ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Adamco1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:19 am

Thank you first of all for being so clear about you status during the years

I think per law I should get settled status

As per law I have to stay 6 months in any 12 months period for 5 years which is
Year 1 - 08/2015
Year 2- 2016
Year 3- 2017
Year 4- 2018
Year 5- Till date June 2019

So with the authority given to the case worker to reduce the administrative burden and do it in favor of the applicant I should get as I only missing 1 month in the first year which is July 2015

Thank you

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 am
Adamco1 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm
Please everyone when you post about the outcome or time frame mention for how long you have been married and for how long you have had BRC

I am None EU married to EU since August 2015
Applied for EU settled S. on 07/03/2019
Got COA same day and called 4 times nothing yet.
One time they told me they are confused which status to give me.
I have BRC since Dec 2016 and I live with my wife since Nov 2014
Wife EU got already Settled S in March.
So this week it’s been 3 months for me waiting.

Technically you won't get settled status because you are married in august . Now either they will keep your application on Hold till august / call you and give pre settled status / if you are very lucky they may offer you settled status but it's very unlikely ..

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:27 am

This is a case of friend of mine for your info or advice if you can

None Eu married to eu in July 2017
He lives with his partner since 2014
They have child 4 years old
They gave him pre settled status based on the marriage certificate not the child because by logic if they have 4 years old child they should have told him settled as this chilled needs a year before to come plus he is 4 now so that’s the 5 years but they said only marragie certificate which counts

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 pm

Adamco1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:19 am
Thank you first of all for being so clear about you status during the years

I think per law I should get settled status

As per law I have to stay 6 months in any 12 months period for 5 years which is
Year 1 - 08/2015
Year 2- 2016
Year 3- 2017
Year 4- 2018
Year 5- Till date June 2019

So with the authority given to the case worker to reduce the administrative burden and do it in favor of the applicant I should get as I only missing 1 month in the first year which is July 2015

Thank you

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 am
Adamco1 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm
Please everyone when you post about the outcome or time frame mention for how long you have been married and for how long you have had BRC

I am None EU married to EU since August 2015
Applied for EU settled S. on 07/03/2019
Got COA same day and called 4 times nothing yet.
One time they told me they are confused which status to give me.
I have BRC since Dec 2016 and I live with my wife since Nov 2014
Wife EU got already Settled S in March.
So this week it’s been 3 months for me waiting.

Technically you won't get settled status because you are married in august . Now either they will keep your application on Hold till august / call you and give pre settled status / if you are very lucky they may offer you settled status but it's very unlikely ..

They are asking residency proof from 2014 .. Government count year from April to April

Someone send residency proof from 2015 but they asked for 2014 to count 5 years
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:30 pm

I found this one on a website

" The calculation of residency should be in accordance with the qualifying years e.g. if the residence period relied upon was 13 October 2014 to 12 October 2019 each qualifying year within this period should run from 13 October to 12 October of the following year "
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:50 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:30 pm

" The calculation of residency should be in accordance with the qualifying years e.g. if the residence period relied upon was 13 October 2014 to 12 October 2019 each qualifying year within this period should run from 13 October to 12 October of the following year "

Thank you ASkmeplz

I think you are right as one time when I called them they said they might ask for evidence since the day I started to live with my wife which is nov 2014 and they might wait till nov 2019 as per the call centre
I have sent them the calculation they way I mentioned above via the contact form and I should hear within 5 working days back from them

I hope they will consider it for settled status as it’s really headache I want to get ride off

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:

They just sent me an email from R centre and said I have to wait for the case worker to contact me and Year calculation would start as you said for example June 2014 till June 2019 that’s 5 years

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:38 am

katerina_k wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:55 am
amralialla100216 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:29 pm
Hello,

I have received my BRC today. I think we will need to apply for Schengen visa from now on. Cause the new BRC doesn't mention that we Non-EU family member. I have attached a photo of my BRC for all who are wondering how does the new BRC look like.
Hi. Congratulations on your status and card :D

Could you please tell me if you had to sign for you card delivery? I saw someone replied to you recently that it is a signed for delivery. But I also remember that someone (long ago in the thread) said that the card was just put in their mailbox (with no signature)
No, I had to sign for it .

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:39 am

katerina_k wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:00 am
Hi everyone.

I also received my pre-settled status yesterday (after ~2 month waiting).

My timeline:

My background: Was on Tier4 visa before applying. 8 years in the country total. Got married a year ago. My husband applied and received his settled status in the trial phase.
Applied: 30th of March. Used passport as my ID (did not mention/scan/submit my Tier 4 BRP at any point). The system told me I am eligible for the pre-settled status, but I thought to provide evidence that I have been in the country for more than 5 years. Here I made a mistake, since I must have been married for more than 5 years to be eligible for one. The system also asked me to submit my biometrics. I did not post any documents anywhere.
Biometrics: 4th of April
COA: 5th of April

Then numerous calls back and forth with no success

Important call 1 : called on the 24 of April and I was told that my application has been downgraded from settled to pre-settled status . They confirmed that I must have been married for 5 years to qualify for the settled status. Since it is not the case, I can only receive pre-settled status
Important call 2: On the 5th of may called again and EU resolution centre offered me to escalated my my case since i waited for a month already.

Called a week after the escalation and I was told that now a caseworker was assigned to my case and I have to wait to receive a decision

Application outcome: Got an email at 5:30pm on the 3rd of June saying that I got my pre-settled status

Now waiting for my BRC card ( to arrive in 7 days hopefully).

Good luck everyone who is still waiting and congratulations to those who received it!
UPD: my BRC card arrived today (6th of June) , had to sign for it

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Adamco1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:

They just sent me an email from R centre and said I have to wait for the case worker to contact me and Year calculation would start as you said for example June 2014 till June 2019 that’s 5 years
I just have received an email to provide my marriage certificate to prove my relationship to my Eu wife and I am here for 5 years as I claimed
That’s what they said in the email
I have sent it
Hope they will give me settled status
This case is going on for 3 months now

Seamen
Newly Registered

Post by Seamen » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Sherdiplomat wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:45 am
oxy78 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 am
Sherdiplomat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:38 am
oxy78 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am
Am having same problem my pr is in my passport and wil expire 2015 am still waiting for my decision for almost 6 weeks now and was escalated 2 days ago am still waiting for confirmation from home office
Hello.
I also have NON biometric permanent resident sticker in my NON biometric passport in 2014. I just want to ask you. You applied online trough home office website? Do you need to send your passport to home office? I am non EU with non biometric permanent residence and with non biometric passport. I can't apply trough app. But I can't find information do I need to send passport.
Thank you.
Hi . you will not send your passport to HO . Just apply online . And you will put your PR number after it you will book biometric appointment after it you will go to appointment and they will take your finger print etc . After biometric you will receive COA . I received my one 12.04.19. But Iam still waiting for my settlement.
Thank you for you answer!
I think it's take longer because our permanent residence is not biometric.
I have 2 friend with biometric PR they received settled status in 2 weeks. I think it's because straightforward and automated. But if case need more ( biometric details) attencion it's probably just need to wait when case worker look at it. I know 1 person French citizen. She was living in UK since 1972. She never applied for PR. We applied for her settled status in March. Long wait. 2 weeks ago home office called and tell her they start looking at her case. So 1 week ago she recieved her settled status.
We don't have biometric PR so it's not very straightforward. It's also depends how busy Case worker.
Hi . I got today my settled status by email . And biometric card will arrive in 7 working days. And my permanent resident visa sticker which is in my passport will expire on 2024 . I don’t have any idea about my biometric card will come with 10 years renewal date . Or it will come without renewal date . I have no idea . Who got biometric pr card they got their settled status in 2 weeks . Who got permanent resident card in passport like it tooks them to give me settled status 2 month . Good luck everyone ✌️

dinotinto
Newly Registered

Post by dinotinto » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Was just wondering if any non eea family member has travelled back into the uk with pre-settled / settled status? If there were any questions asked, how smooth re-entry was. and if there was a chance of getting through the eu queue? Thanks

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 pm

dinotinto wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:56 pm
Was just wondering if any non eea family member has travelled back into the uk with pre-settled / settled status? If there were any questions asked, how smooth re-entry was. and if there was a chance of getting through the eu queue? Thanks
I didn’t travel myself but read in the news few days ago couple could not come back as the airline didn’t know about the online pre and settled stats and they called HO and the Embassy to get help
They were coming back from turkey
That’s all what I know

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:41 am

Morning all,

Today is my biometric appointment, I applied for Settle status on 5th June.

Just one question.

They mentioned in the email which I received that I have to bring all original documents which i uploaded online during my application. Are they going to check them properly or what will happen?

Please advise who had given there biometric and what happened exactly?
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

krishxe
Newly Registered

Post by krishxe » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:29 pm

krishxe wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:14 pm
MY timeline
Application submitted : 30 April
Biometrics : 30 April
Coa revieved via email: 03 May
Decision: Waiting
BRP: waiting
MY timeline
Application submitted : 30 April
Biometrics : 30 April
Coa revieved via email: 03 May
received call from HO on 20 may saying you are eligible for Pre settle status.

still awaiting for

Decision: Waiting
BRP: waiting

gini852

Post by gini852 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Something has gone VERY wrong with my application...

My timeline:
Application submitted: 1 May
Biometrics: 18 May (this was the earliest weekend slot available, and I had to pay £100 for it since I couldn't make weekdays)
COA: Not received even after 3 weeks.

I called the EU Settlement Scheme hotline earlier this week, noting that it was very odd that others who'd gotten their biometrics done after me already had COA/even a decision but I hadn't even gotten a COA. They realised that my application was still missing an "FES" image (the Home Office personnel admitted he had no idea what this is). He promised to follow up. Today I got a call from the Settlement Scheme and it's BAD NEWS all the way.

They said that I'd done everything right but the missing FES is related to a "known technical error" on the Sopa Steria side. Although they are trying to resolve the issue, there is "no timeline" (their words) as to when this will be resolved.

Me: But if it's a system issue, surely others would have the same problem? I seem to be the only one going through this.
Them: No, no. It seems to be a sporadic issue so happens occasionally only.

Honestly? That smells really fishy to me - like human error that someone is too afraid to admit to.

Since there was no timeline as to when the issue could be resolved, I asked if I could withdraw my application and apply anew. This request was rejected. Said that's not possible to withdraw once the biometrics have been taken.

So... in short, I'm stuck in limbo, until the end of time or when this "tech glitch" resolves itself, whichever comes first (my money's on the former).

I'm out of ideas. If anyone has suggestions on how I can escalate/resolve this, please let me know!

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:17 pm

The fundamental difference between the BR Card and a BR Permit is that the cards are issued to reflect a status that the person is legally entitled to. There is an inherent right and the card acts as a recognised document that reflects the status granted because of the right. A BR Permit on the other hand is something issued by the government to someone to perform a specific activity for a specific time.

Basically, the card is given to you because you have a right already, while the permit is what gives you a right to do something.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:05 am

hrak1978 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:41 am
Morning all,

Today is my biometric appointment, I applied for Settle status on 5th June.

Just one question.

They mentioned in the email which I received that I have to bring all original documents which i uploaded online during my application. Are they going to check them properly or what will happen?

Please advise who had given there biometric and what happened exactly?
Dear they don’t bother even what documents you upload unless home office direct them. I have 3 time experience for biometric with 3 different office for my family members but never asked me for originals.

Seamen
Newly Registered

Post by Seamen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Adamco1 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:13 pm
Adamco1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
I found this one
I just have received an email to provide my marriage certificate to prove my relationship to my Eu wife and I am here for 5 years as I claimed
That’s what they said in the email
I have sent it
Hope they will give me settled status
This case is going on for 3 months now
This home office are not serious on what they are doing I did my biometric 16th April receive my Coa 23rd April can you imagine I called them after 6 week later asking them what's happening they told me i should wait let them check if the required documents after checking he said no all is fine and he escalated my case last week Thursday I received email from home office atlas saying they are waiting for my biometric I called them again the man said it was an error I should ignore it that they are dealing with my application I shouldn't worry

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:00 am

I got a call today after waiting for more than 3 months

Please if you can guys tell this to a journalist or someone take care of this mattar because it’s no right and double standards

When I answered after security questions,she said I am I can get only pre stetted status as I am not married for 5 years

I said but I am married for 5 and resident for 5 years if you consider it as Callander year

She said that’s for European but you are not European

Time line
Applied 7 March 2019
Answer today by phone pre settled

Married in 8 2015 that’s 6 months in each Callander year
I am non EU married to settled Eu citizen

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Adamco1 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:00 am

Please if you can guys tell this to a journalist or someone take care of this mattar because it’s no right and double standards

When I answered after security questions,she said I am I can get only pre stetted status as I am not married for 5 years

I said but I am married for 5 and resident for 5 years if you consider it as Callander year

Time line
Applied 7 March 2019

Married in 8 2015 that’s 6 months in each Callander year am non EU married to settled Eu citizen
Your 5 years completes in march 2020 if you married in 2015, assuming you married within the UK.

Not sure what you mean by 6 months in each calendar year. Your residence clock starts from date of marriage in the UK and you need 5 completed years. You have misunderstood the calculations based on your previous posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jaigirds
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jaigirds » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for a while, so just thought i'd give an update incase it helps anyone out.

I'm non-eu spouse of an Irish national. I have been living in the UK since September 2016 on a tier 2 visa. I got married to my husband in August 2018. My husband did NOT apply for settled status as he does not need to.
I was on a Tier 2 visa with a BRP and not an EU residence card as we only got married recently. So, we just waited to directly apply for the settlement scheme.

I applied with my passport and just our marriage certificate.

Date of application: 17th of May 2019
Date of Biometrics submission: 20th May 2019
Date of COA: 10th of June 2019
Date of additional document request: 10th of June 2019 asked for husband's EU ID (passport) and proof of his residence for 6 months. Asked for one piece of dated evidence within the last 6 months.
Date of reply: 10th of June 2019, submitted scanned copy of passport and husband's P60 and Council Tax bill.
Date of granting letter: 11th June 2019.
Outcome: Pre-settled status granted with BRC on the way.

Good Luck everyone! and if anybody has any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

krishxe
Newly Registered

Post by krishxe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

jaigirds wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:30 pm
Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for a while, so just thought i'd give an update incase it helps anyone out.

I'm non-eu spouse of an Irish national. I have been living in the UK since September 2016 on a tier 2 visa. I got married to my husband in August 2018. My husband did NOT apply for settled status as he does not need to.
I was on a Tier 2 visa with a BRP and not an EU residence card as we only got married recently. So, we just waited to directly apply for the settlement scheme.

I applied with my passport and just our marriage certificate.

Date of application: 17th of May 2019
Date of Biometrics submission: 20th May 2019
Date of COA: 10th of June 2019
Date of additional document request: 10th of June 2019 asked for husband's EU ID (passport) and proof of his residence for 6 months. Asked for one piece of dated evidence within the last 6 months.
Date of reply: 10th of June 2019, submitted scanned copy of passport and husband's P60 and Council Tax bill.
Date of granting letter: 11th June 2019.
Outcome: Pre-settled status granted with BRC on the way.

Good Luck everyone! and if anybody has any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
congratulations

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:07 pm
Adamco1 wrote:

Time line
Applied 7 March 2019

Married in 8 2015 that’s 6 months in each Callander year am non EU married to settled Eu citizen
Your 5 years completes in march 2020 if you married in 2015, assuming you married within the UK.

Not sure what you mean by 6 months in each calendar year. Your residence clock starts from date of marriage in the UK and you need 5 completed years. You have misunderstood the calculations based on your previous posts.
Thank you for you reply
as stated online on gov.uk under continuous residency condition you have to be in the uk for 5 years, at least 6 months in every 12 months for 5 years to qualify for the setlled status.
Which I have completed and as I have been told today if I were European I would have been granted the settled status.
I live with my wife in the UK since end of 2014
Married in August 2015 ( 1st year - 6 months )
2019 Till date 6 months so i should have been granted the settled status.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Adamco1 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:41 pm
CR001 wrote:
Adamco1 wrote:

Time line
Applied 7 March 2019

Thank you for you reply
as stated online on gov.uk under continuous residency condition you have to be in the uk for 5 years, at least 6 months in every 12 months for 5 years to qualify for the setlled status.
Which I have completed and as I have been told today if I were European I would have been granted the settled status.
Thank you
Your 5 years starts from date of marriage and will complete in August 2020.

What was your UK immigration status before date of marriage?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Adamco1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm
Adamco1 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:41 pm
CR001 wrote:
Adamco1 wrote:

Time line
Applied 7 March 2019

Thank you for you reply
Thank you
Your 5 years starts from date of marriage and will complete in August 2020.

What was your UK immigration status before date of marriage?
[/quote

I was on tourist visa valid for 5 years- expired in August 2018
I got my biometric card based on my marriage to Eu in the uk in dec 2016 valid for 5 years

Thank you