ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manitops

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by manitops » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:29 am

Applied for ILR Route : SET M, Spouse visa, Super Priority
Date application sent :2nd June 2019
Biometric :Next day Appointment at the London premium lounge
Date Biometrics Enrolled :3rd June 2019
Complex Letter received : 4th June 2019
First escalation done via phone : 03001232241
Also contacted MP and escalated

Thank you for your Super Priority Application.

We have attempted to process your application within the 24-hour service standard, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 24-hour target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

tabimia
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabimia » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Applied SET LR on 31st May online around 12 AM. There wasn't any free appointment available the next two weeks so I decided to book an out of hour appointment for 4th May at Croydon. My appointment was at 8:30 am but I reached there around 8 and they let me in straight away. I had my documents uploaded already so it took only about half hour to complete everything. I went home and within three hours got the email from UKVI that my application has been granted.

Those who are going to apply SET LR soon I suggest submit only mandatory documents (All passports, BRP, Language certificate and Life in the UK), do not submit any other documents unless you're asked to.

Thank you everyone who put valuable input in this forum, without your help it would have not been easy.

manitops

Post by manitops » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:51 am

Hello tier21419

what was the email domain on the case worker that contacted you?

is it @hmpo.gov.uk or @homeoffice.gov.uk

Thanks
tier21419 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:10 pm
Update after receiving "Exceptionally Complex Issues" letter
Here is my journey after receiving exceptionally complex letter.
1/03/2019: Submitted my super-priority application based on completing 5 years (-28 days) on tier 2.
11/03/2019: Attended biometric appointment at Cardiff UKVCAS center, paid £100 to get this appointment.
12/03/2019: Within 24 hours, I received an email that my application has raised exceptionally complex issues and would require further time to thoroughly consider my case….
The email was from the case worker’s personal work email address (which was a kind of blessing, as I was able to contact him/her)
I never thought that I would receive this letter. To me, my application was very straight forward i.e. with same employer, I was exempted from salary requirements, never had any problems in the last 10 years wrt immigration, etc. That letter was very unexpected to me.
12/03/2019: I replied to the case worker thanking for the email, and asking if he/she would need any documents from myself or my sponsor that could help in making the decision. I also asked if the case worker could please kindly elaborate on what complex issues have been raised and how long it will take to get a decision?
12/03/2019: The case worker replied that there is nothing to worry, they need to check something with another department but don’t know the time scale.
This means I was stuck as don’t know what next to expect and when I will be hearing anything back from the HO.
17.04.2019: received an email from the case worker to confirm that my application for leave has now been granted (YESSSS!!!)
18.04.2019: Received a letter, which is about the BRP (e.g. I will receive the BRP within 7 working days and what to do if I don’t). Nothing about the decision, it is also mentioned that I have to return my previous BRP.
23.04.2019: Received BRP. Contacted DX many times to find if they have some letter for me but they said nothing, then there was the Easter break. I contacted DX again today and they said it will be delivered today.

In my case, I don’t know which department was involved but I was in touch with my caseworker, who was very kind to reply (sometimes :) ) It looks like UKVI does not bother once it sends out such letters and the case might end up in the awaiting cases queue. But I sent email to the caseworker asking for urgent considerations as I have travel plans to attend meetings. I believe this escalated the process as the caseworker contacted his/her line manager to chase up with the other department (from which they were awaiting a further response).

I was not able to contact using the telephone service and in those 5 weeks I never stopped thinking about it e.g. what could be wrong, did I miss something in the application (went over the application so many times to make sure everything is correct). My friends and relatives suggested not to contact the HO and MP as this will frustrate them and may make a wrong decision, but my anxiety did not stop me from contacting them :) I have not contacted my Mp though. Throughout this time, I was checking my work status on the website. The website was down when I received the email so could not check the status. A very stressful journey came to a good end.

I don't think I will be able to claim back super-priority fees as HO covered themselves by sending that complex issues letter.

I wish you all the best with your applications!

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:41 pm

manitops wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:51 am
Hello tier21419

what was the email domain on the case worker that contacted you?

is it @hmpo.gov.uk or @homeoffice.gov.uk

Thanks
tier21419 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:10 pm
Update after receiving "Exceptionally Complex Issues" letter
Here is my journey after receiving exceptionally complex letter.
1/03/2019: Submitted my super-priority application based on completing 5 years (-28 days) on tier 2.
11/03/2019: Attended biometric appointment at Cardiff UKVCAS center, paid £100 to get this appointment.
12/03/2019: Within 24 hours, I received an email that my application has raised exceptionally complex issues and would require further time to thoroughly consider my case….
The email was from the case worker’s personal work email address (which was a kind of blessing, as I was able to contact him/her)
I never thought that I would receive this letter. To me, my application was very straight forward i.e. with same employer, I was exempted from salary requirements, never had any problems in the last 10 years wrt immigration, etc. That letter was very unexpected to me.
12/03/2019: I replied to the case worker thanking for the email, and asking if he/she would need any documents from myself or my sponsor that could help in making the decision. I also asked if the case worker could please kindly elaborate on what complex issues have been raised and how long it will take to get a decision?
12/03/2019: The case worker replied that there is nothing to worry, they need to check something with another department but don’t know the time scale.
This means I was stuck as don’t know what next to expect and when I will be hearing anything back from the HO.
17.04.2019: received an email from the case worker to confirm that my application for leave has now been granted (YESSSS!!!)
18.04.2019: Received a letter, which is about the BRP (e.g. I will receive the BRP within 7 working days and what to do if I don’t). Nothing about the decision, it is also mentioned that I have to return my previous BRP.
23.04.2019: Received BRP. Contacted DX many times to find if they have some letter for me but they said nothing, then there was the Easter break. I contacted DX again today and they said it will be delivered today.

In my case, I don’t know which department was involved but I was in touch with my caseworker, who was very kind to reply (sometimes :) ) It looks like UKVI does not bother once it sends out such letters and the case might end up in the awaiting cases queue. But I sent email to the caseworker asking for urgent considerations as I have travel plans to attend meetings. I believe this escalated the process as the caseworker contacted his/her line manager to chase up with the other department (from which they were awaiting a further response).

I was not able to contact using the telephone service and in those 5 weeks I never stopped thinking about it e.g. what could be wrong, did I miss something in the application (went over the application so many times to make sure everything is correct). My friends and relatives suggested not to contact the HO and MP as this will frustrate them and may make a wrong decision, but my anxiety did not stop me from contacting them :) I have not contacted my Mp though. Throughout this time, I was checking my work status on the website. The website was down when I received the email so could not check the status. A very stressful journey came to a good end.

I don't think I will be able to claim back super-priority fees as HO covered themselves by sending that complex issues letter.

I wish you all the best with your applications!
It was homeoffice.gov.uk

Victorias999
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Victorias999 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Gave biometrics this Saturday 8/6 for ILR from Tier 2. Not received any emails or letters today. Given that I applied on a Saturday are my biometrics considered to have been given today (Monday)? Right to work website still shows my Tier 2. Need to travel on 20 June and really need my decision. :(. Reading about all these delays is freaking me out.

manitops

Post by manitops » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:41 pm

It was homeoffice.gov.uk
please can you PM me the contact person you used as I have written the UKVI SETM email and no response after multiple emails

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm

manitops wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 pm
tier21419 wrote:

It was homeoffice.gov.uk
please can you PM me the contact person you used as I have written the UKVI SETM email and no response after multiple emails
You do not have pm access as a newly registered user.

Also note that your case worker might be a completely different caseworker to the other user.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manitops

Post by manitops » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Hello CR001,

How long do I have to be registered to get PM access, or what are the requirements

Thanks
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm
manitops wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 pm
tier21419 wrote:

It was homeoffice.gov.uk
You do not have pm access as a newly registered user.

Also note that your case worker might be a completely different caseworker to the other user.

manitops

Post by manitops » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:38 pm

I called UKVI 0300 123 2241 today and they informed me the first escalation didn't go through and not sure why that happened. The lady on the phone seems to already have all my details automatically and said she will send the escalation again. Told me to wait another 5 working days :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm

manitops wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:36 pm
Hello CR001,

How long do I have to be registered to get PM access, or what are the requirements

Thanks
30 genuine posts on the forum. Any spam or padding posts or nonsense posts will be removed. PM function is also a privilege and if abused will be removed from a members profile permanently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manitops

Post by manitops » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks. Although not ideal for a new member trying to get help
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm
manitops wrote:
Hello CR001,

Thanks
30 genuine posts on the forum. Any spam or padding posts or nonsense posts will be removed. PM function is also a privilege and if abused will be removed from a members profile permanently.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:06 pm

manitops wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:05 pm
Thanks. Although not ideal for a new member trying to get help
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm
manitops wrote:
Hello CR001,

Thanks
Members should post in public so that all can offer advice. If everyone had pm from day one and used that to spam members for advice what would the point be of the forum to help everyone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rambo786
Newly Registered

Post by Rambo786 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:50 am

Hello,

I am going to start my Further leave to remain application (spouse) soon. My BRP expires on July 20th, i believe its 28 days before that i can apply. I will definitely look to use the super priority service to speed the process up hopefully.

Does anyone know if i can complete the online part earlier please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:08 am

Rambo786 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:50 am
Hello,

I am going to start my Further leave to remain application (spouse) soon. My BRP expires on July 20th, i believe its 28 days before that i can apply. I will definitely look to use the super priority service to speed the process up hopefully.

Does anyone know if i can complete the online part earlier please?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online, so don't apply before the within 28 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

persik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by persik » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:55 pm

Hello

People who received 'Please await the receipt of this letter and follow the instructions provided' - could you please kindly let me know what the outcome was?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 pm

persik wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:55 pm
Hello

People who received 'Please await the receipt of this letter and follow the instructions provided' - could you please kindly let me know what the outcome was?

Thank you in advance.
Useful to state what you have applied for and what your UK immigration history is as this topic covers all visa application categories!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

persik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by persik » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 pm
persik wrote:
Hello

Thank you in advance.
Useful to state what you have applied for and what your UK immigration history is as this topic covers all visa application categories!!!
I am very sorry - I am new to this forum.
I applied for ILR (M), spouse of a British citizen but have been in the UK since 2006 on various visas (student, work). I applied on 12 May (biometrics done one 16 May) via Super Priority. I used lawyers for my application so I am fairly confident that we submitted all the information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:07 am

persik wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:09 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 pm
persik wrote:
Hello

Thank you in advance.
I am very sorry - I am new to this forum.
I applied for ILR (M), spouse of a British citizen but have been in the UK since 2006 on various visas (student, work). I applied on 12 May (biometrics done one 16 May) via Super Priority. I used lawyers for my application so I am fairly confident that we submitted all the information.
What visas have you held exactly and the dates of each?

Do meet the financial, English and liuk equirements for set m ilr?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

persik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by persik » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was on a spouse visa for 5 years and applied the day before it expired so I meet the 60 months requirement. I met the financial requirements (both me and my husband earn above the set limit) and I have an English degree.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:23 am

persik wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am

I was on a spouse visa for 5 years and applied the day before it expired so I meet the 60 months requirement. I met the financial requirements (both me and my husband earn above the set limit) and I have an English degree.
[/quote]
Did you submit the Life in the UK test certificate??

Not sure why you won't post the full UK immigration history as has been requested :?: :?:

Did you switch to a spouse visa within the UK or from abroad?

What date was your spouse visa granted if you applied in the UK?

If you applied from abroad, what date did you enter the UK on your spouse visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

wildfireandhorses
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by wildfireandhorses » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 am

Below is my journey following application for ilr using the super priority service.

Application Type: SET(O) based on 10 year long residency
04/02/2019; Online application submitted
18/02/2019: Biometrics appointment
19/02/2019: Contacted HO and was told to wait 5 working days to get a decision
26/02/2019: Contacted HO and was told my case has been escalated with the case worker
28/02/2019: Email received from HO stating a letter has been sent in the post
05/03/2019: Letter (backdated to 18/02/2019) of refusal received from HO alleging a break in my lawful residency 7 years ago following an appeal after visa refusal. They offered to give me a 30 months visa instead asking I pay £1000 NHS surcharge by 08/03/2019 or I'd lose out on my application fee. I suspect the backdating was done to get around refunding the priority fee.
15/03/2019: Pre Action Protocol letter sent to HO by my lawyer disputing the alleged break in lawful residency with proof of appeal process followed 7 years ago covered under section 3c of the immigration Act 1971 which accompanied my initial application. My lawyer requested the HO refund the super priority fee and respond to the letter within 2 weeks of receipt.
27/03/2019: HO responds to Pre Action Protocol letter standing by their decision to refuse ilr. They agree to refund the super priority fee. My lawyer advises me that taking the HO to court will likely result in a resolve in my favour but there is no certainty as to when this might be resolved and the costs associated with it are quite high. He advises me to reapply as a spouse of a British citizen.

Application Type: SET(M) based on 5 years spousal visa married to a British citizen
09/05/2019: Online application submitted
We are both self employed as I have a business which me and my husband work for. All self employment documentation as requested by the HO was provided.
06/06/2019: Biometrics appointment (this was the earliest available date)
07/06/2019: Contacted HO and was told to wait 5 working days to get a decision
13/06/2019: Contacted HO (10:45 am) and was told my case has been escalated with the case worker. My lawyer also contacted the HO and received an email at 11:30 am stating they needed more time to decide my case as it raises "exceptionally complex issues". My lawyer chases up asking how much time they need to decide and if they require additional documentation. Three hours later, around 2:25pm, I receive an email from the HO with my lawyer copied in saying they're pleased to let me know my ilr has been granted. They provided the postal tracking number for my biometric card and apologised for not deciding within 24 hours stating they will refund the £800 super priority fee.

Basically, yesterday was a rollercoaster.

All the best to everyone else waiting.

persik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by persik » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:23 am
persik wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am

Did you submit the Life in the UK test certificate??

Not sure why you won't post the full UK immigration history as has been requested :?: :?:

Did you switch to a spouse visa within the UK or from abroad?

What date was your spouse visa granted if you applied in the UK?

If you applied from abroad, what date did you enter the UK on your spouse visa??
[/quote]

I already said that I applied from the UK after being married to a Brit for 5 years and being on a spouse visa for 60 months, not sure why exact dates are needed, as I just wanted to find out what was the outcome for people who received a similar response email as I did, as they have not stated it on the forum.
I obviously included Life in the UK test - I used professional immigration lawyers for my application and they checked all the documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:33 am

persik wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:25 am
I already said that I applied from the UK after being married to a Brit for 5 years and being on a spouse visa for 60 months, not sure why exact dates are needed, as I just wanted to find out what was the outcome for people who received a similar response email as I did, as they have not stated it on the forum.
I obviously included Life in the UK test - I used professional immigration lawyers for my application and they checked all the documents.
You have chosen to post very limited information on a public immigration forum where we are all strangers. Asking the questions that have been asked are to established your history and if their might be any issues, so that we can offer any constructive advice. Specifically, dates are really important when asking strangers for any guidance.

The email you have received has been received by many, and often means ILR is refused and Limited Leave to Remain offered for a further 30 months and you would be asked to pay £1000 IHS, due to failing to meet even one requirement of the Appendix FM immigration rules, if you have applied on SET(M) having held a spouse of British citizen visa.

How have you met the financial requirement : salaried employment, self employment etc???

What evidence for financial requirement did you submit?

Note also that using a lawyer does not guarantee anything nor does it mean they necessarily know all the rules. Many have been refused visa/ILR applications using 'professionals' who got it horribly wrong and even using the wrong form like form Set M if the person held a PBS Dependent visa for 5 years for example.

Another recent ILR refusal was due to a member applying on Set M after 5 years on an EEA family member Residence Card due to applying on the wrong form and not qualifying for ILR on Set M under Appendix FM.

Perhaps now you might understand why we ask for clarity and history to assist members who post vague information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

manitops

Post by manitops » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 pm

please how did you contact the home office.

The call centre is not helpful and all they tell me is it has been escalated wait for 5 days, after 5 days I called again and it is the same thing

please can you tell me the contact information you used

wildfireandhorses wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 am
Below is my journey following application for ilr using the super priority service.

Application Type: SET(O) based on 10 year long residency
04/02/2019; Online application submitted
18/02/2019: Biometrics appointment
19/02/2019: Contacted HO and was told to wait 5 working days to get a decision
26/02/2019: Contacted HO and was told my case has been escalated with the case worker
28/02/2019: Email received from HO stating a letter has been sent in the post
05/03/2019: Letter (backdated to 18/02/2019) of refusal received from HO alleging a break in my lawful residency 7 years ago following an appeal after visa refusal. They offered to give me a 30 months visa instead asking I pay £1000 NHS surcharge by 08/03/2019 or I'd lose out on my application fee. I suspect the backdating was done to get around refunding the priority fee.
15/03/2019: Pre Action Protocol letter sent to HO by my lawyer disputing the alleged break in lawful residency with proof of appeal process followed 7 years ago covered under section 3c of the immigration Act 1971 which accompanied my initial application. My lawyer requested the HO refund the super priority fee and respond to the letter within 2 weeks of receipt.
27/03/2019: HO responds to Pre Action Protocol letter standing by their decision to refuse ilr. They agree to refund the super priority fee. My lawyer advises me that taking the HO to court will likely result in a resolve in my favour but there is no certainty as to when this might be resolved and the costs associated with it are quite high. He advises me to reapply as a spouse of a British citizen.

Application Type: SET(M) based on 5 years spousal visa married to a British citizen
09/05/2019: Online application submitted
We are both self employed as I have a business which me and my husband work for. All self employment documentation as requested by the HO was provided.
06/06/2019: Biometrics appointment (this was the earliest available date)
07/06/2019: Contacted HO and was told to wait 5 working days to get a decision
13/06/2019: Contacted HO (10:45 am) and was told my case has been escalated with the case worker. My lawyer also contacted the HO and received an email at 11:30 am stating they needed more time to decide my case as it raises "exceptionally complex issues". My lawyer chases up asking how much time they need to decide and if they require additional documentation. Three hours later, around 2:25pm, I receive an email from the HO with my lawyer copied in saying they're pleased to let me know my ilr has been granted. They provided the postal tracking number for my biometric card and apologised for not deciding within 24 hours stating they will refund the £800 super priority fee.

Basically, yesterday was a rollercoaster.

All the best to everyone else waiting.

Dokidoki
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Dokidoki » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 am

Hi all, just received this email this morning. Wht does it mean? Is there any chance to know whther my application successful from this email?

The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  GWFXXX  was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 6/17/2019 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.