ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen Certificate Details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alexbran89
Romania

British Citizen Certificate Details

Post by alexbran89 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi all,

No sure if this been posted or not, tried to find out the same topic but no luck so apologise.
I have received my citizenship invitation and I’ve booked my ceremony also however when I checked my details on the application I’ve noticed they’ve spelt my place of birth wrong , basically they added one “r” by mistake I suppose.
I understand I have to send the certificate back to HO once I’ve attended the ceremony but can anyone let me know in more details on how do I do it etc.
Also I understand I can’t apply for a passport now until I get the correct certificate back from HO ?

Much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizen Certificate Details

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Why not wait till you attend your ceremony to see if the error is on the certificate. It might not be.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Yes, you need the certificate to apply for a passport, and you need to send your certificate back to Home Office AFTER you have had your ceremony. When you get your ceremony, you’ll receive an envelope with an information booklet in it, which will let you know what to do.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Nerazzuri wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm
..... you need to send your certificate back to Home Office AFTER you have had your ceremony. ......
Why do we have to return the citizenship certificate, isn't it ours to keep as evidence of naturalisation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm
Nerazzuri wrote:
..... you need to send your certificate back to Home Office AFTER you have had your ceremony. ......
Why do we have to return the citizenship certificate, isn't it ours to keep as evidence of naturalisation?
Why don't you read what the user has actually posted and asked to understand why it would need to be sent back FOR CORRECTION!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 am

@CR001 :lol: I am imagining you fuming
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm
hamalt66 wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Why don't you read what the user has actually posted and asked to understand why it would need to be sent back FOR CORRECTION!!!
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:15 am

R-graphite wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 am
@CR001 :lol: I am imagining you fuming
CR001 wrote:
hamalt66 wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Lol, just a bit. It is when certain users (as is the case with this particular one) persistently tag onto other members topics without reading what was asked or understand the circumstances on why something was asked that gets me going!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 am

CR001 wrote:
hamalt66 wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Sorry my bad, I apologise. I didn't read the OP and I misunderstood the quotes in BOLD below, I really thought that we all will get an envelope to return the certificate and for some reason I thought he meant that the certificate was just to apply for the passport. Sorry again!
Nerazzuri wrote:
Yes, you need the certificate to apply for a passport, and you need to send your certificate back to Home Office AFTER you have had your ceremony. When you get your ceremony, you’ll receive an envelope with an information booklet in it, which will let you know what to do.

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Attended my citizenship ceremony today and received my certificate but unfortunately my place of birth is not spelled correctly and they added another letter.
I understand I need to download and fill the RR form with the details required and send the form + naturalisation certificate + passport to one of their offices in Liverpool for correction however could anyone please tell me if I need to send my original passport or just a photocopy of it will do the work ?
Much appreciated