ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help with Pakistan Union Council Issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ihatemygreedyx
Newly Registered

Need Urgent Help with Pakistan Union Council Issue

Post by ihatemygreedyx » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Hello All,

I Married a girl (she devil) in Pakistan in 2000 and in 2003 we divorced in the uk but carried on living together (don't ask me why as me and my therapist are still trying to work it out) as a separate couple till 2004 when I divorced her over the phone by saying Talak 3 times in front of witnesses for both sides (what a magical day that was)

Its know 2019 and I have found a lovely girl (the non greedy, blood sucking type) in Pakistan and was going to marry her a few months ago but then I was told because I had not registered my divorce with the village union council that I would have to register it first and then get married. I then submitted my uk divorce papers with the union council and they said that they will now send a letter to my ex for the next 3 months then after that I will get a certificate that allows me to register my wedding so then I can call my wife over to the uk.

My ex is now in Pakistan on holiday (surprise surprise the greedy she devil is still single) and when she received the first letter from the union council she went to their office and has basically lied and said that we have not divorced the islamic way and that she wants to get back together with me (crazy bi**h must be taking Pakistans finest ganja).

I have to know give my testimony to say that she is talking out her backside as one of the witnesses to the divorce was her own brother. What concerns me is that I have had people tell me that as I am registering with the union council now and not back when I did my divorce in 2004 that I will have to pay her money for all the years that we were separated !!!! Can anyone tell me if this is true or not plssssssssssss ???????????

I was then thinking if in the worst case scenario the union council say I have to give her money (we had no kids and no other property/valuables) then I was thinking that would it be ok for me to call the girl I want to marry over as my fiancé and then get married here because I have legally been divorced in the uk courts but is there anything the union council can do to stop my finance from coming to the uk for her to get married to me here ?

I do not want to give 1 penny to my evil ex so I was thinking at least this way I can get married but it would mean that we will not be able to register our wedding in Pakistan but I can live with that but can the Home Office stop my fiancé coming over even though I have not followed the union councils procedure with my first divorce

Can my ex in ANY way stop my fiancé from coming over ???

Thanks for all of you who have taken the time to read my real life nightmare that I am going through and would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Need Urgent Help with Pakistan Union Council Issue

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 pm

As you said that you have divorced her in UK. If you have decree absolute from UK courts then you are free to marry and if you have divorced her through Islamic way then you have to follow the procedure as you already following.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ihatemygreedyx
Newly Registered

Post by ihatemygreedyx » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Her brother is saying that I need to pay for her for the last 15 years as he does not think we divorced islamically only in uk. Will the union council in Pakistan make me pay for her for the last 15 years even though I have my decree absolute ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:15 am

Why are you bothering with the Islamic Council? They have no jurisdiction in the UK, your are legally divorced in the UK and are completely free to marry again.
Bring your fiancé over on a fiancé visa and get married in the UK. No monies to ex, no nonsense with ex brother in law and what can the Islamic Council do - nothing.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Despite you are free to marry another pakistani girl which means you will still have to maintain your ties with pakistan. Therefore, you still can be subjected to their sharia law where you might have to pay divorce settlement sum to your first wife. I don't think anyone can force you to pay it if you only remain in UK and don't travel there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:21 am

ihatemygreedyx wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 pm
Her brother is saying that I need to pay for her for the last 15 years as he does not think we divorced islamically only in uk. Will the union council in Pakistan make me pay for her for the last 15 years even though I have my decree absolute ?
If you have divorced her from Sharia point of view then she is no longer your wife. Since you divorced her in the UK that sharia divorce will not be accepted in the UK. Hence you need to get decree from UK court to ensure you are free to marry.
As far as concern of 15 years of money I believe the only thing you have to pay her is dowry money or Haq mehr.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 am

sunoo wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:21 am
ihatemygreedyx wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 pm
If you have divorced her from Sharia point of view then she is no longer your wife. Since you divorced her in the UK that sharia divorce will not be accepted in the UK. Hence you need to get decree from UK court to ensure you are free to marry.
As far as concern of 15 years of money I believe the only thing you have to pay her is dowry money or Haq mehr.
User has already stated they are divorced in the UK!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:25 am

sunoo wrote:

Only if you haven't already paid that at the time of marrying as many marriages has such customs.

sunoo

Post by sunoo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:25 am
sunoo wrote:

Only if you haven't already paid that at the time of marrying as many marriages has such customs.
That's correct and in most cases the money is not in significant numbers. Mine was Rs, 50000 and it was paid then and there at the time of Nikah.