ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My daughter turns 10 and I am in limbo without leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adesuwa
Nigeria

Re: My daughter turns 10 and I am in limbo without leave

Post by adesuwa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:19 am

Obie wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:42 pm
The court is very correct. Unlike an EEA appeal, so f the Home Office certify your claim, then your only means of securing remedy is a JR.
I dont understand what you mean ?

Are you saying I make a fresh applicaiton (and wait till the HO certifies my claim) then go down a JR ?

or outright go down a JR ?

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:40 pm

My local Mp called me today, she said she had raised it on the floor of the house and the minister, asked her to send him directly my details. and he would take a further look into the case

THe PAP JR expires on friday, so I am not sure if

1 TO wait to see if the HO replies the PAP

As a few of the legal reps said, when the HO knows my case is strong, they might reply

2. of ask my MP to ask the minister to reconsider my case

3. resubmit a fresh application emphasising that its the same claim, but the new evidence being my daughter's age and UK passport

After all my daughter's UK passport should be in place before this easter ?

And if they refuse a fresh application that had evidence of my daughtr's passport, then its without doubt a case of clear injustice and flouting section 55

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:23 pm

The HO responded to my PAP letter today

They said they are withdrawing the original refusal and referring it back for reconsideration and I should get a response in 3 months from now. They said they aim to write me if an outcome is reached or if they need more time.

My local Mp had raised it on the floor of the house this week also and the Immigration minister asked her to write her office directly. I also reported to the Ombudsman who said they will take up the case, and I had submitted my complaint to the Ombudsman also.

I intend to carry the Ombudsman complaint to the end irrespective of the outcome. Enough is enough of HO bullying and divisive tactics

I had done the PAP myself from numerous templates and research on article 8 and section 55, BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD and recommendations from the 3 tiers tribunals, house of parliament and updated FLR FP rules

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Tue May 28, 2019 10:06 am

Hi guys
The timeline for the HO to respond to the reconsideration of their December refusal has lapsed

As their legal team responded to my PAP letter, saying they will either send me a decision or a letter requesting more time if they cant make a decision within 3 calendar months

I had also lodged a complaint to their complaint department which responded saying they do not uphold my complaint because i should get a response within the 3 months

Yet nothing

What are my next steps, please advise

Thank you

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:22 am

I just got my residency in the post today

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Congratulations!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm
Congratulations!
thanks a lot

Ironically, I did the fee waiver and the PAP JR myself.

All the 4 different times I used solicitors (in the past) for applications and 2 occasions (accompanied by barristers) and I went to FT tribunal, and paid legal reps all failed. So did the 2 occasions I used another different barrister for appeals (Total of 4 barristers and 4 legal firms all disappointed me and took a good bite of my finances and wasted my time)

I was far too broke to get a solicitor involved and due to the short deadlines, i had to research about JR and do it myself, same thing for the fee waiver application and I succeeded. Even got an apology from the HO legal team.

The initial dec 2018 refusal (which I did) said I submitted detailed and well documented evidence and failed to give a reason for the refusal.

Today I am a free man

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:49 pm

Oh by the way, my daughter got her UK passport also. She is 11 this november 2019

manitops

Post by manitops » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 pm

adesuwa wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:49 pm
Oh by the way, my daughter got her UK passport also. She is 11 this november 2019
congrats man

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:45 pm

adesuwa wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 pm
vinny wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm
Congratulations!
thanks a lot

Ironically, I did the fee waiver and the PAP JR myself.

All the 4 different times I used solicitors (in the past) for applications and 2 occasions (accompanied by barristers) and I went to FT tribunal, and paid legal reps all failed. So did the 2 occasions I used another different barrister for appeals (Total of 4 barristers and 4 legal firms all disappointed me and took a good bite of my finances and wasted my time)

I was far too broke to get a solicitor involved and due to the short deadlines, i had to research about JR and do it myself, same thing for the fee waiver application and I succeeded. Even got an apology from the HO legal team.

The initial dec 2018 refusal (which I did) said I submitted detailed and well documented evidence and failed to give a reason for the refusal.

Today I am a free man
Congratulations. I am glad you took the matter in your own hands..it was the only way I was successful with my husbands visa

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.