ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unreported absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

puffster
Newly Registered
United States of America

Unreported absences

Post by puffster » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I am an American national who is currently thinking of applying for Indefinite Leave To Remain sometime later this year. I entered on my First Tier 2 Visa in September 2014 and switched employers and started a new Tier 2 Vista in August 2017 which I am currently operating under.

Both of my positions have been as a postdoctoral researcher and as a result I was involved in frequent overseas travel for work.

I am also well below the 180 day limit for any year-long span during my stay in the UK.

Unfortunately, I made the major mistake of not reporting my absences to HR at my first employer - I didn't understand how important it was and as an academic I was used to travelling frequently for work without telling anyone. I do have my own records detailing my trips and was wondering if it is worth a shot to see if I can tell my old employer about these absences and ask them to update their file, or if doing so would potentially create some sort of risk for my current Tier 2 Visa.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Unreported absences

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:26 am

You do not need to report your travel to the HR. The requirement is that all your absences from work must have been approved by your employer which is the case for majority of the people in employment. If your absence were less than 30 per year, you can even ignore the letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice