ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Italy visa to exercise EEA treaty right

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smah

Applying for Italy visa to exercise EEA treaty right

Post by smah » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 am

Hi guys
I am a British Citizen married to my husband who is a Bangladeshi in Bangladesh. We wanted to exercise my treaty rights so made application and provided all details. But they asked me for these:
1. A tourism visa for family reunion with eu nationals forsees the condition that the inviting EU national resides in Italy. We hereby request to submit a residence certificate issued by an Italian town hall for xxxxx
2. We further request to submit a marriage certificate that has been registered either by the relevant civil state registrar in the UK or a equivalent declaration issued by the High commission of the UK in Dhaka.
residency certificate which I don't have coz I never lived in Italy but I will be travelling with my husband. We both are residing in Bangladesh now. They also ask for marriage certificates by UK but our marriage was done in Bangladesh and UK don't issue registration to overseas marriage anymore after 2014. They just accept the Bangladeshi marriage certificate with the same value of British marriage.
Can you please help.
Thanks

smah

Re: Applying for Italy visa to exercise EEA treaty right

Post by smah » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:25 am

Also from this link it seems like my husband can just travel with me to any of the EEA counties without the need of any prior visa. Is that right or I am getting wrong somewhere.
Can you please help.
Thanks

lemarlemar121

Post by lemarlemar121 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:39 pm

smah wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 am
Hi guys
I am a British Citizen married to my husband who is a Bangladeshi in Bangladesh. We wanted to exercise my treaty rights so made application and provided all details. But they asked me for these:
1. A tourism visa for family reunion with eu nationals forsees the condition that the inviting EU national resides in Italy. We hereby request to submit a residence certificate issued by an Italian town hall for MRs Jackson K.
2. We further request to submit a marriage certificate that has been registered either by the relevant civil state registrar in the UK or a equivalent declaration issued by the High commission of the UK in Dhaka.
residency certificate which I don't have coz I never lived in Italy but I will be travelling with my husband. We both are residing in Bangladesh now. They also ask for marriage certificates by UK but our marriage was done in Bangladesh and UK don't issue registration to overseas marriage anymore after 2014. They just accept the Bangladeshi marriage certificate with the same value of British marriage.
Can you please help.
Thanks
In 2016 same happened with me. I applied for Italian visa under eu free movement in Afghanistan. I’m a British citizen my wife afghan national.
but when my wife went in for submission of documents in Italian consulate, they refused to take her application saying why is our marriage certificate not legalised by British embassy which they never legalise any foreign documents. Our marriage certificate was already legalised by Afghan foreign ministry.

And saying that if your husband doesn’t live in Italy you can’t apply under eu free movement, which they were wrong and they wrong now as well.

I used the same marriage certificate to get my two children British passports.
So I complained to EU complaint department which is called SOLVIT, after reviewing my complaint they sent me an email saying that if British embassy have accepted your marriage certificate for our children passport application then the Italian embassy should accept it as well.
And they said you don’t have to be resident in another EU country to apply for Accompanying your spouse under eu free movement.
They said they will get in touch with the Italian authorities.
After that I forwarded the solvit email to Italian consulate to tell them they are wrong in by not taking my wife Italian shengen visa application.

After few days they sent me another email and appointment for submission of the application again.
We went to the appointment they apologised and took my wife application and biometric fingerprints with just our marriage certificate mine and our children British passports copies.

After two weeks they issued her a tourist visa for one month.

So I suggest you should complain to SOLVIT as well. They might be able to help. But keep in mind since brixit a lot things have changed.

smah

Post by smah » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:34 am

Thanks, Brother for the update.
Which application did you make?
I got in touch with SOLVIT and they are saying i might have made a wrong application which is reuniting the family to exercise EEA Treaty rights because of that made sense. It asked for a one-way air ticket. If i am going there to exercise EEA treaty right why should i need return ticket which was required for the other application which is tourist/family member?

Also, did you supply a one-way ticket or return for your wife and did you also provide them with your ticket along with your wife to show that you will be traveling together?

lemarlemar121

Post by lemarlemar121 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 pm

smah wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:34 am
I got in touch with SOLVIT and they are saying i might have made a wrong application which is reuniting the family to exercise EEA Treaty rights because of that made sense. It asked for a one-way air ticket. If i am going there to exercise EEA treaty right why should i need return ticket which was required for the other application which is tourist/family member?

Also, did you supply a one-way ticket or return for your wife and did you also provide them with your ticket along with your wife to show that you will be traveling together?
I made the application just for a general tourist visa under eu free movement rule.

I didn’t provide any flight bookings for my self and my wife. We just gave them the marriage certificate copies of the passport.
We book the flights and everything one way after getting the visa.

smah

Post by smah » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55 am

Thanks bro,
Now i am getting even more worried. They just called and asked to pay 200 quid verification fees to check . I dont know what they are checking.
What do you think i should do?

smah

Post by smah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:39 am

lemarlemar121 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 pm
smah wrote:

I made the application just for a general tourist visa under eu free movement rule.

I didn’t provide any flight bookings for my self and my wife. We just gave them the marriage certificate copies of the passport.
Bro they just asked us to pay for the Verification fees of 20970BDT.
We paid and an agency came to do my background check like me my village,city going to the Marriage registrar etc to verify the marriage. Hope this might help someone so updating..

smah

Post by smah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:41 am

lemarlemar121 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 pm
smah wrote:

Bro they just asked us to pay for the Verification fees of 20970BDT.
We paid and an agency came to do my background check like me my village,city going to the Marriage registrar etc to verify the marriage. Hope this might help someone so updating.. Did anyone have the same situation as me??

smah

Post by smah » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:05 am

Guys, really hope you good ppl can help.
As previously mentioned my husband is now been waiting for nearly 3 months for a tourist visa to travel with me to Italy. The official website says it can take 30 days while we try to contact them through email they don't respond.
Really running out of time due to brexit what shall we do now??