ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit success

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lululuna
Newly Registered

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit success

Post by Lululuna » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi all,
I just want to share my experience in getting EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for my mother.
My husband is an EEA national, my mother and I are not. My husband and I both live in the UK for a long time and now have new settled statuses. My mum has never been to the UK.

These are the supporting documents we submitted with the application:
- my mum's passport
- a copy of my husband's (certified copy) and my passports (just a copy)
- documents proving the relationship - my birth certificate and my husband's and my marriage certificate
- documents showing our (mine and my husbands) financial circumstances: my husband's latest payslip, bank statement, latest P60, savings account statement, house documents; these were not asked for anywhere but we decided to add them to show that we have a place for my mum to stay and can support her financially.

We did NOT provide any money transfer confirmations as it is not required for dependent parents. And also we did NOT provide any of my mum's documents like whether she is a pensioner or works, owns a house or rents etc.

All documents not in English were with certified translations.

There was an issue with the online application form - there was an optional box requesting evidence of dependence like money transfers receipts or bank statement. We could not go to the next step without selecting this box despite it being optional. We had to select it but in the supporting letter we explained that we did not provide any documents to show dependency but had to select this box. This is the text " I had to select the boxes under Section 3 Documents - Other Documents as without doing so I could not progress to the next step. But I did not provide money transfer confirmations as according to www.gov.uk it is not required for dependent parents and I am a dependent parent of my daughter and son in law".

She applied from Tashkent Uzbekistan. She had an appointment with TLScontact on 16 May. 20 May she received an email that the application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing. 30 May she received an email that her passport is with the courier. 2 days after the passport with the visa was delivered.

I'll also copy my supporting letter below.

Lululuna
Newly Registered

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit success

Post by Lululuna » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 pm

This is our support letter written by my husband, the EEA national:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, [name], EEA national, would like to kindly ask you to issue a Family Permit to my mother-in-law, [name]. I would like my mother-in-law to visit our family in the UK and stay with our family for a while.

Everything including her tickets and accommodation will be paid for and provided by us. She will be staying with us at our address: [address].

My wife and I have been granted a settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme. My status number is [number]. My wife's number is [number].

We did not provide any proof of money transfers because on www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-settlement- ... ily-permit it is advised that dependent parents do not need this under the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.

I hope my mother-in-law can be issued a Family Permit without delays. For any information, please contact me [phone number] or my wife [phone number].

Yours faithfully,

[name]

Hope it helps anyone applying for EUSS Family Permit for their parents/in laws. Good luck!

Lululuna
Newly Registered

Post by Lululuna » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 pm

People in other topics asked what form we used to apply...
There is "apply online" link on https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
We just answered all the questions that were asked and followed all the steps.

mulder
Germany

Post by mulder » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Lululuna wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 pm
my husband's latest bank statement
Lululuna, was it a bank statements your husband received in paper per post?

If not, did he just download it and print them out or did he let his bank certify the latest statement?

And thank you very much for taking your time to write it all down :D

Lululuna
Newly Registered

Post by Lululuna » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:29 am

mulder wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 pm
Lululuna wrote:
my husband's latest bank statement
Lululuna, was it a bank statements your husband received in paper per post?

If not, did he just download it and print them out or did he let his bank certify the latest statement?

And thank you very much for taking your time to write it all down :D
It was an original statement received by post

Aleksandrija

Post by Aleksandrija » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Could you please let me know if she will apply for pre-settle status once she is in UK?
Thanks

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,
I just want to share my experience in getting EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for my mother.
My husband is an EEA national, my mother and I are not. My husband and I both live in the UK for a long time and now have new settled statuses. My mum has never been to the UK.

- my mum's passport
- documents proving the relationship - my birth certificate and my husband's and my marriage certificate
- documents showing our (mine and my husbands) financial circumstances: my husband's latest payslip, bank statement, latest P60, savings account statement, house documents; these were not asked for anywhere but we decided to add them to show that we have a place for my mum to stay and can support her financially.

Dear Lululuna, thank you very much for very helpful post and advice. I am also in the middle of applying for my mom. Please did you send the original bank statement, P60 and marriage certificate to Uzbekistan via email or by post to her AND then your mother submitted with the application? or did you submitted within UK? Your valuable advice will help me to complete my application.

pranab0077

Post by pranab0077 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:50 pm

pinkpanter wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 pm
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

Dear Lululuna, thank you very much for very helpful post and advice. I am also in the middle of applying for my mom. Please did you send the original bank statement, P60 and marriage certificate to Uzbekistan via email or by post to her AND then your mother submitted with the application? or did you submitted within UK? Your valuable advice will help me to complete my application.
Hi pinkpanter
I'm also like in your situation.Did you fill up the form yourself or take any assistance from anyone/solicitor?Just to wonder if you have written anything in the box of Further information while filling up the application?

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:46 am

Hi pranab, I filled the online EU settlement Close Family permits myself. I have only completed partly just before signing off declaration as I am waiting for my Eea spouse settlement status results which is expected by today or tomorrow. I did mention on the other information as advice by lululuna, but I further said that I am happy to provide all the money transfers receipts to show the financial dependency, which I will do.

I just need advice as to how to submit our documents from our end.

pranab0077

Post by pranab0077 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:28 pm

pinkpanter wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:46 am
Hi pranab, I filled the online EU settlement Close Family permits myself. I have only completed partly just before signing off declaration as I am waiting for my Eea spouse settlement status results which is expected by today or tomorrow. I did mention on the other information as advice by lululuna, but I further said that I am happy to provide all the money transfers receipts to show the financial dependency, which I will do.

I just need advice as to how to submit our documents from our end.
Hi Pink Panther
Nice to hear from you. Yap, I've done the filling up the form but, yet not submitted as
I need to arrange some documents like Birth certificate, Marriage certificate.
So, did you write anything into the question*: Write any further info that you were not able to write or tell**
I skipped the option as don't know what should we need to write?
Any idea, pls

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm

I will do a separate covering letter and also a sponsor letter covering any further information. I may be wrong but your dependent parents need to show the birth Certificate on their end to show the relationship with you and these documents will be scanned by vfs office at your non-EU family member country.

potolot2
Mood:
France

Post by potolot2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:04 pm

pinkpanter wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm
I will do a separate covering letter and also a sponsor letter covering any further information. I may be wrong but your dependent parents need to show the birth Certificate on their end to show the relationship with you and these documents will be scanned by vfs office at your non-EU family member country.
Hi pinkpanter
I will ask to bring a photocopy of the all original documents.I'm not sure if the documents are kept by scanning at the VFS centre or the photocopies are taken as well.
Also, not sure, how long will it take to get a response after submitting the passports.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

We did NOT provide any money transfer confirmations as it is not required for dependent parents. And also we did NOT provide any of my mum's documents like whether she is a pensioner or works, owns a house or rents etc.

There was an issue with the online application form - there was an optional box requesting evidence of dependence like money transfers receipts or bank statement. We could not go to the next step without selecting this box despite it being optional. We had to select it but in the supporting letter we explained that we did not provide any documents to show dependency but had to select this box. This is the text " I had to select the boxes under Section 3 Documents - Other Documents as without doing so I could not progress to the next step. But I did not provide money transfer confirmations as according to www.gov.uk it is not required for dependent parents and I am a dependent parent of my daughter and son in law".

She applied from Tashkent Uzbekistan. She had an appointment with TLScontact on 16 May. 20 May she received an email that the application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing. 30 May she received an email that her passport is with the courier. 2 days after the passport with the visa was delivered.

Hi Lululuna,
Please can you kindly help me. I am in the middle of filling an EU closed Family Permits online application. I have done the application till the fee section (no fee required), but have not save and continue yet as then I could not edit the details. I am just wondering how to send my Certified copies of my Eea wife and my documents, p60, payslips etc from UK as she need to submit the application at her home country? I am just confused with this whole process. I would be grateful if you could guide me from your experience.

Lululuna
Newly Registered

Post by Lululuna » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:35 am

pinkpanter wrote:
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

I emailed my mum scanned copies of my documents. She printed them and took with her to the appointment.
In the Document checklist you get after filling in the form it says "From the 5 November 2018 any evidence you provide can be originals or copies." so I thought that it'd be no harm sending just copies. They accepted them without any problems at TLScontact. They need copies of all the documents in A4 format, so they can scan them. In my mum's case they took all the copies and didn't even look at the originals. After the scanning they return everything back to you.
There are changes how TLScontact deals with supporting documents (at least in Tashkent from where she applied). You can pay £24 for Assisted Service and TLS will scan your documents for you.
Or you choose Self Service, it's free but you have to upload all documents online before the appointment.

So alternatively you can choose Self-Service login from the UK, upload your documents, then ask the applicant to login from their country and upload their documents too and then submit.

Lululuna
Newly Registered

Post by Lululuna » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 am

pinkpanter wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:45 pm
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

Hi Lululuna,
Please can you kindly help me. I am in the middle of filling an EU closed Family Permits online application. I have done the application till the fee section (no fee required), but have not save and continue yet as then I could not edit the details. I am just wondering how to send my Certified copies of my Eea wife and my documents, p60, payslips etc from UK as she need to submit the application at her home country? I am just confused with this whole process. I would be grateful if you could guide me from your experience.
Hi pinkpanter. I'd say either email scanned documents to her to print or if you choose Self Service, let her upload her documents, then login and upload your documents from where you are.
The process (at least from Tashkent) is once you book an appointment on TLSContact website, there will be an Upload button. You can upload your documents. And once they are processed, you click a button to attach them to your application. This needs to be done before the appointment.
At the time my mum applied they had a technical problem so we couldn't upload anything. She took her original documents and copies plus printed copies of my documents. And because of this technical problem they scanned the docs for free (otherwise they would charge her £24 for Assisted Service where they scan your docs for you).

potolot2
Mood:
France

Post by potolot2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:10 am

Lululuna wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 am
pinkpanter wrote:
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

Hi Lululuna,
Hi pinkpanter. I'd say either email scanned documents to her to print or if you choose Self Service, let her upload her documents, then login and upload your documents from where you are.
The process (at least from Tashkent) is once you book an appointment on TLSContact website, there will be an Upload button. You can upload your documents. And once they are processed, you click a button to attach them to your application. This needs to be done before the appointment.
At the time my mum applied they had a technical problem so we couldn't upload anything. She took her original documents and copies plus printed copies of my documents. And because of this technical problem they scanned the docs for free (otherwise they would charge her £24 for Assisted Service where they scan your docs for you).
Hi Lululuna
I may bother you, but I wanna have a little help to clarify my doubt.
Did you upload your support letter online or just submit along with your mom's passport?

Thank you.

potolot2
Mood:
France

Post by potolot2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:17 am

potolot2 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:10 am
Lululuna wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

Hi Lululuna,
Hi Lululuna
I may bother you, but I wanna have a little help to clarify my doubt.
Did you upload your support letter online or just submit along with your mom's passport?

Thank you.
Hi Lululuna
Sorry to post again.what are the documents that your mother upload from her country?
I supposed she may have uploaded her passport or ID cards and your birth certificate.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Lululuna wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

Hi Lululuna,
Hi Lululuna,
Much appreciated and thank you very much! God bless you.. :)

potolot2
Mood:
France

Post by potolot2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Lululuna wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:35 am
pinkpanter wrote:
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

I emailed my mum scanned copies of my documents. She printed them and took with her to the appointment.
In the Document checklist you get after filling in the form it says "From the 5 November 2018 any evidence you provide can be originals or copies." so I thought that it'd be no harm sending just copies. They accepted them without any problems at TLScontact. They need copies of all the documents in A4 format, so they can scan them. In my mum's case they took all the copies and didn't even look at the originals. After the scanning they return everything back to you.
There are changes how TLScontact deals with supporting documents (at least in Tashkent from where she applied). You can pay £24 for Assisted Service and TLS will scan your documents for you.
Or you choose Self Service, it's free but you have to upload all documents online before the appointment.

So alternatively you can choose Self-Service login from the UK, upload your documents, then ask the applicant to login from their country and upload their documents too and then submit.
Hi Lululuna
Can you tell me how can reach the self service login to upload documents?
I have taken an appointment @VFS,but I can't see the option.

Is it in the application area on www.gov.uk site or it's on the VFS website?

Please help us by giving your sharing.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Lululuna wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:
Lululuna wrote:
Hi all,

- my mum's passport

Hi Lululuna,
Hi Lululuna,
Thank you very much again for all your assistance. I am really much appreciated.
I have submitted my application and now I need to arrange the mandatory documents as per checklist. I am stuck with the additional information that state:
"Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel"

I have two sister who are married and living with their husband's place in her home country" I don't know what to say. Shall I tick this option yes or leave it blank. If I tick it then what sort of evidence should I provide? Much appreciated.