ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mazmlk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR expiry

Post by Mazmlk123 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Hello!
I have an ILR in my passport but it has an expiry date. What does this expiry date mean?
The ILR says valid from August 07 and expires August 09. I thought ILR does not expire?!
I had a single entry visa in Pakistan, is this ILR temporary? Can you get a temporary ILR. I have a holiday in August 2019 and wanted to check if my ILR is still valid?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR expiry

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Useful to state what you applied for from Pakistan??

How old were you when you applied?

When did or does your passport expire?

Do you still live in the UK since it expired?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manitops

Post by manitops » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm

I don't think ILR stamp expires as my wife had this a while ago on an old expired passport and traveled with it

Also, the ILR document expired but she was still able to work in the UK with her old employer. She was however forced to get a new BRP when she tried to get a new job as the new employer didn't accept the old stamped ILR in the passport

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:37 am

manitops wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm
I don't think ILR stamp expires as my wife had this a while ago on an old expired passport and traveled with it

Also, the ILR document expired but she was still able to work in the UK with her old employer. She was however forced to get a new BRP when she tried to get a new job as the new employer didn't accept the old stamped ILR in the passport
If the op came as a child with ILE, then it will have an expiry date in line with the passport expiry date.

Possible that the op only had a limited leave to remain visa valid for 2 years. All unclear until they respond to the questions asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.