ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO won't send Invitation to ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kamilla
Russia

HO won't send Invitation to ceremony

Post by Kamilla » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi!
I have received a letter from the HO with an approval of my application for citizenship through naturalization.
It said in the letter that I should wait for 3 weeks for another letter - an invitation to my ceremony, with which I could book the ceremony. And if I don't receive it in time, I should email them on citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

It has been 5 weeks now. They don't respond to my emails.

Is there anything I can do?
Is the email wrong?
Could anyone please help with an advice?

Thank you in advance
K

Kehinde Aina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: HO won't send Invitation to ceremony

Post by Kehinde Aina » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi, I would advise you to call the closest local authority to you, that handles the citizenship ceremony. They might have your details.

Kamilla
Russia

Post by Kamilla » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Could you please confirm if the email is correct citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk?
I have seen slightly different emails suggested in this forum :cry:

Also, if there a phone number in the HO for that?

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Kamilla wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:28 pm
Could you please confirm if the email is correct citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk?

Your certificate is probably with the local council. The letter from HO would have said contact your local council within 21 days from the date of this letter. Unfortunately you have been chasing HO which does not make appointments for the ceremony. It may be late but no harm contacting the council ASAP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:08 pm

joeano353 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:59 pm
Kamilla wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Your certificate is probably with the local council. The letter from HO would have said contact your local council within 21 days from the date of this letter. Unfortunately you have been chasing HO which does not make appointments for the ceremony. It may be late but no harm contacting the council ASAP.
Not all approvals letters are a joint approval and ceremony letter. Many people get two separate letters!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kamilla
Russia

Post by Kamilla » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 pm

It said in the letter that I should wait for 3 weeks for another letter - an invitation to my ceremony, with which I could book the ceremony. And if I don't receive it in time, I should email them on citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

it did NOT say anything else.

I have called the council, they said they don't know what an invitation letter is and that they definitely don't issue anything like that, that apparently it must come from the HO and that all I can do is wait for the letter and book the ceremony online (for which i need the code).

Will definitely call them tomorrow and ask if they have my certificate. Thank you for the tips! :D

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Out of curiosity, could you tell us which council u reside in. This is the first time I hear that council does not know about citizenship/naturalisation certificate. HO does not conduct the ceremony and the matter is passed on the the council. So this seems very odd.

Kamilla
Russia

Post by Kamilla » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Camden Council.
And i am not surprised, I have enough experience with them.

Kamilla
Russia

Post by Kamilla » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 pm

I don't know what they know about the certificate, i haven't asked them about it, as I just learnt about it on this forum.

They did not know what an "invitation letter" to ceremony was all about.

Kamilla
Russia

Post by Kamilla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 am

All sorted now!

I just called the council. They do have my details now and the reference number from the APPROVAL letter is what i need to use to book the ceremony (which i've just done).

The whole INVITATION letter (that was mentioned in the APPROVAL letter) thing is irrelevant and misleading. At least in my case.

Thank you, Immigrationboard Advisors, without you I would have waited for years for the Invitation letter.