ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship refused with EU Settled Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nikmishin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Re: Citizenship refused with EU Settled Status

Post by Nikmishin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 am

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:46 am
Hi I have just checked the online application in the two cases
If you answered yes to the question about do you have pr or not , and If you answered no
Here's the outcome really confusing because even if you answered no you will find another question asking do you have leave to remain in UK
https://ibb.co/3FRXkG9
And
https://ibb.co/9V5njPb
Yep, that's what I did last night too. The trouble is that back in January when I applied if you said Yes to the first question, in the second question EU settled scheme wasn't an option and it simply asked for the PR number.

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:08 am

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am

alexbran89 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:08 am

That was the way the online form was back when I applied on 24th Feb, I mean I started the application around January time and complete it but by bit and took notes of anything I was not sure then before I’ve submitted I have rang HO and spoke to them regarding that question, I told them I don’t have the PR card/ PR ref number starting with UKF then numbers because I’ve been granted settled status/ ILR under the new scheme and the ref number on my confirmation letter only got numbers and not any mix of letters and numbers.
The person then said yeah then you don’t click yes you have to click no witch I did and carried on to the next step.
I just have to wait now and see the outcome of my application, hopefully HO case workers are aware of the online application changes, plus I’ve attached the pdf documents when my settled status was granted so again hopefully they will take them into consideration, unfortunately one person in this topic was declined and I think it was by mistake but again I’m no expert so...

Nikmishin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by Nikmishin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:14 pm

alexbran89 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am
alexbran89 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:08 am

That was the way the online form was back when I applied on 24th Feb, I mean I started the application around January time and complete it but by bit and took notes of anything I was not sure then before I’ve submitted I have rang HO and spoke to them regarding that question, I told them I don’t have the PR card/ PR ref number starting with UKF then numbers because I’ve been granted settled status/ ILR under the new scheme and the ref number on my confirmation letter only got numbers and not any mix of letters and numbers.
The person then said yeah then you don’t click yes you have to click no witch I did and carried on to the next step.
I just have to wait now and see the outcome of my application, hopefully HO case workers are aware of the online application changes, plus I’ve attached the pdf documents when my settled status was granted so again hopefully they will take them into consideration, unfortunately one person in this topic was declined and I think it was by mistake but again I’m no expert so...
That is awesome, thank you so much for the screenshot! I printed it out and included in my reconsideration pack and sent it to HO today. Let's hope they quickly see their wrong ways and fix the form and approve my application!

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:34 am

Not a problem, I can only wish you good luck and get your application approved in the end, hopefully waiting time won’t be that long either so keep us up to date.

zkaptieva
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by zkaptieva » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:20 pm

alexbran89 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:34 am
Not a problem, I can only wish you good luck and get your application approved in the end, hopefully waiting time won’t be that long either so keep us up to date.
Dear Alex,

I am in the same situation with you to apply for BC. - EU Settled Status, British Spouse, etc.-
So I would like to ask a question to you before I submit my application.

I want to complete my application for BC soon, I have already filled up the online application form and then on the next step which is documents page;
it says that "You must have a permanent card before before you can apply for citizenship."
When you submitted your application, was there any warning like that? or this is new. (This warning is on the document list)

On the application form, there was a section to confirm that I will use my "ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme to apply for BC", and I ticked that section.

I really have no idea why required document list page is still asking for PR card.

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 am

I think this is something new as I presume they’ve updated the online AN application form, make sure you upload all letters received when you applied and been granted settled status/ ILR, I’ve uploaded mine just to be on the safe side.

martin_k
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by martin_k » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:17 pm

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-spouse

You need ONE of the following:
- Residence Card, which number is starting: UKF xxxxxx (there was field to type it in application online)
- ‘settled status’ (don't know this one, not applied for)

However, as far as I remember in any case You need to wait 12mths, I mean:
if You was married for 2years, applied for ‘settled status’ and now is 3years that's fine, but if You're married for 3years and applied for ‘settled status’ then You need to wait another 12mths from the date of official status

I may be wrong in it, please double check it. I would send letter explaining situation and ask Home Secretary for reconsideration.

btw:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
current booklet dated as 22.03.2019, I started my application few weeks before that, it was different booklet there... some rules are constantly changing unfortunately...

I wish You successful application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:24 pm

martin_k wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:17 pm
However, as far as I remember in any case You need to wait 12mths, I mean:
if You was married for 2years, applied for ‘settled status’ and now is 3years that's fine, but if You're married for 3years and applied for ‘settled status’ then You need to wait another 12mths from the date of official status

I may be wrong in it, please double check it. I would send letter explaining situation and ask Home Secretary for reconsideration.
You are wrong. There is no requirement to wait 12 months if married to a British citizen. This applies even if the spouse became British yesterday. There is no law in the Nationality Act that states your must have been married to a British spouse and they must have been British for 3 years.

Also, you cannot 'send a letter' and ask for reconsideration. You have to complete the appropriate form and pay the almost £400 for a reconsideration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

martin_k
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by martin_k » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Yeah, sorry, I meant living in the UK for 3years + 12mths after settled status or +12mths after obtaining Permanent Residence Card, sorry.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:54 pm

martin_k wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:05 pm
Yeah, sorry, I meant living in the UK for 3years + 12mths after settled status or +12mths after obtaining Permanent Residence Card, sorry.
The original poster in this topic who was refused is married to a British citizen. There is no requirement to wait 12 months on settled status in this case before applying for British citizenship.

You are confusing the 5 years residence requirement for settled status/PR with the spouse of British citizen section 6(2) of the nationality act, 3 years residence requirement and holding settled status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nikmishin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by Nikmishin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:13 pm

alexbran89 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 am
I think this is something new as I presume they’ve updated the online AN application form, make sure you upload all letters received when you applied and been granted settled status/ ILR, I’ve uploaded mine just to be on the safe side.
Hey Alex,
Have you heard back from the Home Office yet? I hope for the positive outcome for you!

My update is just that I wrote to my MP about this mess and at about the same time submitted reconsideration. I got charged the 370 quid and eventually a month later got a letter from the HO acknowledging my form RN. In parallel my MP wrote to Caroline Nokes who is The Minister of State for Immigration. Caroline simply restated that there is no timeline for reconsiderations and that I'll have to wait and see basically. That was next to useless, thank you very much. My plan is to submit a SAR about now and see stirring things up this way could speed anything up: I'm sort of hoping that when HO do my SAR they'll see that I did have EU Settled Status when I applied for Naturalisation, they'll see my reconsideration and may be their shame awakens and they quickly fix this problem. Alas, this is just a dream!

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by Nikmishin » 26 Jun 2019 20:13

alexbran89 wrote: ↑18 Jun 2019 09:34

Hey Alex,
Have you heard back from the Home Office yet? I hope for the positive outcome for you!

My update is just that I wrote to my MP about this mess and at about the same time submitted reconsideration. I got charged the 370 quid and eventually a month later got a letter from the HO acknowledging my form RN. In parallel my MP wrote to Caroline Nokes who is The Minister of State for Immigration. Caroline simply restated that there is no timeline for reconsiderations and that I'll have to wait and see basically. That was next to useless, thank you very much. My plan is to submit a SAR about now and see stirring things up this way could speed anything up: I'm sort of hoping that when HO do my SAR they'll see that I did have EU Settled Status when I applied for Naturalisation, they'll see my reconsideration and may be their shame awakens and they quickly fix this problem. Alas, this is just a dream!

Hi Nikmishin,

Yes sorry I didn’t mentioned in my post that my application was already approved and received my letter on the 13th, attended my ceremony on the 14th but I had to send my certificate back to HO as they’ve misspelled my place of birth wrong so still waiting on that.

I do hope you will get there in the end and yeah it’s true when you apply for reconsideration they don’t really give you a time frame and unfortunately could take as minimum as 2,3 or even more then 6 months witch is frustrating.

When I applied back in Feb think the application was slightly different but I’ve attached all info regarding my settled status application and when my settled status was grated also, just wanted to be on the safe side.

Nikmishin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by Nikmishin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:18 pm

alexbran89 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:39 pm
Post by Nikmishin » 26 Jun 2019 20:13

alexbran89 wrote: ↑18 Jun 2019 09:34

Hey Alex,

Hi Nikmishin,

Yes sorry I didn’t mentioned in my post that my application was already approved and received my letter on the 13th, attended my ceremony on the 14th but I had to send my certificate back to HO as they’ve misspelled my place of birth wrong so still waiting on that.

I do hope you will get there in the end and yeah it’s true when you apply for reconsideration they don’t really give you a time frame and unfortunately could take as minimum as 2,3 or even more then 6 months witch is frustrating.

When I applied back in Feb think the application was slightly different but I’ve attached all info regarding my settled status application and when my settled status was grated also, just wanted to be on the safe side.
Excellent news (apart from the spelling mistake)!!! This fills me with hope for my reconsideration. I set my expectations low and don't expect anything until the end of 2019.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:57 am

NIshkimin, you can stop dreaming about stirring up things and getting things done. Even the MP got a perfunctory letter stating what you read here and in the guidance. You have appealed and u will have to wait till it is resolved according to HO rules and procedures. If you are lucky it will be soon. Thinking your approach is the right approach and HO workers are fools is not going to help you. Everybody knows that MPs are not capable of speeding processes with HO.