ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Application Query

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm
Hello,

Thank you everyone who responded to my queries promptly. I've successfully applied MN1 for my child. May I know what happens next? Her visa expires 28 May. Can we travel with the British Citizenship Certificate? or should I wait and apply for BP and then travel?

Much appreciate for replies.

Best Regards
You cant travel without a BP. You can opt for fast track in urgency. MN1 timelines differ case to case. My daughter received that in around 28 days.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nikhpm
Newly Registered

Post by nikhpm » Thu May 23, 2019 1:59 pm

nikhpm wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm
Hi,

Need an urgent Guidance on Professional referee for Child Form MN1 Online.

My son's teacher has agreed to be a referee however she is not willing to share the personal Details like Passport Number & Date of Birth.

On the online application form there is an option to skip the Passport Number by clicking option is the referee British citizen No, however i can move forward with out entering the Date of Birth.

Anyone came across this issue and what is the solutions.

many thanks npm.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Hello,

Thank you everyone who responded to my queries promptly. I've successfully applied MN1 for my child. May I know what happens next? Her visa expires 28 May. Can we travel with the British Citizenship Certificate? or should I wait and apply for BP and then travel?

Best Regards
You cant travel without a BP. You can opt for fast track in urgency. MN1 timelines differ case to case. My daughter received that in around 28 days.
Dear Tier11417, Thank you for all your responses so far. Well, as you said earlier I can apply for BP for my child anytime I wish. So you saying my child can't travel without BP. She is having Indian passport right now. Still British Citizenship Certificate has not arrived. Once arrived is that possible to travel with that? Or apply for OCI and once approved can she travel? I'm more confused.

Please help. Thanks once again.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Hello,

Best Regards
Dear Tier11417, Thank you for all your responses so far. Well, as you said earlier I can apply for BP for my child anytime I wish. So you saying my child can't travel without BP. She is having Indian passport right now. Still British Citizenship Certificate has not arrived. Once arrived is that possible to travel with that? Or apply for OCI and once approved can she travel? I'm more confused.

Please help. Thanks once again.
Not sure about that. Wait for someone else to respond to this.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 pm

A citizenship certificate is not a travel document.

You either need to apply for a British passport or if British cert issued, a certificate of entitlement to right of abode in the Indian passport.

Note that a voluntary registration as British could cause the automatic loss of Indian citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Dear Moderator,

I have 2 questions.

1. Is anywhere I can track my daughters MN1 application applied on mid of May.
2. Once my child gets BC certificate, how much it cost for applying BP?

Much appreciate who ever replies. Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:27 pm
Dear Moderator,

I have 2 questions.

1. Is anywhere I can track my daughters MN1 application applied on mid of May.
2. Once my child gets BC certificate, how much it cost for applying BP?

Much appreciate who ever replies. Thanks in advance.
1) No
2) https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Dear Tier11417,

Thank you for your continuous support and thank you for all the moderators who are supporting me since beginning.

I've now received my child's BC certificate today. Can you please guide me how to apply for my child's first BP.

1. Is this updated and correct link where I'm applying? If not please correct.
https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport

2. Is my office colleague(personal friend) can confirm my child’s identity? He knows my child since birth.

Best Regards

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Much appreciate if any available moderators answer to my previous post questions.

Thanks in advance. Good day.!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:18 pm
Dear Tier11417,

Thank you for your continuous support and thank you for all the moderators who are supporting me since beginning.

I've now received my child's BC certificate today. Can you please guide me how to apply for my child's first BP.

2. Is my office colleague(personal friend) can confirm my child’s identity? He knows my child since birth.

Best Regards
1) Simple google search will answer this. I have already answered this in a previous post.
2) Yes

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:18 am

God bless you Tier11417. Thank you. Good day.!!

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Dear Moderators,

I have started applying BP application for my child. When I upload the digital photo, the above head is slightly hiding. I can see enough space when I open in normal Jpeg format. Also, when I check with the photo studio, they told me this is the standard UK passport size photo and can't edit. I'm little bit worried about my little child's BP application may get rejected because of this... Any advice/solution much much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Child's First BP

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi/Hello,

I'm filling online application on behalf of my child's first BP. Following are my doubts.

Applicant’s documents
Send the following:
1. naturalisation or registration certificate - Clear
2. any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled - Clear
3. any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements) -
Not clear. What they mean parental responsibility? Is that marriage certificate?

If you don’t have parental responsibility, also send the following:
a signed and dated letter from the mother (or other person with parental responsibility) giving consent for the issue of the child’s new passport - What does it mean? Where can I find the consent form?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm

It is the birth certificate
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Than you for your reply Zimba.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:25 pm
Jack&Jill wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:18 pm
Dear Tier11417,

Best Regards
1) Simple google search will answer this. I have already answered this in a previous post.
2) Yes
Hi Tier11417,

You replied yes for 2nd question. My colleague tried to confirm child's identity online today but they does not meet the criteria to confirm the identity. I dont know why they can't confirm. In which way they can't meet the criteria? It's strange. They already gave reference during MN1 application and it was succeeded. Is that the reason?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Hi Tier11417,

You replied yes for 2nd question. My colleague tried to confirm child's identity online today but they does not meet the criteria to confirm the identity. I dont know why they can't confirm. In which way they can't meet the criteria? It's strange. They already gave reference during MN1 application and it was succeeded. Is that the reason?
The referee must be a professional per the HMPO requirements. It cannot be a just a friend. All three conditions need to be met and HMPO obviously feel they don't.
Who can sign your form and photo
Your countersignatory must:

*have known you (or the adult who signed the form if the passport is for a child under 16) for at least 2 years
*be able to identify you, for example they’re a friend, neighbour or colleague (not just someone who knows you professionally)
*be ‘a person of good standing in their community’ or work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession
https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passp ... ignatories
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.