ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Transfer to New Passport Scenario

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keerthi

OCI Transfer to New Passport Scenario

Post by keerthi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi All,

I can see there are many discussions on this topic already, but wanted to clarify the below scenario

Please can someone help

1. My Son's passport expired recently and have received a renewed passport; when I looked at OCI transfer the timeline mentioned is minimum of 3 weeks... is this true based on your experience?

2. I have also noticed that I will need to change the address also...this means I need to request for both Address change and OCI transfer to ensure that I receive the renewed OCI in the new address!!...anyone has done both the services in one go....? ( I understand that I need to submit two different forms and pay double, but worried about increasing the complexity)

It will very much appreciated if you can share your inputs, as we have booked travel without knowing this OCI transfer process...

Regards,
Keerthi