ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KPKR
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for Child born abroad to parents with ILR

Post by KPKR » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 pm

Hi
I have below questions on children naturalisation/British citizenship

01. Child born out side of UK, so 1st need to go for ILR for child ? they are on Tier1(General) dependent, Where father-british citizen, mother is on ILR. This is for minor child(16+, ad less than 18 years)

02. What form ? is MN1 form

03. What option need to select like section 3.1 etc., in the form for selecting which category you are applying

04. Form submission process, as per new rule

05. Documents required to submit

06. Anyone got recently, if so could you please share your experience

Thanks & Regards,

secret.simon

Re: British Citizenship for Child born abroad to parents with ILR

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:58 am

KPKR wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 pm
01. Child born out side of UK, so 1st need to go for ILR for child ? they are on Tier1(General) dependent, Where father-british citizen, mother is on ILR. This is for minor child(16+, ad less than 18 years)
Yes. Child needs ILR before registration, also at least two years residence in the UK and also needs to meet the good character requirements (no overstay, etc).
KPKR wrote:
02. What form ? is MN1 form
KPKR wrote:
03. What option need to select like section 3.1 etc., in the form for selecting which category you are applying
Correct. Section 3(1), if child was born outside the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:44 am

Father - Uk citizen(Through PBS 5 years route), this is after the children birth,

Mother - got ILR recently,

Children born abroad , now they are under Tier1(General) dependent children visa for more than 3 years in UK continuously

Question is can we go directly for minor children citizenship by skipping their ILR to save money (£6000) .

Or they must have ILR ? Before going to Citizenship. If so, why ? I mean any rule/clause ?

Reason is asking the same question again since some people are saying can go directly for children citizenship without ILR.
Really confusing, not getting.
Experts/admins.,/moderators, can you share your answer? Thanks & Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:17 pm

Only UK born children do not need ILR.

You cannot skip this for children born abroad. They need ILR first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rehmatkarim
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by rehmatkarim » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:17 pm

Does discretion rule under section 3(1) does not apply in above case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:27 am

rehmatkarim wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:17 pm
Does discretion rule under section 3(1) does not apply in above case?
No one has said is doesn't. Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR for a 3(1) application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi admin.,
Could you please answer on my below questions related to citizenship for children(under Tier1(General) 5 years route dependent children) :
01. Can we apply immediately for citizenship after ILR for child(child age is above 16+, below 18 yrs.,),
02. What documents need to submit/upload,
03. How much time will take for approval,
04. Is it similar to ILR process like submit online form, take appointment with Sopra, go for biometric etc., 05. Any other conditions, documents need for the child age above 16+ & below 18 yrs.,
06. Do we need to use MN1 form
07. Any one applied recently, can you please share your experience
08. Can we apply for passport along with this, if not what are steps to apply from citizenship to British passport

Thanks & Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:15 am

1. If one parent is British and the other holds ILR, then yes.

2. The form will tell you what is required. It is minimal.

3. It varies, it can take a few weeks or it can take up to 6 months.

4. Yes.

6. Yes.

7. Many have. No need for an 'all share experience' post which will only cause your topic to become lost. You are overthinking here, it is not a difficult application to make.

8. No you cannot. You will have to wait for approval and the certificate before you can apply for the passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:20 am

Thanks, CR001 for your quick response.

My question no. 5 is :
Any other conditions like can apply immediately after ILR, any extra documents need for the child age above 16+ & below 18 yrs.,

Thanks & Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:22 am

KPKR wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:20 am
Thanks, CR001 for your quick response.

My question no. 5 is :
Any other conditions like can apply immediately after ILR, any extra documents need for the child age above 16+ & below 18 yrs.,

Thanks & Regards,
You are overthinking. Simply complete the forum and see what the document checklist asks for. If you have any questions at that point, ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KPKR
Newly Registered

Questions on MN1 online application form

Post by KPKR » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am

Hi
I'm applying for naturalisation for my minor child(born abroad, Age is 16+, below 18), last month got ILR. Father has UK passport,last month mother got ILR under 5 years Tier 1(Gen. dependent) route. Now, mother is not applying for naturalisation. Only child is applying for naturalisation. They are in UK from 2015. Sorry for my below big list. I have the following questions from MN1 online application form

01. Choose which category to apply under. You are a child under 18 and:
Which one need to select : Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary ? or
You were born outside the UK ?

02. Have you lived at your current address for 5 years?
My Question : Is it required to give proof for 5 years ? for minor children.
Since child is in UK from 2015. Is it OK to give from 2015 to till today ?

03. Do you have a valid national identity card?
My Question : What is this ? can I put NO

04. Does your parent or legal guardian share your address, telephone number and email?
My Question : I have answered YES, why it is required ?

05. Date you first arrived in the UK or British overseas territory (Required)
My Question : Which date, do I need to enter since 1st time they came to UK in 2007 on Work permit
dependent children, visa converted to Tier 1(Gen. dependent children) went back in
2008. Visa expired, applied entry clearance in 2014, came to UK and went back
after 2.5 months and returned to UK in 2015, since then staying in UK continuously.
Last month got ILR.

06. Provide details of your grandparent from whom your mother or father derived British citizenship
by descent. Grandparent details
My Question : I have selected " I do not know these details" since they came on
Tier 1(Gen. dependent) Visa

07. Regarding Referee. In my case 1st Referee is UK citizen, family friend & 2nd Referee is Doctor
and family friend.
They don't know each other, not our relatives & known to us more than 3 years
My Question : Is it OK ? or both should be professional ?

08. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
My Question : Selected "NO", what is this ? At present there is no any application with Home office.
But, previously, we have applied for Tier 1(Gen. dependent), renewals & ILR for
dependants in UK. So, do I need to select "YES" ?

09. Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their
application to be registered as a British Citizen?
My Question : What need to tell, if we select "YES"

10. What document, is required for Child for the question "A letter of consent from s parent(s) or
legal guardian(s)". What is this ?

11. Father UK passport is enough or Citizenship certificate is required to upload for the proof of
document ?

12. Under the "Declaration" section, which one need to select for children ? from below 2 options
I am an applicant and I am authorised to act on behalf of the other applicants and have discussed
and confirmed the contents of this application with them
I am a representative of the applicants and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have
discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

13. What kind of consent need to provide like any format is there? for the question "I will provide a signed
declaration from my parents confirming their consent to the application"

14. Do we have fast service for naturalisation of ordinary/normal service ?

15. Is fee - 1031.20 GBP ? for minor naturalisation

16. Do, I need to upload other documents like
parents recent payslips, bank statements, council tax, utility bills, letters from GP & School.
Earlier Visa approval letters. Mother life in UK & English language proof certificates since last
month mother got ILR.

17. Let me know, if any other documents to upload, if I missed ?

18. Do I need to put any covering letter with more details about their stay in UK since
they came to UK in 2007 on Work permit dependent children,
visa converted to Tier 1(Gen. dependent children) went back.
Visa expired, then applied entry clearance in 2014, came to UK in 2014 and went back after 2.5
months and returned in 2015, since then they are staying in UK continuously. last month got ILR.

Thanks & Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions on MN1 online application form

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:52 am

Can you keep ALL your questions on the same applications in ONE topic please!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions on MN1 online application form

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:23 am

I'm applying for naturalisation for my minor child(born abroad,
Children are REGISTERED, not naturalised (adults).
01. Choose which category to apply under. You are a child under 18 and:
Which one need to select : Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary ? or
You were born outside the UK ?
Other, it is a Section 3(1) of the Nationality Act application.
02. Have you lived at your current address for 5 years?
My Question : Is it required to give proof for 5 years ? for minor children.
Since child is in UK from 2015. Is it OK to give from 2015 to till today ?
No proof required. Simply write the details in the form as it asks for the time they have lived in the UK.
03. Do you have a valid national identity card?
My Question : What is this ? can I put NO
Yes, you can put NO.
04. Does your parent or legal guardian share your address, telephone number and email?
My Question : I have answered YES, why it is required ?

Yes.
05. Date you first arrived in the UK or British overseas territory (Required)
My Question : Which date, do I need to enter since 1st time they came to UK in 2007 on Work permit
dependent children, visa converted to Tier 1(Gen. dependent children) went back in
2008. Visa expired, applied entry clearance in 2014, came to UK and went back
after 2.5 months and returned to UK in 2015, since then staying in UK continuously.
Last month got ILR.
Either, you can add a brief explanation if you wish to. HO has their history.
06. Provide details of your grandparent from whom your mother or father derived British citizenship
by descent. Grandparent details
My Question : I have selected " I do not know these details" since they came on
Tier 1(Gen. dependent) Visa
Not relevant. They are not claiming citizenship by descent.
07. Regarding Referee. In my case 1st Referee is UK citizen, family friend & 2nd Referee is Doctor
and family friend.
They don't know each other, not our relatives & known to us more than 3 years
My Question : Is it OK ? or both should be professional ?
Should be fine.
08. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
My Question : Selected "NO", what is this ? At present there is no any application with Home office.
But, previously, we have applied for Tier 1(Gen. dependent), renewals & ILR for
dependants in UK. So, do I need to select "YES" ?
The answer is YES. It is asking for ALL previous applications made, ie visas and ILR.
09. Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their
application to be registered as a British Citizen?
My Question : What need to tell, if we select "YES"
You don't have to complete this.
10. What document, is required for Child for the question "A letter of consent from s parent(s) or
legal guardian(s)". What is this ?
Not sure if you get this after the process to download.
11. Father UK passport is enough or Citizenship certificate is required to upload for the proof of
document ?
Mothers ILR BRP card is better if you don't have your ILR card anymore.
12. Under the "Declaration" section, which one need to select for children ? from below 2 options
I am an applicant and I am authorised to act on behalf of the other applicants and have discussed
and confirmed the contents of this application with them
I am a representative of the applicants and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have
discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them
Second one.
13. What kind of consent need to provide like any format is there? for the question "I will provide a signed
declaration from my parents confirming their consent to the application"
A simple letter. No set format and no template available.
14. Do we have fast service for naturalisation of ordinary/normal service ?
No. Only normal service.
15. Is fee - 1031.20 GBP ? for minor naturalisation
Yes for each person applying. That appears to include the UKCVAS biometric fee.
16. Do, I need to upload other documents like
parents recent payslips, bank statements, council tax, utility bills, letters from GP & School.
Earlier Visa approval letters. Mother life in UK & English language proof certificates since last
month mother got ILR.

No.
17. Let me know, if any other documents to upload, if I missed ?
You need to submit what the lists asks. You are not repeating a UK Immigration Rules application.
18. Do I need to put any covering letter with more details about their stay in UK since
they came to UK in 2007 on Work permit dependent children,
visa converted to Tier 1(Gen. dependent children) went back.
Visa expired, then applied entry clearance in 2014, came to UK in 2014 and went back after 2.5
months and returned in 2015, since then they are staying in UK continuously. last month got ILR.
No.

Have you read the MN1 guidance notes at all?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KPKR
Newly Registered

Questions on MN1 form

Post by KPKR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:31 am

Hi

I am about to apply for Citizenship registration for my minor children(age above 12 & below 18 years). They got ILR in March.2019 & Father is UK Citizen through Tier 1(Gen) & Mother is on ILR. I have following questions.

01. Last 5 years, they are away from UK for 10 months before applying for ILR. Does this impact on their Citizenship ?

02. First referee(school) is not willing to give passport number, without this not allowing to proceed while filling the form. I don't have alternative options to look since GP is rejected to give. They born out side of UK. What is the suggestion like getting from family friend, he is a doctor ? as a professional/1st referee

03. Need to apply NI number for my son for his work experience(he is in year 12/A Level). Is it going to impact on his Citizenship ? if we mention his NI number on the form ?

04. In the online form selected "Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary" for category, where born child outside the UK. Is it correct ?

05.For the question "Date you first arrived in the UK or British overseas territory" is last 5 years date when entered UK or 1st time entered UK date since they came in 2007 and went back and came in 2014 ?

06. For the question "Grandparent details", selected as "I do not know these details" since children Visa route is Tier 1(General) dependent children. Is it correct ?

07. Selected "NO" for the question "Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen?". Is it OK ? or do we need to add any thing ?

Awaiting favourable response from expert(s).

Thanks & Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions on MN1 form

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 am

1. No issue.

2. As they are older applicants, your alternative should be fine.

3. No. NI number not required for work experience.

4. Yes.

5. If they came back in 2014 after a long absence, then 2014.

6. You can write the details or 'not known'. The question has nothing to do with their visa route.

7. Fine.

8. Topics merged. Please keep your questions in one thread!!! Most of these questions were already answered in April!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:30 am

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I have 1 question on my below 3rd pint. Child NI number will impact on Citizenship, where he is in full time education in school.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:49 am

KPKR wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:30 am
Thank you very much for your quick response.

I have 1 question on my below 3rd pint. Child NI number will impact on Citizenship, where he is in full time education in school.

Regards,
Having an NI number is not a crime. It is just a number and he is allowed to work.

You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:56 am

Thank you very much

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:08 pm

Wow!! The whole application form is typed and moderator has been kind enough to answer. Amazing patience from the moderator.

KPKR
Newly Registered

Post by KPKR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Hello joeano353

STOP commenting, if you know, interested share...otherwise keep quiet. DON'T CRITICISE OTHERS