ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband travelling on spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Husband travelling on spouse visa

Post by kraza96 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi, my husband received his UK spouse visa at the end of November 2018 and he came to the U.K. on 13 December. Are there any travel restrictions for him? There’s a family emergency in Pakistan where he’s from, and he needs to go at the end of this month for 24 days or so. Is this okay? Will it affect his visa or future visas in any way? Does he need another visa? We will be travelling to Pakistan in Turkish Airlines with a small layover of 4 hours in Istanbul. He won’t need a Turkish visa for such small time, will he? Thank you

Casa

Re: Husband travelling on spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:26 pm

There are no travel restrictions for the holder of a spouse visa and a visa for Turkey won't be required while waiting for the onward flight in the airport.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:36 am

I’m so annoyed because again today I’ve been told that as my husband is travelling for the first time on his spouse visa, he can’t travel for more than 2 weeks? I don’t think this is true but if someone could confirm it? My husband will be travelling on Sunday for 24 days, is this okay?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:49 am

Stop listening to these people telling you lies. Many think they know and in fact don't or confuse different visas and rules.

There is no such two week rule for ANY visa category in the UK
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.