ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused Letter confusing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chantelle Kirkman
inactive
Australia

ILR refused Letter confusing

Post by Chantelle Kirkman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Hello

I have ILR and my partner recently applied for ILR SET M. It was refused as his application did not meet the requirements of E-ILRP1.3. - - at least 60 months in the UK on the basis of entry clearance as a partner

He has been in the UK for 5.8 years on a Tier 2: ICT visa until 05 September 2021.

The refusal letter state he has a right of appeal within 14 days and to advise if he thinks there are other reasons why he should be allowed to stay in the UK.

The letter states that if he does not appeal......
'you will be liable to enforced removal to Australia'
' if you do not intend to appeal this decision you must leave the country'

Can you kindly confirm:
- that this is not the case and he can still continue to reside in the UK on his Tier 2 ICT visa until September 2021
- that no further action is required or should he contact the Home Office
- best approach for ILR in the future

Another question ... He applied for ILR on the 11th April Super Priority
He had several business trips paid for in May and June. He had to cancel the trip in May. As he had to travel in June, he escalated several times to the Home Office and to his MP stating requesting an update based on his need to travel. He did not receive any correspondence and subsequently left the UK on June 13th - to return on June 17th (acknowledging this would void the visa application)
The refusal email from the Home Office arrived yesterday (16th June), dated 17 June.
Would this have any impact on his current visa or future applications.
Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR refused Letter confusing

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Presumably the topic link below is your partner where he has already been given substantial advice and next step options!!

immigration-for-family-members/tier-2-i ... l#p1789086

As already advised, he didn't qualify for ILR on Set M.

His ICT visa remains valid.

The refusal letter text is a generic response unless his sponsor has cancelled their sponsorship.

Nothing else he needs to do, just carry on as normal.

FLR M switch if he wishes to apply for ILR, as advised in his topic already.

You might also want to consider another more anonymous user name that doesn't identify you on a public Internet forum!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chantelle Kirkman
inactive
Australia

Post by Chantelle Kirkman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Apologies, he is overseas. I didn't know he had already posted. Re user name... have sent an email to your admin as I am unable to change it. Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Chantelle Kirkman wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm
Apologies, he is overseas. I didn't know he had already posted. Re user name... have sent an email to your admin as I am unable to change it. Thanks for your help
Admin based in Lithuania don't respond to emails. Kindly post your request in the link below.

comments-about-discussion-board/if-you- ... 98583.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.