ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

ILR done, Naturalisation next. Few questions.

Post by filjap88 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi guys

I have just got my ILR (setM) approved and im looking to apply for naturalisation within the week or so but I honestly dont know where to start. I just have a few questions and i do apologise in advance if this has been tackled in another post. Basically i just really want to know if there is any link on official documents checklist required for naturalisation? I have read from other peoples post that I have to show proof that i have been living in the UK for the past 3 years, what documents can i show as I have been informed that bank statements/utility bills are not sufficient proof. I also want to ask, if i lodge my application in the next few days, will i be allowed to travel? will it affect my application for naturalisation?

Thank you so much in advance and God bless you all.

Regards
Filjap

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR done, Naturalisation next. Few questions.

Post by CR001 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:19 pm

Your passports are all you need as proof of residence.

Yes you can travel once you have applied
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:37 pm

thank you for that quick reply CR. do you have any idea how long does the application normally take? i also read on the forum that we have to complete form AN, is that different to the one at sopra steria site?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 28, 2019 2:11 am

filjap88 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:37 pm
thank you for that quick reply CR. do you have any idea how long does the application normally take? i also read on the forum that we have to complete form AN, is that different to the one at sopra steria site?
2-3 months on average.
AN is the same online form used now: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi zimba

Thank you for the reply. Do i need to fill in FORM AN and the one in sopra steria site or just any of them will do?

Thank you so much

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 29, 2019 12:34 pm

filjap88 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:18 pm
Hi zimba

Thank you for the reply. Do i need to fill in FORM AN and the one in sopra steria site or just any of them will do?

Thank you so much
It is all done online now. You fill your application online. It is done on UKVI website. After you pay and submit it, you will be directed to sopra steria UKVCAS to book an appointment. UKVCAs simply collects your Biometrics and document scans and then pass them on to the UKVI :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by filjap88 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:02 pm

thank you so much for the enlightenment zimba! god bless!

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Referee questions

Post by filjap88 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:02 am

Hi Guys

I initially posted a thread regarding some other naturalisation questions but i couldnt find my original post. Just a quick query on referee, will my mum's ex partner be considered as a "relative'? They were not married but they have a child together. Also, will it affect my application if i change employment after submission? I am applying under spouse of british citizen.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. More power to you guys!

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 am

Just a quick query on referee, will my mum's ex partner be considered as a "relative'? They were not married but they have a child together.
I suggest you find someone else to be your referee not related by blood or marriage or through a sibling.
Also, will it affect my application if i change employment after submission? I am applying under spouse of british citizen.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

filjap88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Re: Referee questions

Post by filjap88 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Hello CR!

Thank you again for that quick response and for merging all my topics into one place. Its very convenient for me. God bless you!