ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Pre-settled granted - what if divorce ??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tiktok
Morocco

Re: EEA Pre-settled granted - what if divorce ??

Post by Tiktok » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 pm

BootaKHAN wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 pm
:cry:

Anyone with better understanding please ?

“Non-EU nationals must have an EU sponsor family member in order to be eligible for the scheme. Caseworkers consider the evidence provided and verify the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor at the time of application carefully.

If a relationship such as a marriage ends after the non-EU national has been granted status, their specific cirucmstance such as the status granted, length of the marriage and time in the UK may affect whether this status is retained.

In order for us to assist you futher with your enquiry, we would need further information about the specific case.

Eu inquiry help like and EEa help desk said need to inform ukba straight away as well . Too much confusion 🙁
What do u mean u talking about settled status or pre settled status

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 pm

BootaKHAN wrote:

If a relationship such as a marriage ends after the non-EU national has been granted status, their specific cirucmstance such as the status granted, length of the marriage and time in the UK may affect whether this status is retained.

I knew this before but somebody said if the relationship end before 3 years marriage you can retain right. of course you can't retain right of residence . If you are married for lets say 2 years you won't be able to apply for SETTLED STATUS in future. Marriage need to survive for 3 years and 1 year must be in the uK if married outside. Its always been like that and it will be always .
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

BootaKHAN

Post by BootaKHAN » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:14 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 pm
BootaKHAN wrote:

“Non-EU nationals must have an EU sponsor family member in order to be eligible for the scheme. Caseworkers consider the evidence provided and verify the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor at the time of application carefully.

In order for us to assist you futher with your enquiry, we would need further information about the specific case.

Eu inquiry help like and EEa help desk said need to inform ukba straight away as well . Too much confusion 🙁
Yes , it is about settled or pre settled. It is new system and not much information available yet .
Unfortunately no physical documentation provided either to look more legitimate as still tied to previous BRC and to EU sponsor . I wonder if anyone has any knowledge.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:25 pm

BootaKHAN wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:14 pm
Tiktok wrote:
BootaKHAN wrote:

Yes , it is about settled or pre settled. It is new system and not much information available yet .
Unfortunately no physical documentation provided either to look more legitimate as still tied to previous BRC and to EU sponsor . I wonder if anyone has any knowledge.
If u been married for 3 years u have nothing to worry about

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:25 pm

BootaKHAN wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:14 pm
Tiktok wrote:
BootaKHAN wrote:

Can u give more details about ur immigration history

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:47 pm

I don't know exactly where to ask this question. I will put it to BLACKSEA. What que in the airport with pre-settled status card you are going? EU or ALL passports?

Thank you!

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:48 pm

goodpartner wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:47 pm
I don't know exactly where to ask this question. I will put it to BLACKSEA. What que in the airport with pre-settled status card you are going? EU or ALL passports?

Thank you!
All passports. Without being one of EU/EEA citizen, it is always all passports que as far as I know. For example I have permanent resident permit from one of EU, while entering to the country I was in EU que but they refused with the reason "Border police of EU que is unable to check non-eu passports(Probably they have different specialities or has different devices to check it" so I was routed to all passports

However, while entering to the UK, you do not fill in landing paper if you hold pre-settled/settled card told by border police

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:14 am

You don't fill landing paper anymore from last month
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

BootaKHAN

Post by BootaKHAN » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:20 pm

I’ve have been legal since 2005 in UK but never applied any permanent or nationality etc , never needed as working full time .
Recently got divorced after 8 year of marriage and since Brexit mess , decided to apply for settle status. Me and my ex we both hold settle status.
Now my question is what is next ? Do I need to apply for any retention visa or I need to inform HO about divorce or anything else ?

Thanks

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:00 pm

I am non EU married to EU partner for 3 years and 10 months though we are in relationship for six years almost....I have recently received my pre settle status till 2024 and my RC will expire in December 2020...we are in bad situation now days and she want to separate and possibly follow divorce....what will happen if Divorce is commenced I asked Eu settlement centre and below is their reply!

Many people in this forum mentioned there is no need of Eu Spouse ID while converting pre settle in to settle status after 5 year residency but they specifically ask me if I don’t have PR I will need her ID..making me scared as all previous case are refused because of ex ID!!!

Any thoughts? Can I apply for settle status after 14 months if I am divorced?

(Reply from home office)

Thank you for your question regarding the result of your application (xyz)

We understand that you are wondering about your status in the UK after a possible divorce with your EU spouse.

If you have been granted status under the scheme, should you get divorced you will not be required to reapply, your status will still stand, and is linked to the document you applied with.

As you applied with your partner as your sponsor, the status is still your own, therefore, you have no need to reapply in any form, as you will still retain the right to reside in the UK.

Regarding your residence card for travelling, this will not change, should you need to travel for any reason you would still do so the same way you have been previously.

When it comes to applying for settled status, should you be divorced at the time, your application may be slightly different in terms of how you applied this time round.

To be eligible to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme as a non-EEA family member who has retained the right of residence, the applicant must usually:

· Be a non-EEA citizen who has ceased to be a family member of a relevant EEA citizen on the termination of their marriage/civil partnership
· Have been resident in the UK at the date of the termination.
· Have been married to the EEA citizen for at least 3 years prior to the initiation of the proceedings for the termination of the marriage and the parties in the marriage had been continuously resident in the UK for at least 1 year during its duration.

If you do not hold a permanent residence document, when you apply you will need proof of:

· Your identity and nationality
· The relevant EEA citizen’s identity and nationality
· The court order terminating the marriage
· Your residence in the UK at the date of the termination
· Your marriage to the relevant EEA citizen, for example a marriage certificate
· Your marriage having lasted for at least 3 years prior to the initiation of the legal proceedings for its termination, and both parties being resident in the UK for a continuous qualifying period of at least 1 year during its duration.

Please note: If any further evidence is required, then this will be requested by a caseworker.

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi all, i am in the same situation been married for 3 years

i am waiting for decree absolute to apply

I wrote to the EU resolution centre and here is their answer :

We understand that you are soon to be divorced from the EU national who was your sponsor.

Once you are divorced you will need to make a new application for Pre-Settled Status under the rule of retained rights.

To be eligible to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme as a non-EEA family member who has retained the right of residence, the applicant must usually:

· Be a non-EEA citizen who has ceased to be a family member of a relevant EEA citizen on the termination of their marriage

· Have been married to the EEA citizen for at least 3 years prior to the initiation of the proceedings for the termination of the marriage. And the parties to the marriage had been continuously resident in the UK for at least 1 year during its duration.

As you do not hold a permanent residence document, when you apply you will need proof of:

· Your marriage having lasted for at least 3 years prior to the initiation of the legal proceedings for its termination, and both parties being resident in the UK for a continuous qualifying period of at least 1 year during its duration.

Please note: If any further evidence is required, then this will be requested by a caseworker.

When you apply, you will need to use a valid passport. Do not use your Biometric Residence Card as this will no longer be valid once you are divorced.

As you will not have a valid biometric residence card, you’ll be asked to make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your biometric information (your fingerprints and a photo) when you apply.

You’ll be told if you need to use UKVCAS when you apply, and be given instructions on how to book your appointment. For more information about this service please visit:
https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas

To find your closest UKVCAS hub please visit:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/locations

To apply please use the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status

If your application is successful, you’ll be given either settled or pre-settled status.

You can find more information about what rights you get for each status here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... atus-means

As you have status as a family member of an EU national you need to travel with your EU sponsor if you are relying on this status to enter the UK.

Once you have been granted status under retained rights you can travel without your former EU sponsor.

Should you require further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, please go to https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families or alternatively, contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre by phone on 0300 123 7379 (from inside the UK), 0203 080 0010 (from outside the UK) or by submitting a further question using the online enquiry form https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so, we would be grateful if you could complete our customer survey:

https://homeoffice.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe ... DBhhKZnDW5

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

Yours sincerely,

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:10 pm

inesbankole wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:39 pm

We understand that you are soon to be divorced from the EU national who was your sponsor.

Once you are divorced you will need to make a new application for Pre-Settled Status under the rule of retained rights.

· Be a non-EEA citizen who has ceased to be a family member of a relevant EEA citizen on the termination of their marriage

· Have been married to the EEA citizen for at least 3 years prior to the initiation of the proceedings for the termination of the marriage. And the parties to the marriage had been continuously resident in the UK for at least 1 year during its duration.

As you do not hold a permanent residence document, when you apply you will need proof of:

When you apply, you will need to use a valid passport. Do not use your Biometric Residence Card as this will no longer be valid once you are divorced.

As you will not have a valid biometric residence card, you’ll be asked to make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your biometric information (your fingerprints and a photo) when you apply.

You’ll be told if you need to use UKVCAS when you apply, and be given instructions on how to book your appointment. For more information about this service please visit:

If your application is successful, you’ll be given either settled or pre-settled status.

You can find more information about what rights you get for each status here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... atus-means

As you have status as a family member of an EU national you need to travel with your EU sponsor if you are relying on this status to enter the UK.

Once you have been granted status under retained rights you can travel without your former EU sponsor.

Should you require further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, please go to https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families or alternatively, contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre by phone on 0300 123 7379 (from inside the UK), 0203 080 0010 (from outside the UK) or by submitting a further question using the online enquiry form https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so, we would be grateful if you could complete our customer survey:

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

Yours sincerely,

Do you hold EEA family permit currently or pre-settled status? or both of them? Seems like you hold EEA family permit residence card

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:01 pm

I hold 5 years EU residence card and Pre settled status. My question is it looks like they are giving two different answers to people. but i will follow their advice

Lh2oo
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Lh2oo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Hello
Im in the same boat , hold 5 years eu residency card and pre settled status. Waiting for decree absolute.
Im really confused, to apply for ROR under eu law or carry on with pre settled status ( have contacted home office they told me in many occasions I don’t have to re apply for again ) but I have read they gave different answer to people .

Can you please share your experience
Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:53 am

You may continue with the current pre settled status.

Provisions are made for curtailment of pre settled status, but this only arises on cases of fraud or deception.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Lh2oo
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Lh2oo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:16 am

Hey obie

Thanks for clarification. So is it better to apply for another pre settled status under right of stay ?
And can reapply ?

Thanks

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Lh2oo wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm
Hello
Im in the same boat , hold 5 years eu residency card and pre settled status. Waiting for decree absolute.
Im really confused, to apply for ROR under eu law or carry on with pre settled status ( have contacted home office they told me in many occasions I don’t have to re apply for again ) but I have read they gave different answer to people .

Can you please share your experience
Thank you

Hi! Please keep updating us.. when is your brc going to expire? Did your marriage lasted more then three years? Do you have any children?
My BRC is going to expire in December 2020 and I have pres settled status till 2024.. soon I am going to separate and then may be it will follow divorce so I am so much worried too!!! What has waiting for us in future! 4.2 years since I am married

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:11 pm

inesbankole wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Yours sincerely,

Hi,
Any Up dates please? have you got divorced if yes what are you planing first?

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:44 pm

Yeah got divorced yesterday and applied for the pre settled underas per the resolution center email.
I have alreday sent my ID as i applied by post using my passport.
Will update the thread if anything happens

Lh2oo
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Lh2oo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:20 am

Hello
Thanks for the update .
So you saying you reapplied for another pre settled under retained of stay ? Did they accept your application ?
Please keep up updated . I’m waiting for my decree absolute.
Thank you

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Yes they accepted it
As i said i am just following their advice according to the email they sent me
I applied with my passport. waiting for them to receive it and will update the thread if they ask anything.

Lh2oo
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Lh2oo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks
CAn you please tell us what they said . And please keep us updated.
Many thanks

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:10 pm

COA received today confirming the application was valid. I will keep updating this when i receive something new

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:05 pm

inesbankole wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:10 pm
COA received today confirming the application was valid. I will keep updating this when i receive something new
1-) What did they send you to follow, can you share their email?

2-) Did they ask you to submit your spouse ID/Passport?

3-) what are the list of documentations submitted?

Thiva

Post by Thiva » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:52 am

Obie wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:53 am
You may continue with the current pre settled status.

Provisions are made for curtailment of pre settled status, but this only arises on cases of fraud or deception.
Hi Obie,
I married to an eu national on June 2012 by that time i was on a student visa and its expired on 2014. i got divorced November 2018 by that time i have made 2 EEA applications and got refused based on my eu sponsors treaty rights. once i got divorced i have applied for retained rights of residence under EEA law and its got refused too giving some silly reasons by Home office. i have a pending court hearing on january 2020. also i made a another retained rights of residence application under EU settlement scheme and COA Received. decision still pending. Overall my marriage was lasted 6 years and we both been working most of the years within that period ( i had working rights with COA till appeal rights are exhausted ) but i have never been grated any king of EEA visa before. so what do you think about the possibility of getting visa under EU settlement scheme ? many thanks