ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General ILR granted - experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Tier 2 General ILR queries and document check list

Post by asd21 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am

Hi All,

I am due to apply for my ILR in July 2019 under Tier 2 General 5 years route. I have some queries below which I would appreciate your help with.

1. Application Date:
- Date of entering the UK: 20 Aug 2014
- Does this mean that I can submit my ILR application online 28 days before 5 year due, which will be on 24 Jul 2019?

2. Document check list: from what I have read, below are the list of supporting documents for my application, please can you advise if I have missed anything?
- Passport
- BRP card
- Life in the UK test
- Proof of language - UKNARIC letter
- Letter from Employer confirming: my employment, salary, that they still need me for my job, and that my absence from the UK have been approved
- Proof of absence: is this required or will the absence list within Employment letter suffice? What kind of proof should I prepare?
- 3 months Pay slip: if I applied on 24 Jul 2019, am I right to submit pay slip of April, May and June 2019 although the Employment letter will be dated Jul 2019? I will already have my Jul pay slip by then, but I will not be paid until 30 Jul, meaning my bank statement will not have shown the Jul salary as yet.
- 3 months bank statements: ditto, am I right to submit April, May and June 2019 statements?

Your advice is very much appreciated. Thanks all in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General ILR queries and document check list

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:22 am

1. Your qualifying period starts from date your initial visa was issued. You don't state what this date is :idea: :idea: You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date of initial visa start date.

2. Fine, you could of course go into the bank and print a statement. You need to show the most recent payslip and bank statement immediately preceding the date of online application, submission and payment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by asd21 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks CR001.

My first entry visa was valid from 3 Jul 2014 so does that mean the earliest I can apply is 28 days before 3 Jul 2019, i.e. after 5 June 2019? This is good news as it means I can apply straight away.

Another question, does the period between 3 Jul 2014 and 20 Aug 2014 (the date I entered the UK) count towards 180 days absence?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm

My first entry visa was valid from 3 Jul 2014 so does that mean the earliest I can apply is 28 days before 3 Jul 2019, i.e. after 5 June 2019? This is good news as it means I can apply straight away.

Yes.
Another question, does the period between 3 Jul 2014 and 20 Aug 2014 (the date I entered the UK) count towards 180 days absence?
Yes it counts towards the absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by asd21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Thanks CR001.

I am filling in the online application form and have a number of queries below:

1. Section 1: Date entering the UK: the form states that "This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started." However, i understand that I can apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of first visa issue date (not the date entering the UK). This is a bit confusing as it seems contradicting? Does anyone know if there is a particular reason why the form says this?

2. My first visa issue date was 3 Jul 2014 and I entered the UK on 20 Aug 2014. Do I list this period as absence under section 2 of the application form?

3. When filling in the absence, the form does not let me fill 2 countries (for example Germany and France). So if I traveled UK-Germany-France-UK, how should I fill in the form? Do I just include a note within the "Reason" box explaining this. This is because the form specifically asks for all countries I visited or traveled through.

4. Proof of degree taught in English: I have my degree and UKNARIC letter confirming that it is equivalent to a UK bachelor degree, and that the level of english meets C1.
- Do I answer "yes" to the question "Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?"
- Do I choose "degree certificate" as proof for the question "What will you use to prove your degree taught in English?". The reason I asked is because there is nowhere for me to tick UKNARIC letters as proof, although I will need to submit these together with my degree. Is this normal?

5. Home Office reference number: is this the reference number of my previous Tier 2 visa?

Any advice from you all will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Period between visa issued date and date entering the UK

Post by asd21 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 am

Hi everyone,

I understand that you can apply for ILR (set O tier 2 general) 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date first visa was issued (not the the date you entered the UK) and the period between these 2 dates will be counted towards the 180 days absence limit. I have a few queries below which I would appreciate your help on :)

- Do I list this period as 1 of the absences from the Uk within Section 2 of the application form? Or do I only list absences since the date I entered the UK and HO will add this period in when they calculate the absence limit?

- Similarly, does the Absence Letter from my Employer have to include the period between visa issue and date entering the UK?

Many thanks.

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: Period between visa issued date and date entering the UK

Post by asd21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Could anyone please kindly help on my questions above. I am planning to submit my application any time now. :)

- Do I list the period between visa issue date and date entering the UK as 1 of the absences from the Uk within Section 2 of the application form? Or do I only list absences since the date I entered the UK and HO will add this period in when they calculate the absence limit?

- Similarly, does the Absence Letter from my Employer have to include the period between visa issue and date entering the UK?

Many thanks.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:14 pm

asd21 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 pm
Could anyone please kindly help on my questions above. I am planning to submit my application any time now. :)

- Do I list the period between visa issue date and date entering the UK as 1 of the absences from the Uk within Section 2 of the application form? No required. UKVI will do that on their side
Or do I only list absences since the date I entered the UK and HO will add this period in when they calculate the absence limit?

Not required.

Many thanks.

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by asd21 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:38 am

Thanks moonlight55 :D

Another quick question if anyone could help please.

My bank statement is from 24 to 24 each month so my last official statement dated 24 May does not show my May 2019 salary pay in as it was paid on 30 May. I have printed the list of transaction for 1 month from 21 May to 21 June 2019 from the internet and asked the branch to stamp.

Will this list suffice or does HO require official statement?

Many thanks.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm

if the statement has your name and address and is stamped by the bank, it should be fine. OR you can wait until 24th for your next statement.

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Documents upload categories

Post by asd21 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:04 am

Hi all,

I have submitted my application and am in the process of uploading documents onto ukvas website before my appointment tomorrow.

I am a bit confused about the categories and which documents gobunder which category. Does anyone have any guideline or have any experience with this?

1. Proof of application: passport & declaration form

2. Residence in the UK: i have uploaded my BRP and life in the uk test pass notification here

3. Finance: bank statement

4. Sponsor/Employment: employer letter (1 letter stating my absences and confirming that i am still required for the foreseeable future and salary/soc code etc) and payslip

5. Educational: degree cert & NARIC letters

6. Proof of identity/travel history: now which document is supposed to go under here as my passport is uploaded under mandatory category and BRP under Residence in the UK? My travel history is evidenced in the same employer's letter. Do I just ignore this category?

Does the above look ok or should I move any document to a different category? Apologies this may sound like a silly question but I just wanted to avoid unnecessary mistake.

Many thanks all!

asd21
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Tier 2 General ILR granted - experience

Post by asd21 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 am

All,

I have my ILR (tier 2 general) granted today and thought I would share some experience from my case as I have benefited a lot from the helps here in this forum.

- Date of initial Tier 2 visa issue: 03/07/2014
- Date entering the UK: 20/08/2014
- Application submission online: 21/06/2019 (within 28 days before initial visa issue date - this is advised on this forum and also confirmed by UKVI when I called their phone helpline). I used super priority service.
- Appointment date: 26/06/2019 at 7.30am at Croydon Core Centre.
- Decision received: 26/06/2019 at 10.30am (I received an email at 10.30am but the status on my right to work on gov.uk website has changed since 10am). I read somewhere on this forum that sometimes the email comes quite late but the right to work status online is usually updated immediately once the application is granted.

When I submitted the application around 5pm on a Friday, there was no free appointment anywhere in London for the next 2-3 weeks. However, there were plenty paid appointments available from the next Monday onward for a fee from £50-£100 at Croydon centre, and for over £200 fee at their enhanced locations as well. I opted for the cheapest available option £50 at Croydon.

The documents I submitted - Tier 2 general:

Required documents:
- Passport
- Signed declaration
- BRP
- Employment letter - as I have been with the same employer for the past 5 years, they provided me with 1 letter stating my employment details as well as my absences.
- Latest 1 month payslip
- Latest 1 month bank statement - my monthly bank statement cycle is an odd one where I got my most recent one on 24 May (which doesn't show my May salary) and next bank statement on 28 June which would be later than my application date. So I went to Barclays branch and asked them to print all transactions for the past month, my name, address and stamp all pages. I also explained this in my cover letter.
- Life in UK test pass notification
- Degree certificate and NARIC letter confirming the equivalent degree in the UK, AND confirming the level of english for that degree (C1 in my case)
- Evidence of immigration status in the UK - this is one of the required document in the application check list, besides BRP card. I was a little confused as BRP should suffice as the evidence of immigration status. However, as I have my latest tier 2 visa extension approval letter and COS, I submitted them as well and mentioned it in my cover letter.

Additional documents that I submitted:
- Cover letter - I personally think it is helpful to include a cover letter stating all documents you are submitting, and explaining any points that you feel necessary in respect of your application.
- ISA statement - I submitted this just in case because most of my savings are in ISA account. However, as far as I know, there is no requirement on minimum fund required for Tier 2 general route.

There were a few questions which may seem confusing when filling in the online form:
- Date you entered the UK: the form does mention that this is the date your application will be based on so I was confused if I should put the entry visa issue date or the date I actually entered the UK. I did call UKVI helpline to ask and they said that it is the date you actually entered the UK.
- Period between visa issue date and date entering the UK will be counted towards 180 days absence. However, I did not include this period in the application form or employer absence letter. I was advised on this forum and from my company's immigration consultant that it is not necessary as HO can tell from your passport.
- Countries that you visited: the form only let you choose 1 country for each absence so I put the first destination that I arrived at after departing the UK and mentioned other countries that I visited on that trip in the reason box.

Overall it was quite a straightforward process for me, mostly as I think my case is a clear one. I think it is best not to overthink and try not to over-complicate your application by submitting tons of other documents that are not required.

yukapion
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Tier 2 General ILR granted - experience

Post by yukapion » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi asd21,

Thank you so much for your post. I really appreciate you writing your successful application experience. It's really helpful. I have some questions I'm wondering you could help me clarify if possible please.

1)In terms of uploading your documents after submitting your application, can you upload it as soon as you submit your application (so it's better to scan all your documents beforehand to save time)? or can you do it at the centre on the day of the appointment?

2)you mentioned right to work on gov.uk webiste. How do you check that as I have never used it to check my status before?

3)I did my degree in the UK, do I still need to confirm the level of English for the degree?

4)For absences outside the UK, apart from the employment letter, do I need to submit my own list including those weekends, bank holiday ect that's not included in the letter? And also should I submit copy of stamps on my passport too?

5)Cover letter- apart from list of all documents you submitted, what else did you explain/mention in the letter? Do you have a template that you used that you could share please?

Thank you so much for sharing again. The detailed timeline is really helpful.
Hope you could help me answer some questions.

Many thanks.

Moky
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: Tier 2 General ILR granted - experience

Post by Moky » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 am

Hi Asd21
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Can you please tell me which term the employer letter used . Forceable future or still required for employment

Thank you