ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leucocephulas1
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by leucocephulas1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Today I received an email from HO asking for my wife ID copy through email. I replied to them explaining that it is not possible for me to get the recent copy of her ID but I do have a previous scan copy of her Passport which I sent them.
after that, I received a call from HO and the person asked me that the passport is expired is it possible to arrange a valid Passport picture. and I explained to him that it is not possible for me because we are separated and she doesn't want to see me at all, I tried everything I could.
then the person said I have to consult my supervisor with this case. it can take a bit longer.

is there anyone who has a similar situation?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

leucocephulas1 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:41 pm
Today I received an email from HO asking for my wife ID copy through email. I replied to them explaining that it is not possible for me to get the recent copy of her ID but I do have a previous scan copy of her Passport which I sent them.
after that, I received a call from HO and the person asked me that the passport is expired is it possible to arrange a valid Passport picture. and I explained to him that it is not possible for me because we are separated and she doesn't want to see me at all, I tried everything I could.
then the person said I have to consult my supervisor with this case. it can take a bit longer.

is there anyone who has a similar situation?

Quite few people didn't send anything after separation / divorce and their settled status approved

eea-route-applications/settled-status-p ... 2-240.html
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:06 pm

Guys interesting fact ... Settled status can be backdated ????

A french guy used to live in the Uk from 2008 - 2014 .. then he left UK for good and came back in 2017 to the UK. He applied for settled status and home office only wanted to give him pre settled status. But he disagreed and send residency proof from 2008 - 2014 and home office accepted it and today he got SETTLED STATUS.
TECHNICALLY he was only eligible for pre settled ...

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 am

Hi everyone, just checking if anyone on a similar situation as far as EEA family members approved and non EEA still waiting!
I had my biometrics meeeting two months ago.
HO requested proof that my wife was a resident, and proof of her ID, sent both via email.
EEA wife and Baby both have their Limited Leave to Remain, rather than pre-settled status.
I am waiting for mine, but haven't heard from them yet.
Called a couple of times, it seems that the caseworker just needs to have another look at it.
Been in the uk for over 4 years.
Tx!
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:34 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:06 pm
Guys interesting fact ... Settled status can be backdated ????

A french guy used to live in the Uk from 2008 - 2014 .. then he left UK for good and came back in 2017 to the UK. He applied for settled status and home office only wanted to give him pre settled status. But he disagreed and send residency proof from 2008 - 2014 and home office accepted it and today he got SETTLED STATUS.
TECHNICALLY he was only eligible for pre settled ...
Yes the 5 years does not have to be continuous 5 years preceding the application. It is stated in the case workers' guidance. As long as it can be proved and 6 months out of any12 months is spent in the UK.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:52 pm

not really it's says

" You must be satisfied that, at the date of application, the applicant is:
• a relevant EEA citizen
• a family member of a relevant EEA citizen

And you must be satisfied that, at the date of application, the applicant has completed a continuous qualifying period of 5 years in any, or any combination of, those categories.

Page 72

Kings1022osas
Newly Registered

Post by Kings1022osas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Am hoping someone can help. I have been in the UK for 6 years now but married to my EU partner for 3years now. Can I apply for a presetlement even thou she is not very keen on applying for a settlement status her self.. will applying alone cause any delays or issues ?

SondraF
Newly Registered

Post by SondraF » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:45 pm

I feel like an idiot that I can't figure this out but...

I (non-EU) and unmarried partner (EU) arrived in January 2014. Got the 6 month FP and then got the 5 year residence card based on our relationship and him exercising rights. However, I only have the paper document (I had requested my passport back), expiring next year, and I do not have a biometric card because it wasn't required/issued at the time.

Now its time to apply for Settled Status. He applied last weekend and received email today that he received Settled Status. I know I can link his number to my application, but I am completely LOST as to what I need to do here, as I cant use the app without the biometric card, and cant do the application online without the card either.

Could someone tell me what steps I need to take? Is it:

1) Go get BRP
2) THEN apply using the app

or is there some other application process where I can book the biometric while applying?

There is like ZERO guidance on this anywhere but it seems like it should be obvious!

ssyed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ssyed » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 pm

hi
i am non- eu spouse of EU national
i have 5 years resident permit stamp on passport which is going to be end in AUG-2020,
Application submited on : 10-june
Biometric done :11-june
COA : 11-JUNE

me and my wife applied at the same day but couldnt linked up my applicaton with her application, today my wife received an email saying she's been given pre-settled status,
when i applied online at the end it said i am eligible for settled status but as far as i know for settled status you have to be 5 years residence in UK, can someone help me with this??

today i had missed calls from witheld number i doubt it was from HO, didnt receive any email from them
what should i do?? should i contact them myself ??

Kings1022osas
Newly Registered

Post by Kings1022osas » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:22 am

ssyed wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 pm
hi
i am non- eu spouse of EU national
i have 5 years resident permit stamp on passport which is going to be end in AUG-2020,
Application submited on : 10-june
Biometric done :11-june
COA : 11-JUNE

me and my wife applied at the same day but couldnt linked up my applicaton with her application, today my wife received an email saying she's been given pre-settled status,
when i applied online at the end it said i am eligible for settled status but as far as i know for settled status you have to be 5 years residence in UK, can someone help me with this??

today i had missed calls from witheld number i doubt it was from HO, didnt receive any email from them
what should i do?? should i contact them myself ??
Yes I think you are correct, the settlement status is reliant on a 5 years continuous living with your EU member.

From what most people have said, at the end of your application, it always suggest to you what status it think you are eligible for but when a caseworker actually gets to look into your application, maybr otherwise. Some also said if you strongly feel you have been in continuous living with your EU partner for 5 years and have paperwork to prove it, then you should argue that you are eligible for a settled status.. The EU settlement scheme resolution centre are quite helpful, you can call them and get more advice and information.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:06 am

SondraF wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:45 pm
or is there some other application process where I can book the biometric while applying?
You chose: "Online and by post" here: https://apply-for-eu-settled-status.hom ... web-or-app insttead of "Android app"
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 am

kamoe wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 am
kamoe wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am
kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 am
If and when I hear anything regarding my application, obviously the very thing I'll do next is post it here.
After exactly 16 weeks from application, yesterday I received a phone call from the Home Office displaying "Private Number". I never answer these kind of calls, so let it go to voicemail. The message said it was regarding my application for the Settlement Scheme, and to please call their resolution center (to the same 0300 number given on the Settlement Scheme web page). It was around 11 AM when I called back, and their welcome voice message said it was a very busy time and if I did not want to wait for a long time, to please call again later.

The resolution center number is a 0300 number, which is not free. I thought... since my previous email communications with the HO have been quite easy and straightforward using their online contact form, I just used that instead of calling back again. I wrote them and said I had received a call, but was unable to take it, and that I was happy to conduct this communication via electronic form, and to please advise how could I be of help, it there was anything else required of me to reach a decision on my case.

That was yesterday, I am awaiting for a reply. I obviously don't expect anything different from the usual: "You are not eligible for Settled Status, we can offer you Pre-Settled Status", which I will accept, not without first letting them know I think it's a waste of time that they call, and make me call back!

Will keep you posted.
Hi everyone. My application is officially on hold after calling back the resolution centre and verbally agreeing to only be considered for Pre-Settled Status. See full update here.
After exactly 5 months after submitting my application, I received confirmation of my Pre-Settled status today. They sent me a 6-page statement explaining that because I had only been issued my first FP in 2016, I was not yet eligible for Settled Status, which... was already an established fact a month ago... so not sure what took them so long. Anyway. Over with.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:25 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 am
kamoe wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 am
kamoe wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am
kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 am
If and when I hear anything regarding my application, obviously the very thing I'll do next is post it here.
After exactly 16 weeks from application, yesterday I received a phone call from the Home Office displaying "Private Number". I never answer these kind of calls, so let it go to voicemail. The message said it was regarding my application for the Settlement Scheme, and to please call their resolution center (to the same 0300 number given on the Settlement Scheme web page). It was around 11 AM when I called back, and their welcome voice message said it was a very busy time and if I did not want to wait for a long time, to please call again later.

The resolution center number is a 0300 number, which is not free. I thought... since my previous email communications with the HO have been quite easy and straightforward using their online contact form, I just used that instead of calling back again. I wrote them and said I had received a call, but was unable to take it, and that I was happy to conduct this communication via electronic form, and to please advise how could I be of help, it there was anything else required of me to reach a decision on my case.

That was yesterday, I am awaiting for a reply. I obviously don't expect anything different from the usual: "You are not eligible for Settled Status, we can offer you Pre-Settled Status", which I will accept, not without first letting them know I think it's a waste of time that they call, and make me call back!

Will keep you posted.
Hi everyone. My application is officially on hold after calling back the resolution centre and verbally agreeing to only be considered for Pre-Settled Status. See full update here.
After exactly 5 months after submitting my application, I received confirmation of my Pre-Settled status today. They sent me a 6-page statement explaining that because I had only been issued my first FP in 2016, I was not yet eligible for Settled Status, which... was already an established fact a month ago... so not sure what took them so long. Anyway. Over with.
Congratulations! Finally! I quess HO decided not to wait until you reach 5 years time as a EU family member and granted you pre-settled status :mrgreen:

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:25 pm
I quess HO decided not to wait until you reach 5 years time as a EU family member and granted you pre-settled status :mrgreen:
Yeah, not sur ethat was even ever their intention. Anyway. Over.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:42 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Romy88 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:25 pm
I quess HO decided not to wait until you reach 5 years time as a EU family member and granted you pre-settled status :mrgreen:
Seems you have a misunderstanding: The 5-year requirement as EU Family member, or EU citizen, is a requisite for Settled Status. If you have less than that, be it a few months, or 1, 2, 3, 4 years, you get Pre-Settled Status, which is what I got, no mystery or surprise.

Imagine if people had to wait 5 years only to get Pre-Settled Status!!! I wonder why you think that?

So the HO have not decided to change their minds at all, they gave me what we knew they would give me all along. Hence my big question: What took them so long?
I was joking :)
My son who is EU still waiting for outcome (three months already).
I do not know the answer why it took them 5 MONTHS as it was obvious at the beginning about your pre-settled status.