ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost/Stolen BRP and Indian Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhadsidd
Newly Registered
India

Lost/Stolen BRP and Indian Passport

Post by bhadsidd » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi All,

My bag was stolen on 1st April in London, it contained mine & my wife's Indian Passport and UK BRP.

We have just come to UK last month on 18-March.

I have informed UK Gov of loss of BRP card.

I need a help here, as the situation is very complex this time. I am on Tier-2 Visa with 1 Year residence permit. My BRP has the same 1 year validity. However, the sticker on Passport was just with 1 month Visa and has expired now.

1. Do I need to apply for Indian Passport first and then UK BRP?
2. Do I need to apply for UK BRP first and then Indian Passport?
3. Can I apply both in Parallel?

If I apply for passport and I get a new passport, do I need to have a UK Visa sticker again on my new passport?

If I apply for replacement BRP, do I need to provide them my new Passport details or I can provide lost passport photocopies?

If I get a new BRP, and new Passport without the UK Visa sticker, am I allowed to travel to/from UK with that passport and new BRP? Or I do need a Visa sticker as well.

Thanks,
Bhadresh

emceez
Newly Registered

Re: Lost/Stolen BRP and Indian Passport

Post by emceez » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi Bhadresh,

As far as i know, the visa sticker on passport is only to come to UK and collect BRP.

It would be helpful if you could let me know how did you proceed here as I am in a similar situation.

I had sent my passport and BRP to DVLA. And now Royal mail and DVLA both say that they are not sure about it.

Mmachir
Newly Registered

Post by Mmachir » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:31 am

Hi Both,

How is the process finally? Did you figure out? We have a similar situation. My bag is burgled which has both passports and BRP cards. We applied for the passport reissue and the embassy says it might take 3 weeks atleast to get a new passport. Can I apply by BRP card with the old passport reference? And update ukvi with the new passport details when I get the passports?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:33 am

Mmachir wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:31 am
Hi Both,

How is the process finally? Did you figure out? We have a similar situation. My bag is burgled which has both passports and BRP cards. We applied for the passport reissue and the embassy says it might take 3 weeks atleast to get a new passport. Can I apply by BRP card with the old passport reference? And update ukvi with the new passport details when I get the passports?

Thanks in advance
Please post in the BRC RC topic or start your own instead of digging up threads from a year ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.