ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after 1 year on ILR for refugees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

h2so4
Newly Registered

Naturalisation after 1 year on ILR for refugees

Post by h2so4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Hello

I have been observing naturalisation timline and noticed that its taking a lot longer for people who applied on the basis of ILR(Set-P "Refugee").

Can you please advice if it takes longer for the refugees?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation after 1 year on ILR for refugees

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:44 pm

h2so4 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm
Hello

I have been observing naturalisation timline and noticed that its taking a lot longer for people who applied on the basis of ILR(Set-P "Refugee").

Thanks.
This is being asked about frequently here. There is no known policy to treat some people different from others. So no it is not possible to answer the question.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

h2so4
Newly Registered

Post by h2so4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I applied for the naturalisation on 10 May via new Sopra Steria service. I was following the timeline thread and noticed some people who applied under the refugee ilr category has not received a decision after months which made me curious.

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 am

h2so4 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm
Hello

Thanks.
It depends on your case worker and if you have provided relevant documentation when submitting your application, but not your immigration status.

h2so4
Newly Registered

Post by h2so4 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 pm

I attended the Sopra Steria service for the application. They were reluctant to take all the documents that I took with me, she only asked for LIUK, Proof of address, Language proof, last ILR confirmation and said you are only required these.

She said HO will ask if they need more information.

Its really worrying as I believe its not their job to assess whats required and what not.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

They have a list and they cross check them. Only required docs will be uploaded. You will not be refused for missing documents and any missing document will be requested if required :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice