ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with a question on my set(o) form please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Need help with a question on my set(o) form please

Post by LuckyGirl » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Dear all
Could you kindly help me to answer the following:
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?

I first came to the uk in june 2014 and when my tier 2 dependant visa expired in september 2018 i applied for an extension and got new brp valid until 2021. What would be the answer here please?

Many thanks for your help and efforts

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Need help with a question on my set(o) form please

Post by aman90 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:53 pm

LuckyGirl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm
Dear all
Could you kindly help me to answer the following:
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?

I first came to the uk in june 2014 and when my tier 2 dependant visa expired in september 2018 i applied for an extension and got new brp valid until 2021. What would be the answer here please?

Many thanks for your help and efforts
You got extension after 11th jan 2018 so YES.

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by LuckyGirl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Thank you for your response Aman90 :) sorry I can’t see your name as a moderator, so Can I please ask you if you dealt with this question before? And was your application approved already?
Many thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:22 pm

LuckyGirl wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:13 pm
Thank you for your response Aman90 :) sorry I can’t see your name as a moderator, so Can I please ask you if tou dealt with this question before? And was your application approves already?
Many thanks again
You have been given the correct advice, not sure why you are questioning it. The form clearly asks if you have a visa issued on or after 11 January 2018 which you have if you got a visa in September 2018.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by LuckyGirl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:22 pm
LuckyGirl wrote:
Thank you for your response Aman90 :) sorry I can’t see your name as a moderator, so Can I please ask you if tou dealt with this question before? And was your application approves already?
Many thanks again
You have been given the correct advice, not sure why you are questioning it. The form clearly asks if you have a visa issued on or after 11 January 2018 which you have if you got a visa in September 2018.
Many thanks for confirming CR001! The answer really made sense to me, and that was how I answered :) but I just wanted to be confident before submitting my application.
My best wishes to you and the team may you all be blessed for your amazing help.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

LuckyGirl wrote:
Thank you for your response Aman90 :) sorry I can’t see your name as a moderator, so Can I please ask you if you dealt with this question before? And was your application approved already?
Many thanks again
Not a moderator but I can still comprehend simple English questions 😂

LuckyGirl
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by LuckyGirl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:48 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm
LuckyGirl wrote:
Many thanks again
Not a moderator but I can still comprehend simple English questions 😂
What are you implying? there is no harm in double checking, as a friend of mine was confident that this should be a No because a visa extension is not a new granted leave but just an extension for my original leave in 2014. So it’s not like I don’t understand “a simple english question”, it’s about the home office jargon and what they exactly mean here.