ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Providing evidence that I am allowed to be in France.

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Goobatron
Newly Registered
Australia

Providing evidence that I am allowed to be in France.

Post by Goobatron » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 am

Hi guys, really lost on what to do. I have an appointment on the 24th in France where I need to supply my documentation for the Youth Mobility Scheme Visa. They are asking me for evidence that proves that I am allowed to be in France. I don't have any evidence aside from a stamp in my passport from the French border control authorities. I am an Australian citizen and as such can be in France for 3 months without a Visa. French immigration officers won't speak to me and I sent an email to UK immigration which cost 5 pound and they simply responded by saying that they won't help with individual Visa applications (what a scam!). Aside from printing out the French immigration page that states Australians do not require a Visa for 3 months and scanning my passport stamp, I can't find a way to get anything more official than that. Even the Australian embassy said that would be my only option. Will that be enough evidence as far as British immigration officers are concerned to approve my Visa?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Providing evidence that I am allowed to be in France.

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 am

Goobatron wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 am
Will that be enough evidence as far as British immigration officers are concerned to approve my Visa?
No. You appear to have wrongly believed or been wrongly advised that you can apply in France.

You can only apply for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa in your home country or in another country where you have permission to live for more than six months. Visiting for a maximum 3 months would not meet this requirement.

Paragraph 28A(b) of the immigration rules is clear about this:

An application for entry clearance as a ... Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Temporary Migrant may ... be made at the post in the country or territory where the applicant is situated at the time of the application, provided that:
(i) the post has been designated by the Secretary of State to accept applications for entry clearance for that purpose and from that category of applicant, and
(ii) the applicant is able to demonstrate to the Entry Clearance Officer that he has authority to be living in that country or territory in accordance with its immigration laws and that when he was given authority to live in that country or territory he was given authority to live in that country or territory for a period of more than 6 months. Those applicants who are known to the authorities of that country or territory but who have not been given permission to live in that country or territory will not be eligible to make an application.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

The Station Agent

Re: Providing evidence that I am allowed to be in France.

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Generally you can't apply for a UK work visa in a country where you're simply a visitor. You'd need to apply from your home country, I'm afraid.