ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa sponsor/applicant interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sg88
Newly Registered

Spouse visa Employment interview

Post by sg88 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi, I have just submitted a UK spouse visa application to sponsor my wife. My question is I have provided payslips, bank statements which show my salary paid into my account, my employment contract and also a employers reference letter. IF they call me and my employer for telephone interview is it just a telephone interview or can they go further and ask us for further proofs e.g. telephone/email communication between employer/employee, business phone bills, business emails etc.
My employer is due to travel abroad for a project in south east asia and wanted to know if they will request any additional documents so he can arrange this before he leaves.

Regards,
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa Employment interview

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Usually only a call to confirm your employer details and your job/salary etc information, if there is a call.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sg88
Newly Registered

Post by sg88 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 am

But have there been cases where they do ask for additional paperwork, if so, what?
Or is it just a interview over the phone to clarify?
How long do these interviews normally last?
Do they notify you in advance or do they just randomly call? And is it the same for me and my wife, would it be a random call if they called?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:22 pm

sg88 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 am
But have there been cases where they do ask for additional paperwork, if so, what?
Or is it just a interview over the phone to clarify?
How long do these interviews normally last?
Do they notify you in advance or do they just randomly call? And is it the same for me and my wife, would it be a random call if they called?
They may call anytime from private number to clarify and/or cross check the employment information from sponsor and/or employer. Mostly employees working for small businesses or new businesses or businesses with little turnover are being called. Phone must always be on as they may not call/write back again and make the decision.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Yuss100
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Yuss100 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 am

after submit application how long nomal is take home office call if they want to interview it is means to holdon for them dont travel

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:40 am

Yuss100 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 am
after submit application how long nomal is take home office call if they want to interview it is means to holdon for them dont travel
No one can tell that. And not everyone is being interviewed/contacted by them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sg88
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa sponsor/applicant interview

Post by sg88 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi, I was wondering if somebody can help answer a question. If UKVI call for phone sponsor and applicant for telephone interview, is this a phone call or video call interview?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa sponsor/applicant interview

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:18 pm

sg88 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:59 pm
Hi, I was wondering if somebody can help answer a question. If UKVI call for phone sponsor and applicant for telephone interview, is this a phone call or video call interview?
Topics merged!!!

It is a telephone call.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sg88
Newly Registered

Post by sg88 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 pm

This is why I am confused, I have read posts where they say the applicant and sponsor are requested to attend the nearest centre and a video call interview takes place in a room. Is this for applicant or sponsor or both?
And others do not clarify as they just say interview.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm

sg88 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 pm
This is why I am confused, I have read posts where they say the applicant and sponsor are requested to attend the nearest centre and a video call interview takes place in a room. Is this for applicant or sponsor or both?
And others do not clarify as they just say interview.
worth reading it:

immigration-for-family-members/marriage ... 63910.html

sg88
Newly Registered

Post by sg88 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks for the response, I understand couples extending Visa within UK FLR M are requested to attend interview together.
However I have applied for Appenxdix FM Partner application. First application to sponsor my wife in Pakistan, I understand IF called she will be requested to attend video interview in Lahore VFS office, but will I also have to attend interview in office in London or will my interview be a normal telephone conversation rather than video call?
Any responses would be much appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:10 pm

sg88 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:51 pm
Thanks for the response, I understand couples extending Visa within UK FLR M are requested to attend interview together.
However I have applied for Appenxdix FM Partner application. First application to sponsor my wife in Pakistan, I understand IF called she will be requested to attend video interview in Lahore VFS office, but will I also have to attend interview in office in London or will my interview be a normal telephone conversation rather than video call?
Any responses would be much appreciated.
No one would be called to anywhere rather maybe called through video conference call. It will be down to you both where you have such video conference call facility which could be your home, office or anywhere.

sg88
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Priority

Post by sg88 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi, my husband (sponsor) who lives in UK uploaded all our supporting documents onto VFS website uploading page. I attended biometrics appointment on 11th June 2019 in Lahore Pakistan and after going through a checklist and giving biometrics I was given a receipt
I have 2 questions:

1) Everything I have read on this website indicates applicant receives some sort of email to confirm home office has received file and is being reviewed. Some receive on the day, some next days, others after a few days. Today Is 7th July 2019, over 3 weeks (26 days) since submitting file and still no email. Do they always send an email, is it a must do on ther part, should I be worried? We also paid alot of extra money for priority service and from reading online seems like many people who did non priority even managed to receive quicker than we have.
2) is the priority service a big fraud, after submitted and paying extra, I have read many reviews on this website where many people who done non priority received file before those who did priority. Do they have a timeline for this as some say within 1month, some 6 weeks and others mention despite paying extra it took a very long time. Is the priority service a big scam and have I just wasted my money. How can they take longer than the time mentioned on their website if they are charging such large sums of money?
Thank you in advance for you response :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - Priority

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:15 pm

It is 30 working days from date of biometrics as clearly stated on the VFS website, if your application is straightforward (many are not). Priority service is also not guaranteed.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/premi ... settlement
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sg88
Newly Registered

Post by sg88 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 am

I uploaded all our supporting documents onto VFS website uploading page. My wife attended biometrics appointment on 11th June 2019 in Lahore Pakistan and after going through a checklist and giving biometrics she was given a receipt
I have 2 questions:

1) Everything I have read on this website indicates applicant receives some sort of email to confirm home office has received file and is being reviewed. Some receive on the day, some next days, others after a few days. Today Is 7th July 2019, over 3 weeks (26 days) since submitting file and still no email. Do they always send an email, is it a must do on ther part, should I be worried? We also paid alot of extra money for priority service and from reading online seems like many people who did non priority even managed to receive quicker than we have. 
2) is the priority service a big fraud, after submitted and paying extra, I have read many reviews on this website where many people who done non priority received file before those who did priority. Do they have a timeline for this as some say within 1month, some 6 weeks and others mention despite paying extra it took a very long time. Is the priority service a big scam and have I just wasted my money. How can they take longer than the time mentioned on their website if they are charging such large sums of money?
Thank you in advance for you response 

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - Priority

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:15 pm
It is 30 working days from date of biometrics as clearly stated on the VFS website, if your application is straightforward (many are not). Priority service is also not guaranteed.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/premi ... settlement
Char (CR001 not Casa)

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:52 pm

sg88 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 am
I uploaded all our supporting documents onto VFS website uploading page. My wife attended biometrics appointment on 11th June 2019 in Lahore Pakistan and after going through a checklist and giving biometrics she was given a receipt
I have 2 questions:

Thank you in advance for you response 
It has been 3 weeks since my partner’s biometrics appointment today and I rang my solicitor to ask why I haven’t received the email yet. She said it is nothing to worry about as not everyone receives the email. She said she has had previous clients who have not received the email either.

Hassan0208
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Hassan0208 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 pm

I'm in same situation. I called them to confirm if they have received my all documents and biometric. No more information

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Hassan0208 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 pm
I'm in same situation. I called them to confirm if they have received my all documents and biometric. No more information
How long has it been since the biometric appointment for your application?

Hassan0208
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Hassan0208 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 pm

8 day. I called them just to confirm they have got everything.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Hassan0208 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 pm
8 day. I called them just to confirm they have got everything.
I called them a few days after my partner’s biometrics to confirm whether they had received everything and they said it was too early to say. What did they say to you?

Hassan0208
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Hassan0208 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:07 pm

I asked them I just wanted to confirm if you have received my application as I have not received any confirmation from home office. They said yes, they have got it and will contact me if any more information needed. I know they would not give me any further information so didn't ask. There is cost to talk to them. I don't know how much they will charge me, I have given them my card details.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:17 pm

Hassan0208 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:07 pm
I asked them I just wanted to confirm if you have received my application as I have not received any confirmation from home office. They said yes, they have got it and will contact me if any more information needed. I know they would not give me any further information so didn't ask. There is cost to talk to them. I don't know how much they will charge me, I have given them my card details.
They charge £1.37 per minute from when they take you off hold and answer the call