ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (M) Immigration Interview

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kittyAS
Newly Registered

ILR SET (M) Immigration Interview

Post by kittyAS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi.
Looking for some advise.
My husband and I have been invited infor an interview following his application for ILR under the SET(M) route. Cannot understand why there is an interview invite when the application was straight forward. W've been married for 6 yrs and there are no other issues with the application, it was made ontime and with all the correct documents.

I'm worried about this interview and what could come of it.

What should we do and how should we prepare?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET (M) Immigration Interview

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Does he meet all the requirements for ilr,is 5 years on spouse visa (excluding a fiance visa), financial, liuk, English and evidence of joint cohabitation for the last two years?

Any other history of visas he has held in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kittyAS
Newly Registered

Post by kittyAS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Yes he meets all the criteria and all these evidences were submitted with the application in Nov 2018.
Prior to our marriage he was on a student visa and we applied for a spouse visa 6 months after we got married which was granted without any issues

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Any issues when on a student visa, ie working more than the permitted 20 hours per week or has he ever done a TOEIC English test?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kittyAS
Newly Registered

Post by kittyAS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Nope no issues like that at all. He always got his renewals without any issues and within the 6 months set out in the service standard

dan883

Post by dan883 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am

Did you apply for 5 year or 10year?

kittyAS
Newly Registered

Post by kittyAS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:54 pm

dan883 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am
Well he was on x2 spouse visa for 30 months each. This took him up to the 10 yrs in the UK. We didn't specify the route of 5 or 10 yrs as it wasn't a requirement they asked for as such.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:57 pm

kittyAS wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:54 pm
dan883 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am
Well he was on x2 spouse visa for 30 months each. This took him up to the 10 yrs in the UK. We didn't specify the route of 5 or 10 yrs as it wasn't a requirement they asked for as such.
Which route you applied on is dictated by the form you completed. Set(M) is for ILR based on 5 years residence.

Set(LR) is the form for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

Is there perhaps anything in his history that he is possibly not telling you??

ILR Set(M) interviews are very rare.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kittyAS
Newly Registered

Post by kittyAS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 pm

Yes it was the set m we submitted.

I did ask him and he doesn't have any criminal history and no other issues in his past that I could see as an issue. I've know him a long time before we got married so I do know he's a person of good character.

I've been told by so.many people that set m interviews are rare.

What can we expect in terms of questions? Does anyone know? Or can guide us? We're quite anxious.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Ho likely will interview you separately to determine if it is a genuine relationship etc.

Hence my question on previous immigration and applications made or visas held, for example was he possibly married to someone else or in an unmarried partner visa to try obtain a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kittyAS
Newly Registered

Post by kittyAS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Yes. We have both been invited for this interview. They have asked us to complete an interview reply form and a declaration of attendance.

They letter states that we will be interviewed separately. They time they say is about 2 hrs.

My husband has never made any other applications prior to our marriage except for his student visa applications. No previous relationships, marriages or such applications.

Our relationship is genuine.

Any idea what they may ask us?

flowers2019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by flowers2019 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi kittyAS. Just wondering if you had the interview and what the outcome of this was?

Mooted56
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Mooted56 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:06 pm

Any updates??

Rocco898
Newly Registered

Post by Rocco898 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 am

kittyAS wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm
Hi.
Looking for some advise.
My husband and I have been invited infor an interview following his application for ILR under the SET(M) route. Cannot understand why there is an interview invite when the application was straight forward. W've been married for 6 yrs and there are no other issues with the application, it was made ontime and with all the correct documents.

I'm worried about this interview and what could come of it.

What should we do and how should we prepare?

Just wondering if anyone been in the same above situation and have been for an interview?
Any insights will be appreciated