job was created?

Usually a job is created per business demand after which an employee is hired against it. So if ur JOBs are continuing from initial period and ur claiming for the same then the job creation date will be from then. Start date of the employee within the job for whom ur claiming for.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:47 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:19 pm
Haadiz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:22 am
Dear Seniors & Moderate,

MOK? Or mock?

Time Line;

Eligible under continuous residence from Dec 2018

Travel History

Yes. All. Shows how good ur immigration history is. I sent all.

So the answer is YES. Mention both UAE and home country. Tourism related visas are not considered as LIVING.

Do I only need to provide dates or they are required copy of my all Work visas including UAE along with the application?

I’m not sure abt this.

How long they would need me to go back to find out my Immigration history?

From birth to date..

Advised above.

Decision was over turned so not a refusal. So NO.

Company Bank Statement

I have heard that we can also submit Bank Letter instead company bank statements. I understand that these are mandatory documents but I am assuming which ones are more applicable? Reason being I am reluctant in sending them the bank statement as it most of the time figure are in negative (Used Over draft facility) but received number of payments from clients over 2 months’ time but have used these fund immediately. Do you think sending them one month bank statement with negative figures wont effect my application?

A bank letter shall suffice if ur uncomfortable sending bank statement.

Job Creation

What are the differences between the Job was Created and Employee start date?

Job creation date would be a little earlier than employee start date but not necessarily.

Its very confusing as I am assuming Employee Start Date was the Date when the job was created?

Usually a job is created per business demand after which an employee is hired against it. So if ur JOBs are continuing from initial period and ur claiming for the same then the job creation date will be from then. Start date of the employee within the job for whom ur claiming for.
Noted your comments with thanks. I still have some queries from the above if you and other seniors can clarify;

Q1. Continue
I am having a bit of situation here. I have been moving homes since last 1.5 years and during this time, I have misslead 3 of my old passports (covers UK Immigration history between 2003-2011) which I am still struggling to find them, I hope I will find some where. However, I have two passports with me that covers my dependant visa issued in 2011 after I returned from UAE and 5 years of Tier 1 Ent. In short, I have passports that covers my immigration history from 2011 - Present. Luckily, I have found one paper that contain all UK visas issued including issue/expiry date and my complete travel history from 2003 - 2013. I believe I have created this before I applied for Initial Tier 1 Ent application

I am thinking of submitting this along with 2 passports I am currently holding, do you think it would be sufficient? please advise

Q2. Continue
Is this true that in this question, they only wants to know my immigration history outside the UK only? When I was in the UK between 2003-2008, I have been travelling to home country for family visits, do I need to include all of my these visits? Addition to this, do I need to mention any of my previous UK immigration history in the application form? I will specify the following in the application form, please advise?

- From Birth to September 2003 - Home Country
- September 2003 - September 2008 - UK Visas (Please find full UK immigration history attached with the application)
- September 2008 - November 2008 - Home Country
- November 2008 - October 2011 - UAE
- October 2011 - December 2012 - Home Country
- December 2012 - December 2013 - Partner Dependant Visa
- December 2013 - Present - Tier 1 Ent Visa

Please advise. Thank you

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:23 am

No need to over think things..
Q1. Whatever passports you have is fine and that’s enough.. they already know ur immi history.
Q2. Relax! Not asking for ur every move only wherever you lived other than Uk.
I don’t even think they need the dates. I certainly don’t remember doing so.. just the names of the places you actually lived. So native country n uae is enough!
Perhaps some one else can answer coz i have no clue of the online application form questions and what they may or may not want.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:06 am

Yes Aman is right, you only need to cover the most recent five years, so your two passports will be ok.
Bizman