ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children born out uk from british overseas parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jacky1963
Newly Registered
Iran

Children born out uk from british overseas parents

Post by Jacky1963 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:50 am

I need some information about what should i do to get a british overseas citizen passport for my children

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Children born out uk from british overseas parents

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:53 am

British overseas citizen is a specific sub section of the nationality law and has limitations on living in the UK.

What is the exact status of the parents and how did they obtain it?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Children born out uk from british overseas parents

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm

As CR001 has mentioned above, "British Overseas Citizen" has a specific meaning in law and does not mean British citizens living abroad.

Are either parent of the children a "British Citizen" living abroad or are they "British Overseas Citizen"? Their specific status (whether they are a "British Citizen" or a "British Overseas Citizen") will be listed in their (the parent's) British passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.