ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

British citizenship need help please

Post by Hwha11 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:19 am

Hi guys , all gurus here are doing marvellous job
I have been instructed by CR001 to post this query in British citizenship sub forum .
Sorry for late reply got my PR just few days before court hearing and letter states I had acquired PR status from June 2012 when I got married however I got visa in march 2014
Now I need guidence from u guys about this :
I came as student in 2010
Married June 2012
Student visa was expiring august 2012
RC was applied June 2012
I was in legal status when I got married and apply RC via solicitor got acknowledged letter after few weeks and then nothing ... till December 2012
I asked my solicitor why still no decision he said it can up to 1 year for decision these days .
In march or April 2012 I contacted other solicitor ,so my other solicitor contacted home office about my case and HO replied that my case was refused because HO asked my previous solicitor to sent more bank statement and when HO didn't get statements they refused and sent back all documents with my and my wife passports
Sorry it's long story in short I did complain of previous solicitor to Law society .we never got our passports back with documents from previous solicitor complaint to law society ended up with that they did not get enough proves against solicitor because to us solicitor was saying ur case still in HO and to law society he said he returned us all documents .anyway I did apply again with wife EU I'd card and without my passport and we both attended four hours HO interview in Liverpool then got visa in march 2014 . My question is was I overstayed before I got RC in 2014 even though I married and applied RC in my legal status in 2012 ?
Can I apply now citizenship or i need to complete 10 years legal process of good character ?
Please gurus need help like u guided me before
Sorry for long story .

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship need help please

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 am
My question is was I overstayed before I got RC in 2014 even though I married and applied RC in my legal status in 2012 ?
No.
Can I apply now citizenship or i need to complete 10 years legal process of good character ?
If you meet the requirements you can apply. You should ask your British citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum please.

british-citizenship/
Hwha11 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:10 am
Thanks u sir CR001 , it means after marriage with EU citizen before expiring my visa I was in legal status and didn't break immigration law and it's not make issue that I got RC after 2 years of my marriage ?
Please guide
Sorry again but need ur help
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:24 am

means after marriage with EU citizen before expiring my visa I was in legal status and didn't break immigration law and it's not make issue that I got RC after 2 years of my marriage ?
Correct. As you were married to an EU citizen, your rights are automatic under the EEA regulations and your status remains legal even if your student visa expired and before RC was issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:33 am

Thank u so so much CR001 u r great people
Bless u

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Citizenship application and good character requirement!

Post by Hwha11 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi guys , all gurus here are doing marvellous job
got my PR just few days before court hearing and letter states I had acquired PR status from June 2017 Exactly 5 years of being married however I got visa in march 2014
Now I need guidence from u guys about this :
I came as student in 2010
Married June 2012
Student visa was expiring august 2012
RC was applied July 2012
I was in legal status when I got married and apply RC via solicitor got acknowledged letter after few weeks and then nothing ... till December 2012
I asked my solicitor why still no decision he said it can up to 1 year for decision these days .
In march or April 2013 I contacted other solicitor ,so my other solicitor contacted home office about my case and HO replied that my case was refused because HO asked my previous solicitor to sent more bank statement and when HO didn't get statements they refused and sent back all documents with my and my wife passports
Sorry it's long story in short I did complain of previous solicitor to Law society .we never got our passports back with documents from previous solicitor complaint to law society ended up with that they did not get enough proves against solicitor because to us solicitor was saying ur case still in HO and to law society he said he returned us all documents .anyway I did apply again with wife EU I'd card and without my passport and we both attended four hours HO interview in Liverpool then got visa in march 2014 . My question is was I overstayed before I got RC in 2014 even though I married and applied RC in my legal status in 2012 ?
Please gurus need help like u guided me before
Sorry for long story .

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship application and good character requirement!

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Topics merged.

Your questions were already answered when you posted April!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:20 pm

You are right CR001, but when I sent 1st application in 2012 and before expiring my student visa that application was refused due to insufficient income evidence etc bank statement and my previous solicitor lying with us that ur application still in home office . Because of 1st application refused and 2nd application made about after 20 months do u not think my status was at risk ?? That's confusing for me plz advice
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:24 am
means after marriage with EU citizen before expiring my visa I was in legal status and didn't break immigration law and it's not make issue that I got RC after 2 years of my marriage ?
Correct. As you were married to an EU citizen, your rights are automatic under the EEA regulations and your status remains legal even if your student visa expired and before RC was issued.
Read my advice again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:42 am

Many many thanks , one more thing would u please advice what residency proofs I need for citizenship application and we are separate already .Do I need any document from my wife ? I am asking because she will not give me .
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:12 am

You have to meet the requirements yourself. You are not dependent on a EU ex spouse.

The form will tell you what to send, ie P60s etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Roreu1
Mood:

Post by Roreu1 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:23 am

Hey and what about me my student visa is curtailed in 20 August 2012 and 16 Oct 2012 I got married for my ex Eu wife and apply in December 2012 know story short I have pr in 2017.can I apply British nationality? Is nearly 2 month gap for curtailment and my marriage plz let me know thx u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 am

Roreu1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:23 am
Hey and what about me my student visa is curtailed in 20 August 2012 and 16 Oct 2012 I got married for my ex Eu wife and apply in December 2012 know story short I have pr in 2017.can I apply British nationality? Is nearly 2 month gap for curtailment and my marriage plz let me know thx u
Please continue in your own topic you already have, instead of tagging onto other members threads. advice has been given to your question!!

british-citizenship/curtailment-and-nat ... l#p1770167
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:06 pm

You said I will not need any document from my ex EU wife , as I said we are separated not divorce yet .Do u think still I don't need any id or other document from my Wife for my citizenship application ? Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:16 pm

If your wife is NOT a British citizen, then no you don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Thanks for ur kind reply , if HO do not grant me citizenship and I have to have wait of 10 years period , then
Will I apply for settled status before 31dec 2020 and do I need any document from my wife to apply for settled status ?
And if my wife become BC before me and we divorce in future , and I apply BC in 2022 as after completing 10 years so in that case will I need ID from my wife ?
Please I am considered all options , I will apply BC soon but I am just worrying for alternatives if I do not get BC ,thanks in advance

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi gurus
I am still waiting ur valuable advice ..
also I was filling online citizenship application form and there was question married or separated .we are separated now should I select separated or married ? We still not divorced.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Hwha11 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm
Hi gurus
I am still waiting ur valuable advice ..
also I was filling online citizenship application form and there was question married or separated .we are separated now should I select separated or married ? We still not divorced.
"Married" is the answer until you are fully divorced. Separated is not a legal status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Thanks , so if I select married do they ask my wife's address because she didn't tell me her new address I know where she's working .what other details of her I need to give so that I may get it ready and ask her .

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:53 pm

For CR001 , can u please give me refebrece of the law for which u answered my query which was
"" means after marriage with EU citizen before expiring my visa I was in legal status and didn't break immigration law and it's not make issue that I got RC after 2 years of my marriage ?
Correct. As you were married to an EU citizen, your rights are automatic under the EEA regulations and your status remains legal even if your student visa expired and before RC was issued. ""
I asked same to two immigration advisor but they both were confused and unabled to answer .they didn't find reference for it .

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi,
I think I was filling citizenship application form for eea nationals having PR .i still not submitted this form .I am non eea family member having PR card can u guys tell me which online form I need to fill , j am confused with " Apply for citizenship if you have 'permanent residence' status " this form
Can u please share link which one I need to fill as non eea family memeber having PR card .
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 pm

There is only ONE form for citizenship, form AN.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks u so much ,bless u

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Hi guys
I am just about to apply citizenship as m already got PR last year dating from 2017, I got married with eu national before expiry of my visa but I applied for 5 years residence permit after 15 months .you guys told me I was not overstayed because I was married to eu national before my visa expiry . Now when I will complete citizenship form online should I explain that I was not overstayed in additional note section in last page of form or case worker will get all details .
Because sometimes case worker don’t bother and refused ,
Hope u get what I want to say
Advice plz
Thanks 🙏

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:42 am

Hwha11 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 pm
Hi guys
I am just about to apply citizenship as m already got PR last year dating from 2017, I got married with eu national before expiry of my visa but I applied for 5 years residence permit after 15 months .you guys told me I was not overstayed because I was married to eu national before my visa expiry . Now when I will complete citizenship form online should I explain that I was not overstayed in additional note section in last page of form or case worker will get all details .
Because sometimes case worker don’t bother and refused ,
Hope u get what I want to say
Advice plz
Thanks 🙏
Hello
Make a statement that you fully pass good character requirement .Mention that your period without leave is counted as legal according to EEA regulations &you also fulfill other requirements so you should be granted citizenship.Hopefully you will be fine.Goodluck.

Hwha11
United Arab Emirates

Post by Hwha11 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks , can u plz write that statement for me I will paste it in there . Also I have filled the form and saved because at end of the form it’s asking these things :
Proof of living in the UK of me ..

My evidence of identity ...

And what I need for proof of incomes for last 5 years as I am self employed now but I can ask hmrc to send my 5 years work history
Please guide thanks