ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No responses to emails and closed phone lines

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iamok
Ireland

No responses to emails and closed phone lines

Post by iamok » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:59 am

Hi All - My wife and 3 other friends who are waiting on their naturalization applications (all waiting more than 16 months now) have emailed the citizenship department a couple of times each in the last 3-4 weeks for an update and haven't been receiving any responses. Meanwhile, the citizenship phone lines have either been closed at different intervals or nobody has been picking up.

Separately, a work colleague has been waiting for his passport to be returned to him for 10 weeks now and he needs to travel. He has emailed them 3 times in last 2 weeks with the subject as 'Urgent' but still no response.

Anyone else facing similar situations as above?

kseni
Russia

Re: No responses to emails and closed phone lines

Post by kseni » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am

Yepp, no email response and the lines are impossible

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 am

It's really frustrating specially for the person who is waiting on his passport for 10 weeks and can't travel because he has no idea when his passport will be returned.

Citizenship division really need to improve their communications and need to be more transparent about the whole naturalization process.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:13 am

iamok wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:59 am
Hi All - My wife and 3 other friends who are waiting on their naturalization applications (all waiting more than 16 months now) have emailed the citizenship department a couple of times each in the last 3-4 weeks for an update and haven't been receiving any responses. Meanwhile, the citizenship phone lines have either been closed at different intervals or nobody has been picking up.

Separately, a work colleague has been waiting for his passport to be returned to him for 10 weeks now and he needs to travel. He has emailed them 3 times in last 2 weeks with the subject as 'Urgent' but still no response.

I am also in same condition waiting more than 18 months. I think, maybe some of the staff is on summer holidays.

Tersia2010
Newly Registered

Post by Tersia2010 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:26 am

they have not been answering emails for me either lately...

but they HAVE to answer emails sent from my local TD within a short period, so lucky i was still able to get updates.

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:34 am

NO success today. Try calling from 10AM to 12:30PM
Is anyone call today

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm

aneelrahim wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:34 am
NO success today. Try calling from 10AM to 12:30PM
Is anyone call today
Tried calling today. Nobody picking up the phone and no response to emails sent 2 weeks ago.

Basically, there is no way to know the status of the application and no way to assess when this long process will come to an end! :cry:

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi

I tried getting through all morning today and after over 300 attempts I eventually got through to a lovely lady at around 12.20 just before they closed the lines.

I must admit I nearly gave up trying!

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:25 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:15 pm
Hi

I tried getting through all morning today and after over 300 attempts I eventually got through to a lovely lady at around 12.20 just before they closed the lines.

I must admit I nearly gave up trying!
Did you get any useful information from the call?

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:04 pm

I had two questions for them and the lady I spoke with was extremely helpful so was worth the 300+ redials to get through.
I did get the information I was looking for which I'm pleased about.

Ck1985
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ck1985 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:39 pm

iamok wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:59 am

I am waiting for my daughter’s passport. It’s been 6 weeks now. Called them 3 times, was on webchat with them twice, sent 2 emails. I was only told passport application is with the checker at this stage.

satishD
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by satishD » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:23 am

Hi Could I know what is the web chat link? this number is 353 (0)62 32500 un believable. if ringing after some time getting tone as "this number not recognised please check the number" . every one having the same issue?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 am

satishD wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:23 am
Hi Could I know what is the web chat link? this number is 353 (0)62 32500 un believable. if ringing after some time getting tone as "this number not recognised please check the number" . every one having the same issue?
There’s no web chat. The other person got confused with the passport application. You just have to call that number.

satishD
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by satishD » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:38 am

Thank you

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 am

We got through on call today after trying on and off for last month.

The response was standard: "Application is in process and you will hear from us if there is any update."

17 months of waiting and still no update. I guess the wait will keep continuing! :roll:

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 pm

I was having the same issue a while back. I couldnt get through on phone and my emails went unanswered. I resorted to sending them a letter with my specific questions and addressed it to the lady on one of the letters I had received (the one asking to pay 950e etc). I got a written response in the mail 3 weeks later.