ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question for UK absence since January 2018 for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question for UK absence since January 2018 for Spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 am

You need at least 3 different sources in either name or joint names. Note it has to be documents that are in both your names, either jointly or individually, to the same address
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi,

While applying for ILR, I will be submitting my required documents and my family members (wife and daughter) document however my son was born in the UK in 2017 and you advised I need not to add him in ILR application as he is eligible for British Citizen as soon as I get the ILR.

Do I still need to submit a covering letter for my son including his birth certificate, passport copy and BRP? Please advise.

Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:08 pm

viralmehta1 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi,

While applying for ILR, I will be submitting my required documents and my family members (wife and daughter) document however my son was born in the UK in 2017 and you advised I need not to add him in ILR application as he is eligible for British Citizen as soon as I get the ILR.

Do I still need to submit a covering letter for my son including his birth certificate, passport copy and BRP? Please advise.

Many Thanks
V
Cover letter and UK birth certificate is enough.

Most likely, you still will receive an email/post asking about why you did not apply for your son. That is a standard protocol email. Its best to send a cover letter but do not be surprised if you still get an email. Simply reply the same to the email (incase) and it will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:39 pm

Thanks for your reply. really appreciated.

I will attach the cover letter and birth certificate of my son in my ILR application. However, do I need to attach passport scan copy and BRP scan copy? Just in case.

Thanks as always.

Many Thanks
V

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:26 am

viralmehta1 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:39 pm
Thanks for your reply. really appreciated.

I will attach the cover letter and birth certificate of my son in my ILR application. However, do I need to attach passport scan copy and BRP scan copy? Just in case.

Thanks as always.

Many Thanks
V
Not required, but if attaching that gives you peace of mind go for it. That will only be 2 pages.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks for your reply. really appreciate your help.

For my wife's Cohabitation document, I have managed to collect Bank statement, Credit card statement, Driving licence and requested NHS letter. is that sufficient to prove that she is living with me on same address? All the above documents have her full name and address.

Please advise.

Many Thanks
V

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:01 pm

viralmehta1 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:23 am
Thanks for your reply. really appreciate your help.

For my wife's Cohabitation document, I have managed to collect Bank statement, Credit card statement, Driving licence and requested NHS letter. is that sufficient to prove that she is living with me on same address? All the above documents have her full name and address.

Please advise.

Many Thanks
V
You need to cover last two years. 3/4 source of documents covering 2 years. Ideal if you have a few documents in joints names also.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks for your reply. appreciated.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 am

Hi,

I have submitted my ILR application but when uploading my wife's documents it is asking for "proof of application". Do you know what it is? Do I need to upload the application form that I submitted?

So far I have uploaded my wife's passport copy, BRP scan document, Bank documents, NHS documents, licence copy etc. but in the upload document section it is asking "Proof of Application".

Please advise. Your help here would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks V

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:25 am

viralmehta1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 am
Hi,

I have submitted my ILR application but when uploading my wife's documents it is asking for "proof of application". Do you know what it is? Do I need to upload the application form that I submitted?

So far I have uploaded my wife's passport copy, BRP scan document, Bank documents, NHS documents, licence copy etc. but in the upload document section it is asking "Proof of Application".

Please advise. Your help here would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks V
You have to upload current passport copy and consent form in “proof of application.”
If you read closely it says the same.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 am

Thank you for your reply. I will upload the passport copy however for consent form, do I need to submit my consent form which is signed by me? Wife have no joint documents or information in the application but in her documents she has full name which includes my name as middle name. does she required to sign the consent form part2? Please advise.

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my ILR Set (O) application and also uploaded my document. For uploading documents, I would like to know.

1. Under which category I need to upload life in the UK and English language test certificate?
2. For my wife as dependent, in proof of application category I have uploaded her current passport and BRP scan copy. Is that OK?
3. For residence in the UK category for myself, my wife I have uploaded BRP scan copy, NHS copy with address, Licence copy, British Gas bill, council tax bill, EON bill statement etc. Is that correct? if not, what document I need upload?

Please help.

Many Thanks
V

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am

Hi,

I have completed my ILT appointment yesterday morning and I opted for Super Priority Service. I still didnot get reply or decision of my application and it is already 24hrs.

How would I check the status of my ILR application? Is there any contact number where I can call them and ask as already 24hrs completed and bit worried because of no reply or decision yet.

Many Thanks
V

viralmehta1
Mood:
India

Post by viralmehta1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:11 am

Hi,

I have received my ILR last week along with my family. I have a son who was born in the UK however I have to get his Indian passport as we need to travel to India 1.5 year before. I submitted covering letter for my son during ILR application to home office saying I will register him as British Citizen once I get ILR. Home office have read the letter as well and did not ask anything about my son but they acknowledged the covering letter.

Am I still OK to register him as British Citizen since he was born in the UK and even if he has Indian passport?

Your reply on this would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
V

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 am

viralmehta1 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:11 am
Am I still OK to register him as British Citizen since he was born in the UK and even if he has Indian passport?
Please ask your British citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum as these questions are not relevant to this topic or the ILR sub forum!

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.