ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short-term study transition to Tier 4 Student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Syneil
Newly Registered

Short-term study transition to Tier 4 Student visa

Post by Syneil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi all,

Question is similar to uk-tier-4-student-visas/switch-from-tie ... 82003.html but I couldn't see anything more specific without being able to "Search".

If someone (Russian, if that matters) gets a short-term visa can they enter the country with this, use it (e.g. to study English and get an IETFL certificate), then get and transition into a general student visa without leaving the country? The GOV.UK site says the short-term visa cannot be extended, but I don't see anything about getting a different type of visa.

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Short-term study transition to Tier 4 Student visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Switch to this visa
You may be able to change (switch) to a Tier 4 (General) student visa if you’re in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 4 (Child)
You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.