ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Double checking list of the required Documents for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Confused about next step for application

Post by dan2019 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi all,
I am trying to become a British citizen (naturalisation) and I already have passed "Life in UK test" and "language test". I am originally from Italy (EU) and I have been in UK for almost 10 years.

Before to move to the final application I need one of the following:

- indefinite leave to remain
- settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme
- a permanent residence document to confirm you have permanent residence status

what is the "simplest" to get in my case?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Confused about next step for application

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:22 am

Cannot comment on what is easiest ...
dan2019 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 pm
Hi all,
I am trying to become a British citizen (naturalisation) and I already have passed "Life in UK test" and "language test". I am originally from Italy (EU) and I have been in UK for almost 10 years.

- indefinite leave to remain NOT relevant - this is for for non-EU applicants
- settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme Yes probably easy via App - wait 12 months from the date of being granted settled status
- a permanent residence document to confirm you have permanent residence status Yes but could be lengthy - but date of acquision of PR could/will be confirmed as being in the past, if 12+ months you can apply immediately

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by dan2019 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:20 am

Thank you for the answer alterhase58.

One more question:
if I apply for settled status and I get it let's say in 2 months (July 2019), it means that in July 2020 I can finally apply for the final "form" (the one for £1330 to be clear)?

Same for the permanent residence?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 am

There's only one form for naturalisation - AN for all circumstances.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Wait 12 months with all the requirements ready?

Post by dan2019 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi,

I have passed the test "Life in the UK", the oral test, good character and got the settled status (via EU Settlement Scheme that grants Indefinite Leave in the United Kingdom).

For what I can read here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain
I have all the necessary requirements to apply for the citizenship. However I still have a doubt. As I received the "settled status" one month ago, do I have to wait 11 months before to apply?? Or I can apply now and wait for 11 months? or 12?

Thank you
Dan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wait 12 months with all the requirements ready?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:34 pm

You have to hold settled status for 12 months before you can apply for citizenship. So you will have to wait till next year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wait 12 months with all the requirements ready?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:59 am

dan2019 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 pm
Hi all,

- indefinite leave to remain
- settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme
- a permanent residence document to confirm you have permanent residence status

If you apply for a permanent residency card and it is backdated by at least 12 months, you can apply for BC straight away.. I have applied for the card last summer and it was granted end of August 2018, however, it has been backdated to 2016 (by 2016 I have been in the UK for 5 years), so I applied for BC in February 2019 attaching the letter that my PR was backdated.

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

How to verify all the requirements for the BC

Post by dan2019 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:38 am

Hi,

is there a way to verify that all the required documentation collected for the naturalisation is valid before to pay for the application? Any service or office for it?
Last edited by dan2019 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to verify all the requirements for the BC

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:39 am

No such service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Two referees online

Post by dan2019 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi all,

I am about to fill the form for the citizenship which I have planned to do online. Before starting I am going through the form for the application via post here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -10-19.pdf

About the referees, is it ok if one of the twos is my current boss for which I worked for 3 years and half now?
Also, if the application is online is it still needed the picture (and eventually referees to look at it)? Can I fill the form online on their behalf?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Two referees online

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Depends if your boss meets the requirements to be a professional referee I'd you want to use them as the professional referee.

Yes you still need to put your picture on each referee form and they have to physically sign the form when you have printed it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by dan2019 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:48 am

Thank you.

Eventually I can ask to an ex-colleague (I used to work with him in another company over 5 years ago) who has not British passport but he still working in UK as the other referee has British passport.
But in this case I have a doubt as his profession is "software developer". I cannot see the category https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf listed here. Is "computer programmer/software developer/software eng/" or any IT category included?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 am

A software developer is not on the list of professional referees.

You only need one profeaaional referee. The other referee who must be over 25 and British does NOT have to be a professional referee on the list.

Your professional referee can be any nationality.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by dan2019 » Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 am

does it mean that the professional referee does not need to be an ex-colleague or someone I worked with? Is it correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 9:44 am

dan2019 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 am
does it mean that the professional referee does not need to be an ex-colleague or someone I worked with? Is it correct?
The professional referee can be anyone, of any nationality, who is on the HO list.

Professional referee does not mean it is someone you have or must have worked with at all but the person must have known you for at least 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by dan2019 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Thank you!

Due to the covid-19 issues I cannot reach the two referees (apart online or phone) so I was wondering if the form they need to submit, can be filled online somehow or at least as signed PDF version (or any other legally valid electronic format)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Why can't you post it to them to sign and they post it back to you??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by dan2019 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Because I have no printer (and same them) and shops like "snappy snaps" or internet cafe' are all closed during this period. Also nowadays there are secure services for signing documents and contracts online which would make the process overall faster, cheaper, easier and safer than rely on common mail services.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:04 pm

They need to physically sign the form, by hand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

edgreen
Newly Registered

Post by edgreen » Mon May 25, 2020 1:20 am

Does one has to post the referees form to HO, or just scan and upload along with other documents? .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:21 am

edgreen wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:20 am
Does one has to post the referees form to HO, or just scan and upload along with other documents? .
Scan and upload.

You should also post your questions in your own topic please as you already have a thread.

british-citizenship/good-character-bc-t ... l#p1888423
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dan2019
Newly Registered
Italy

Double checking list of the required Documents for BC

Post by dan2019 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:25 pm

I have just finished to fill the "Application" part online and I am at the section "Documents". While I am sure about some documents like passport I have doubt about other requirements:

1) Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully like "letters from your employer". What this sort of letters are? Like the signed contract?

2) Proof of nationality: I got the "indefinite live to remain" (plus waited for one year). Do I also need the "permanent residence card"?

3) Do I need a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) before to apply? or it is something that needs to be done once you get the application approved and finally preparing the passport?

Thank you
Dan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Double checking list of the required Documents for BC

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Topics merged!!! No need to start a new topic with each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Double checking list of the required Documents for BC

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:59 pm

1) Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully like "letters from your employer". What this sort of letters are? Like the signed contract?
P60s if you are an EU citizen.
2) Proof of nationality: I got the "indefinite live to remain" (plus waited for one year). Do I also need the "permanent residence card"?
Proof of nationality is your passport!
3) Do I need a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) before to apply? or it is something that needs to be done once you get the application approved and finally preparing the passport?
No you don't need a brp first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)