ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of address - Documentation requirment

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tadzius
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Proof of address - Documentation requirment

Post by tadzius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:03 am

I am a Lithuanian national that has been living in Ireland for 13 years and I am currently applying for Irish citizenship.

One of the documentation requirments is: "Three diffrenet proofs of residence for EACH year of residence claimed, showing your name and address and date of ussue, e.g mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV) , Bank statments" etc..

My question is, do I now need to provide 39 different proofs of address?? Since I have been living in Ireland for 13 years? Because it seems very unrealistic. Or proof of residence for the last 2-3 years is sufficient?

Thanks in advance

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Proof of address - Documentation requirment

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:10 am

Please make sure that you read the guideline (first 15 pages) of the application form. They are there for a reason. It contains a lot of important information that you should know before starting to prepare for your application.

On page 5 it clearly says the following:
If you are an EU citizen for more than five years please submit proof of residence in the State
amounting to a total of five years in the last nine years, to include the year prior to application.
Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for
this period i.e. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone,
cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare,
letter from employment, etc
People on this forum have also asked about Person ID, Passport Number etc which can all be found in the guidelines.

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:08 pm

tadzius wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:03 am
I am a Lithuanian national that has been living in Ireland for 13 years and I am currently applying for Irish citizenship.

One of the documentation requirments is: "Three diffrenet proofs of residence for EACH year of residence claimed, showing your name and address and date of ussue, e.g mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV) , Bank statments" etc..

My question is, do I now need to provide 39 different proofs of address?? Since I have been living in Ireland for 13 years? Because it seems very unrealistic. Or proof of residence for the last 2-3 years is sufficient?

Thanks in advance
I know for my application based on marriage to an irish citizen I had to submit proofs for 3 years but I think any other applications are standard 5 years proof
Now I stand to be corrected but I'm almost positive
Hope this helps

tadzius
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by tadzius » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:55 pm

thank you for all the replies. But my problem is I am only 22 and I can barely find proof of address for the last 2 years since I have been living with my parents and haven't been paying any bills. Does anyone have any recommendations what I should in this case?

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:55 pm

tadzius wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:55 pm
thank you for all the replies. But my problem is I am only 22 and I can barely find proof of address for the last 2 years since I have been living with my parents and haven't been paying any bills. Does anyone have any recommendations what I should in this case?
If u have a job u can get a letter from your employer stating when u started working but het it on official headed paper also a letter from your doctor stating the same or anything from revenue would be accepted aswell and then just put a cover letter in stating the reasons why this is all u can get
Hope this helps

smart_man
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Post by smart_man » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:09 pm

tadzius wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:55 pm
Bank statements? Mobile phone contracts?

FJSTARKWOLF
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by FJSTARKWOLF » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:35 am

As you are only 22 years of age, you will apply as a young adult dependent, for this cases, your schools records and attendance of all your academic years will serve the purpose of reckonable residency in the state.

All the best